LOTR: War in the North, worth buying?

I need a new RPG to play...

But I have a couple questions as this is my first LOTR RPG(if I buy it)

1. Can this game be played solo? I hear a lot of about it's co-op traits but really haven't heard anything about solo play.
    -If co-op is REQUIRED then ignore the rest of the questions..I don't wanna play with anyone when I play RPG's(unless they're MMO's ofc.
    2. How is the combat? Is it better than Witcher 2's combat? As good as Witcher 2 was, you could tell they built the combat purely for consoles.
    3. How is the story.

Storywise, it's okay, nothing special.

Combat-wise, you can solo the whole game. co-op not required at all. The combat is somewhat like witcher 2, but rewards combos more than witcher games, which is pretty much clicking at the "right moments". You often get surrounded by mobs, and it's necessary to learn to kill effectively, otherwise you easily find yourself overwhelmed.

In all honesty, i'd recommend checking it out, but RENT it. dont buy it. it's too short of a game to justify buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fibby76 View Post
    Storywise, it's okay, nothing special.

Combat-wise, you can solo the whole game. co-op not required at all. The combat is somewhat like witcher 2, but rewards combos more than witcher games, which is pretty much clicking at the "right moments". You often get surrounded by mobs, and it's necessary to learn to kill effectively, otherwise you easily find yourself overwhelmed.

In all honesty, i'd recommend checking it out, but RENT it. dont buy it. it's too short of a game to justify buying it.
    Can't rent PC games.

But thanks for the input. I think I'm going to pass. I'll just hold out for Kingdom's of Amalur: Reckoning.

They do have that game for the consoles. but from sound of it, i'll presume you dont have any.

Quote Originally Posted by Fibby76 View Post
    They do have that game for the consoles. but from sound of it, i'll presume you dont have any.
    I have a PS3 and a 360..

They make great Blue-Ray/DVD/Netflix players.

I only game serious on PC. I use Move a lot with the wife but that about sums up my console gaming as of late.

Thanks for the input.

Stood in the Fire Stealthedbear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    How is this game's co-op? Is it any good? Or are there better games with co-op in the same game genre?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iCandy View Post
    Can't rent PC games.

But thanks for the input. I think I'm going to pass. I'll just hold out for Kingdom's of Amalur: Reckoning.
    www.onlive.com

Play the trial
    rent for 3 or 5 days
    Profit

Edit: http://www.onlive.com/games/details/...&type=trailers
    Last edited by Majik8ball; 2012-01-15 at 01:47 AM.
    "Can you truly help someone so intent on being stupid?"
    - Hawke

Didnt find it enjoyable at all really. Pretty medicore and you never really feel strong u just kinda get by. And some things just take forever to kill not in the inpatient sense just in the seriously ive been on this last mob for about a min.

theres a decent reveiw on g4tv another gaming site they said to stay clear of it thou