Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Interview with GW2 designer Angel Leigh McCoy

So I don't post that often here, but I sure as hell DO read a lot here, so I figured I might also do something here for once

I don't know if this has already been posted here, but there's an article with one of the writers of GW2 (Angel Leigh McCoy) on this website:
    nevermetpress.com/interview-w...r#.TxCqmPnQd5E (can't link posts yet )

Now that's all great and all, but the (one of the) most interesting parts is this ofc:

Q:when is the game going to be released? [wink wink]

A: I cannot answer it because I don’t know the answer. What I can tell you is that we’re currently in Closed Beta and planning has begun for an Open Beta. It’s all extremely exciting, and the game is coming along smashingly. It really is like magic when it all starts coming together and you see what an enormous accomplishment you’ve contributed to.

If this has already been posted before, ignore it and delete the thread if you'd like, if not, hope people like it

10+ Year Old Account
    Planning has begun for open beta????
    I think I just felt my dick move.

Deleted
    Interesting. Sounds like the CB won't be going on for to long. When they first mentioned CB I was thinking maybe 3-4 monts and a long weekend (maybe friday til monday) an OB. So the end of April was not such a bad guess...we'll see. Hopefully it will be very very soon!

That is certainly good news! Let's just hope that it doesn't get pushed back again. But, if they are in closed beta like they say, then hopefully that won't be the case.

Deleted
    That is certainly good news! Let's just hope that it doesn't get pushed back again. But, if they are in closed beta like they say, then hopefully that won't be the case.
    Yeah, GW2 looks so great that I really can't wait to play it Closed beta started December 16th 2011 btw. They already finished 2 periods (seems they work with 14 days periods).

Personally I feel a bit double cause of the news, as ofc planning for open beta is something completely normal (like planning for release etc.), so it doesn't give a proper time estimate, but ofc it DOES tell it's all getting really really close now, as they're confident enough to put down some times for themselves

Deleted
    That means closed beta is moving along nicely then. The fact that they started planning still doesn't mean a lot though, it'll be massive and they need to discuss things with their publisher for servers and all. So they need to prepare well in time.

Good news still, means there are probably no game-breaking things at the moment and things are moving according to plan.

I'm surprised this thread hasn't gotten more attention, the fact that open beta is being planned atm is a huge hint that the game is near completion and that we should receive a release date within a month or so *fingers crossed* I am so hyped up its stupid

Deleted
    My hype just went through the roof, this is great news! Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that combined with the common theme of we are in the polishing stage, i take that as a big WOO HOO Closed Beta is going along great (as we knew it would haha) and Open Beta is not too far away (we hope) either way like above poster my excitement level just went sky high again,thanks OP

Deleted
    That is great news! I really hop those planning won't take too long time though and that the open beta will be out pretty soon so that it will be a release on 28th of april!

Planning is quite vague though I'm sure they've been "planning" it for ages...
    But I guess at least it shows that the CB is progerssing well and to the point where they can really start thinking about it

Ok...hype on xD

They're PLANNING beta?

Feels like a step sideways than forward D:

Oh well! Cheers for the info'

Quote Originally Posted by Neglesh View Post
    They're PLANNING beta?

I think it's more like they're getting things into gear and setting up servers/client download/account signups.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neglesh View Post
    They're PLANNING beta?

Planning = It'll be here sooner than we think.

Very exciting news! And just as I'm getting my characters finally planned out (which works out in my favor)!

Quote Originally Posted by omlech View Post
    I think it's more like they're getting things into gear and setting up servers/client download/account signups.
    Good point I guess getting prepared is a little vague but you have a good point!

Quote Originally Posted by Grugmuc View Post
    Planning = It'll be here sooner than we think.
    Yeah let's hope so

Deleted
    Didn't someone said in an interview before that the closed beta ended December 30? Oh well, I might have been fooled.

Otherwise, great news. The closed beta shouldn't be going on for too long, then an open beta would open up, after that, the release date should be set.

Eh, it's just entertaining to see how everyone's opinion on the release date changes when they hear one quote.
    "It's releasing in Q4 2012!" suddenly goes to "It's releasing in Q2 2012 guys I just know it!"

But I must say that I am REALLY excited now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad hat man View Post
    Didn't someone said in an interview before that the closed beta ended December 30? Oh well, I might have been fooled.
    That was one closed beta test. There will be more.

Yeah...there was talk of monthy reports to come I tihnk.
    So while things are clearly progressing...they're still making efforts to ensure it's as complete as they feel it needs to be when it's released

Another tantalising tidbit though Damn them for being asura mesmers...