Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

how to tell if someones a girl gamer?

there are a few girl players in our guild but i had no idea they were until they said so ( and hearing them in raidcall). i didnt notice anything different from guys playing female toons.

are there any signs or give-aways to identify girl gamers ?

i guess this yust proves that girls tend too be not all that different that guys

10+ Year Old Account
    More caring.
    Sound like a girl on Vent.
    Hate sexism.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Deleted
    those that want to be recognized as girls are attention whores.
    those that are just female gamers will not show any difference in behavior to male gamers.

If they're trying to hide the fact that they're a girl the only way you're ever going to find out is hearing them speak in vent(or whatever your guild uses) or them telling you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    More caring.
    Hate sexism.
    i do care about other ppl

and i hate sexism ALOT..

just listen to the voice or a pic, its the best thing..

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fagnut View Post
    Unless they specifically want you to know. Most likely not, maybe some show of vocabuly or how they act in social situations. But just from playing with them? No.
    Edit:
    And, why does it matter what gender the people you play games with are?

Being female myself I can USUALLY tell when i'm talking to another girl (not just after I hear her speak on vent) as females tend to be far more chatty than men. Men when you talk to them either don't respond or give one word answers whereas girls usually try to carry on a conversation.

For example I like to chat to my party members when I do heroic as I find them insanely boring. If I try to make a joke to get people talking and met with stony silence it's generally a party of all males, if on the other hand I manage to get some kind of conversation running it's generally (not always) a female

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3

Deleted
    You could just ask. Also, tip for you: It doesn't matter if they're female. They'll appreciate it if you treat them the same as you'd treat a guy. Don't hit on them, don't fawn over them.

Deleted
    More caring.
    Hate sexism.
    I care about people's problems.
    I don't use vent.
    I hate sexism.

I must be a girl, right? NOOOOOOOO!

That said, OP, why do you care if people you play it are women or men? They're gamers. The end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReWahn View Post
    those that want to be recognized as girls are attention whores.
    those that are just female gamers will not show any difference in behavior to male gamers.
    This right here. The ones that spout off that they're a girl at every possible opportunity are attention whores and drama bombs waiting to happen. Those of us who are just female gamers just want to play and be left more or less alone just like the guys. I question why you're looking for giveaways - there are generally only two reasons. We don't want drooling stalker-creep wannabe boyfriends, and we don't give a damn if you have some problem with women playing.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Deleted
    More caring.
    Hate sexism.
    The hate sexism isnt really true for all of them. Have met about a handful raiding females and most of them are far from shy or anti sexism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormreage View Post
    The hate sexism isnt really true for all of them. Have met about a handful raiding females and most of them are far from shy or anti sexism.
    It also depends on how it's phrased. I mean, 90% of the time it's either meant in good humor, in which case I play along ("You _sure_ you want me back in the kitchen, sweetheart? There are big knives and cast iron frying pans in there..."), or it's some clueless 14-year-old mouthing off because he thinks he sounds cool, in which case I just poke back at 'em till they ragesplode. ;D Genuine sexism that's actually worth making drama about in-game is few and far between.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

I used to raid until a couple of weeks ago and I definitely do not hate sexism. I've lost count of the amount of times i've had sexist remarks thrown my way and it dosn't bother me in the slightest. Actually I find it downright funny

I wouldn't exactly say i'm shy. Granted I don't speak on vent terribly often but that's for 3 reasons. 1) I hate the sound of my own voice being played back at me so I don't talk as I don't want to hear the dreaded "Echo" and 2) I don't use headphones I listen to WoW from my surround sound system so I know for a fact that if i'm talking and someone else is talking on vent at the same time they get the sound of their own voice being broadcast back at them. I hate it with a passion so I make sure I don't do it to others and 3) I get hideous vent lag. If I am just listening it's fine. Everytime I try to broadcast it lags and cuts out constantly so nobody can understand me (no it's not my mic, I've had it happen on 3 diferent mics and I can talk to myself on a sound recorder till I'm blue in the face and it dosn't drop out at all). It's easier to just use text

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fagnut View Post
    there are a few girl players in our guild but i had no idea they were until they said so ( and hearing them in raidcall). i didnt notice anything different from guys playing female toons.

They don't spend every third sentence drawing attention to the fact that they have breasts.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    They don't spend every third sentence drawing attention to the fact that they have breasts.
    THIS !! Unless you hear them on vent it is difficult to say who is a girl and who is a man in WoW. I mean most girls don´t run around saying "IM A GIRL I HAZ BREASTS" so yeah

Btw im a guy and I hate sexism too ...

If they whine a lot, it's probably either a kid or a female, they usually get emotional about loot and pretty items. Thats my experience atleast of course there may be girls who are different and knows how to blend into this man dominated game.

If you're new in my guild, you will know I'm a girl just because:
    -my fellow guildies correct you if you say something on guild chat and refer to me as "he"
    -I talk in mumble
    -I happen to say something like "inv my bf too".

Hey ladies....wanna d8? I can do the Tauren /flex

I've met chicks that play and some roll with the punches (and even fire back) while others are just annoying as shit and are just looking for an excuse to show ppl their pics in order to take advantage of the fact that they have boobs. Just be warned: the latter type have more influence then most ppl think lol.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    it is easy to tell...just check out the boobs on the toon, and there you go. Surely no guy would play a girl toon
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.