Poll: Will you buy Mass Effect 3 for PC?

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    As much as I despise Origin... yes, because both of my previous ME copies are on the PC.

The problem is origin is so bad. I tried to buy just time card from it and serisously eshops that cost 1000 bucks to set up are more intuitive than that crap.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

i dont really give a damn about origin. theres much worse stuff out there and in the end all i care about is being able to play the game. so yes, i will buy it on the pc

Quote Originally Posted by black-morph View Post
    So...exactly like what Valve do with Steam?, Not you specifically, but its shocking how many people put steam on a pedestal
    and lick its arse. Yes its a good service but its not without its faults.
    I find both Origin and Steam to be completely retarded and awful systems.

"When I buy a box, I DON'T WANT TO FUCKING INSTALL your godawful game selling platform" is all I could say to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    xbox because that's where I played the other two. Also, why does everyone hate origin? I don't see a problem with it.

Deleted
    So...exactly like what Valve do with Steam?, Not you specifically, but its shocking how many people put steam on a pedestal
    I remember when Steam first came out it caused more of an uproar than Origin has. A few discounted games later and all was forgiven. Having unsubbed out of WoW for nearly two months now I looked through my old games and decided to reinstall Fallout New Vegas, which Steam wanted to download in it's entirety, despite the disc being in my PC.If Gabe Newell was any other developer he would be crucified for not releasing Half Life 3 yet, but instead he is evangelised.
    Is Steam better than Origin? You bet.
    Is Steam perfect? Far from it.
    Is there room for both platforms? Of course there is.
    I don't know why the gaming community persist on this either/or mentality. Is your HDD so starved of space that it can't fit both programs?

Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    I remember when Steam first came out it caused more of an uproar than Origin has. A few discounted games later and all was forgiven. Having unsubbed out of WoW for nearly two months now I looked through my old games and decided to reinstall Fallout New Vegas, which Steam wanted to download in it's entirety, despite the disc being in my PC.If Gabe Newell was any other developer he would be crucified for not releasing Half Life 3 yet, but instead he is evangelised.
    Is Steam better than Origin? You bet.
    Is Steam perfect? Far from it.
    Is there room for both platforms? Of course there is.
    I don't know why the gaming community persist on this either/or mentality. Is your HDD so starved of space that it can't fit both programs?
    Maybe their whole argument was about having to run 2 programs at the same time while the two are in essence, the same thing.
    I personally don't see the problem with that. If I want to play on Steam, I'll launch it and then close it after I'm done. That is indeed hard to to.
    l'alurl gol zhah elghinyrr gol.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    No, I agree. Valve does it too (with Steam) and it's retarded. Bethesda kinda got it right with Fallout 3: Games for Windows Live accounts were optional if you wanted achievement tracking and DLC, but otherwise the product worked fine out of the box without them.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

10+ Year Old Account
    well, I probably will since I have the other two on pc, and I don't have a console that can play them.

I don't really want to though... since it's using origin and what not. Steam is so much better.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have had no problems with Origin so far. It's not as good as Steam, but it's far from the worst digital distribution system I've ever used. I'm looking you dead in the face, EA Download Manager.

Deleted
    Origins is just there to protect against used sales. No I don't condone DRM but Steam works the same way. By making sure that you can't use a key for several different installs by several different people it means that if you want to pass your game onwards to someone else you need to pass your entire account on, which people are not entirely willing to do.

Until Origin actually contains functionality that doesn't stop at "use this to buy our game" then I'll always be hesitant to use it.

Yes, Steam also has this functionality, but it bridges the gap of trust by offering other services in exchange for agreeing and using their application. With Origin, you can't even gift anything to another Origin user.

No. Partly because of Origin, but mostly because all my saves on XBOX version. Otherwise I'd probably buy PS3.

---------- Post added 2012-01-25 at 08:46 AM ----------

I don't argue that Steam has issues. But the last thing we need is MORE content delivery platforms. I want to have all my games in one platform, and if I have to pick - I pick Steam.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Quote Originally Posted by vanin View Post
    Origins is just there to protect against used sales. No I don't condone DRM but Steam works the same way. By making sure that you can't use a key for several different installs by several different people it means that if you want to pass your game onwards to someone else you need to pass your entire account on, which people are not entirely willing to do.
    If Steam works the same way, they should give us the choice to use that instead. I have 170 games on Steam and don't want to have to use Origin to play just 1 game.

Deleted
    Fuck no, I wont get it at all ME has been going down hill. It being Origin exclusive is the last straw.

Will buy it for PC I guess... already have Origin for BF3. Perhaps they will improve it over time... but right now it's god damn awful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    If Steam works the same way, they should give us the choice to use that instead. I have 170 games on Steam and don't want to have to use Origin to play just 1 game.
    That I don't agree with, it is not a good solution to give Steam a monopoly on digital distribution of games. I think EA is making a move in the right direction with Origin, but they are acting like asses about as if they don't want people to use it (evident by the outcry on this and other forums about Origin-exclusive titles). Origin won't protect EA from piracy, what it will do is protect them from used sales which is a much bigger reason for loss of money than piracy could ever hope to be. I understand why EA does what it does, they should get money for their products just like everyone else.

Also there is the slight possiblity that EA and Valve could not come to an agreement regarding Steam, as far as I am aware the issue with Battlefield 3 on Steam was that Valve was not willing to/could not distribute patches through Steam and were not willing to/could not send players through to Origin to get said patches. Just hearsay, something I read somewhere before the BF3 release. For all we know there could have been a marketing or money argument which later caused EA to shove Origin in everyone's faces.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    That rumor doesn't make much sense, vanin. Steam does patches automatically, almost invisible to the user. I doubt Steam would have any trouble serving patches to Mass Effect players. I'm sure it was just about money, and EA wanting more of it.

EA is super greedy and has been for years. Why else do you think we get a new Madden and a new Tiger Woods every year with little to no innovation? They just want a piece of Valve's action. EA is, after all, a publisher.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

If the Origin ordeal is maintained, i will not buy this for PC....

I'm buying it, I'm just way into the ME series so of course I have to play ME3.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance