Poll: Will you buy Mass Effect 3 for PC?

Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    Deleted

Will you buy Mass Effect 3 for PC? [information on ME3/Origin included, please read!]

(Sorry if this has been posted before, I tried my best using the Search-function and couldn't find anything)

First up, Bioware has given a statement regarding ME3 and Origin:
    http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to...ndex/8975536/1
    1) Will Origin be a requirement to play all versions of Mass Effect 3? (Digital and/or from a retail brick and mortar store)
    Yes, Origin is required for all PC editions of Mass Effect 3, physical or digital.

2) Is constant Origin connection required or is it a single one off authentication when the game is first installed. Is there also a limit to the number of installations available?
    Mass Effect 3 will require a one time, single authorization for the single player game. There is no limit to the number of installs. Playing Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer will require a constant connection.

3) Is Origin required for the retail versions of the game?
    Origin is required for the PC versions of Mass Effect 3, both physical and digital.

4) Will ME3 be available on Steam?
    During initial release Mass Effect 3 will be available on Origin and a number of other 3rd party digital retailers, but not on Steam at this time. Steam has adopted a set of restrictive terms of service which limit how developers interact with customers to deliver patches and other downloadable content. We are intent on providing Mass Effect to players with the best possible experience no matter where they purchase or play their game, and are happy to partner with any download service that does not restrict our ability to connect directly with our consumers.

5) Is there an opt in or opt out clause for data collection?
    Users will be allowed to opt-out of Mass Effect 3 data collection from inside the game.

6) I’ve seen reports that Origin is spyware. Is this true?
    Origin is not spyware, and does not use or install spyware on user’s machines. In order to allow Origin to install games and their patches for everyone to use, Origin implements a permission change that results in Windows, not Origin, reviewing the filenames in the ProgramData/Origin folder. This is an ordinary Windows function, not an information-gathering process.

7) Has the Origin EULA been updated following recent questions in Germany?
    The German Origin EULA has been updated. For more information, please review the Origin EULA here: http://www.ea.com/1/product-eulas.

8) Is there a double-opt in for Mass Effect 3 marketing emails for German residents?
    Yes, we always adhere to the German requirement of a double opt-in standard for marketing emails. Mass Effect 3 users must opt-in twice to receive these emails.

So, after reading this statement, the question is simple: Will you buy ME3 for PC or not?
    I don't really care if you pirate it or buy it for Xbox360/PS3, you can write about that, maybe flame each other, I really don't care - just want to know if you'll buy it with Origin or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    basically this practice is going to be the new norm for gaming it seems.

Sucks that gaming is so monitored nowdays.
    dictated but not read.

Deleted
    Its bound to origin so no.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatInternet View Post
    basically this practice is going to be the new norm for gaming it seems.

Sucks that gaming is so monitored nowdays.
    This isn't really a case of anti-piracy and DRM which is what I assumed you meant by monitored. Its more a case of them trying to get more people onto origin via exclusives.

Who said I was gonna buy it in the first place?
    *snip*

The only way I'll buy it is after I've made an opinion on it after a couple of hours of gameplay, since developers of today don't bother to release demos anymore.
    But seeing how it will work with Origin, nah, I think I'll pass.
    I'm waiting for them to realize their mistake and switch to Steam, which is far superior.

Please don't discuss or promote piracy. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-01-15 at 08:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mass Effect 3 will be my #1 game of 2012.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not pleased with the forced Origin but I wouldn't mind paying actual money for the DLC instead of buying points on whatever system they had in ME2. I really don't understand how a "points" system where you can only buy the points and not earn them in game, makes any sense...

But even still, STEAM4LYFE! I may just take a pass on this one, if it's being used as leverage to push users to Origin. I'm honestly pretty surprised it wasn't pushed on SWTOR too.

Deleted
    I want this game so much, but if they make me use Origin, they can go f**k themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    I already planned on getting Mass Effect 3 however there is only ever a small portion of PC titles that I will ever deal with DRM with, mainly being "true" PC exclusives such as Blizzard games. If I have to choose between a console version or a PC version with DRM I will take the console version every time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, gonna console that bitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Side View Post
    Who said I was gonna buy it in the first place?
    *cough* torrents *cough

The only way I'll buy it is after I've made an opinion on it after a couple of hours of gameplay, since developers of today don't bother to release demos anymore.
    But seeing how it will work with Origin, nah, I think I'll pass.
    I'm waiting for them to realize their mistake and switch to Steam, which is far superior.
    They will be releasing a demo for ME3, it's planned for January.
    There will be a cross-demo-bonus-thingy for ME3 and Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, where if you play a demo of one of them you'll get bonus stuff for the both full games, so if you play both demos you'll get stuff for both games.
    If you play the KoA-demo, you'll get the Reckoner-Knight-Armor (maxes melee-damage and increases projectile-speed) and some kind of Chakram-Thrower, which produces it's own ammunition... not entirely sure how that works >_> (Oh and you get stuff for KoA of course)
    If you play the ME3-demo you'll get the N7-Armor and blades inspired by the Omnitool for KoA, don't know what you'll get for ME3 though.

PS: Definitely gonna get myself KoA:Reckoning, not 100% sure if for PC or Xbox, but will get it, seeing as it's a huge open world-RPG (size of Oblivion IIRC, but with more cities) with an Action-Adventure/RPG-Combatsystem. (think of Darksiders, God of War, etc.)

10+ Year Old Account
    I have ME1 and 2 on Steam, and ME2 on PS3.
    I'll buy ME3 on PC as I have atleast 3 full ME1 - ME3 saves ready to start once it comes out.

It sucks alot that they make us use Origin for it, but we know that EA are complete asshats so we just have to put up with it. It make be stupidly built and set out, but oh well, we just have to get used to it.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

For the time being I think I'll pass on ME3. While I'm not hysterical about Origin I still greatly dislike the service (even more so than say Steam) and therefore will probably avoid the game if they don't change their stance.

10+ Year Old Account
    well I'm already forced to use origin for Battlefield 3 so I don't see why I wouldn't buy mass effect 3 for pc(considering I don't have any consoles xD)

Pfft. And I was almost considering getting ME3 at launch... but if its not getting released on Steam... I can wait until they sort out their differences and get it onto Steam.

Won't buy this nor on PC nor on whatever else.

On one hand, I love steam and use it for all my digital downloads because it isn't counted towards my download limit. On the other, you always seem to have to go to a different site to get DLC so I can see that they have a hard policy with putting on there.

Hopefully these things cause Steam to rethink their policies so I can get back to using it for everything.

Deleted
    Hmm, buy? Probably not.

If the reviews are really good, I might though.

I'm not sure. *snip*. If it turns out the multiplayer is pretty good I'll buy it on origin, but otherwise x-box.

Please don't discuss or promote piracy. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-01-15 at 08:45 PM.

Deleted
    *snip*

Not a good start for you. Please don't promote piracy on these forums. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-01-15 at 08:44 PM.