Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Solo Ilum Boss for millions of credits (server price dependent)

On Ilum at aproximately [720, 1173] (the very bottom of the first map) is an outdoor Boss named Graymane. He seems to only have one ability, which is a stun. His melee swings don't do a lot of damage and he has a fairly slow attack speed. The location favours Republic but I couldn't find any equivilent mob up on Empires side - all that means is that Empire players will need to spend a couple of extra minutes traveling down there.

He drops up to around 3k credits but, where the real money comes from are the lvl 49-50 drops, which range from orange, blue and even
    purple! On the servers I have checked so far these items sell for anywhere between 20-150k and with a respawn timer of only 5 minutes this is a great mob to camp, whilst PvPing or even between AFK'ing.

Lol! interesting find.

Thanks for sharing.
    Asrock Extreme 6 Rev B3 | Core i5-2500k@4.6ghz | 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance | Corsair HX1050W | Intel SSD 510 120gb | 5TB storage space | Gigabyte GTX 580 SLI

In b4 people getting banned for soloing a boss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veroly View Post
    I agree, track record makes me think IT'S A TRAP

Deleted
    If they would do that.. well..
    Most champions are just shit easy though. Honestly, most of them do little to no damage and just have a ridiculously big health pool so it really just takes a while to do but never really is any threat. Most of them also don't drop very good items though.

Deleted
    I think BW will still consider this an exploit

Deleted
    It wont and it's been nerfed already. The boss drops only creds+greens (used to drop blues, killed him 5-6 times last week). Went back today just to check if anyone was camping, there was nobody there so I killed him 4 times, greens each time.

I used to be able to do the same to a lvl 40 champ on Hoth (when I was 38). But it took a lot more work, since he would hit me for 30% of my health at a time, so I had to kite him around a structure, dropping dots and letting my companion do the work. I think I filled a whole bank slot with oranges, purples and blues in a day, not to mention getting to lvl 40 just on him.

Edit*

Being Republic and on a server that's 75% Imperial, things dont move that much on the GTN simply due to lack of players, so don't think I got rich selling the few blues I got from killing champs. Plus it's not an exploit, in the case of Graymane I simply tank him while my companion heals.
    Last edited by mmocc468b26ddc; 2012-01-15 at 06:18 PM.

Just killed this guy, he dropped 3450 credits and a blue belt. Very soloable as a fresh 50 with proper CD usage.
    3385 and orange boots
    3165 and a green belt
    Unlootable at 10pm
    3225 and orange electrostaff at 10:50pm
    Last edited by DemaioJ; 2012-01-17 at 03:51 AM.
    Divine, Unmarred and Electrified
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Demaio/simple
    Retired(ish)

Deleted
    To be frank I get a ton more cash crafting and selling purple lvl 49-50 armor, just by buying the mats off the GTN. But this is on a low pop Republic side that has virtually no Armormech crafters with decent recipes except me.

God, i hate people that post shit probably after they've farmed it to death, purposely publishing it so it gets fixed.

I really don't see any need for a change at all. The returns are about on par with simply doing dailies, probably much worse in the long run.
    Divine, Unmarred and Electrified
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Demaio/simple
    Retired(ish)

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I made 250k off this today, just farm it inbetween warzone queues and logout after every other kill.

I vendor the blues and greens
    the oranges sell for 50k+

Ty for this
    Auburn Tigers 2010 National Champions

Deleted
    I doubt they will ban you just for killing him. More than likely they will if you exploit the kill but otherwise there is nothing in the rules that says you can't do it, if you're able to kill him. It would be kinda like Blizzard banning people for solo farming Firelands.

---------- Post added 2012-01-17 at 08:24 AM ----------

Kk, just updating a little. This mob is a pushover. He hits like a girl, he is stunnable and even kitable. Soloed him on my sorcerer, using my healing companion, with obscenely poor gear, and had no issues. Bioware needs to help this guy out

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I think BW will still consider this an exploit
    LOl thats pretty dumb to say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barkong View Post
    God, i hate people that post shit probably after they've farmed it to death, purposely publishing it so it gets fixed.
    Wow, you foiled my secret plan to get this mob "fixed" after I killed it....would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for you pesky kids.

Glad it's helped some people out!

Quote Originally Posted by barkong View Post
    I say, the more the merrier. When people have snit fits it usually gets things fixed. Most of the time its because they got forced to share and they don't want.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Deleted
    Logging on is considered an exploit.

nice find though

They COULD ban you for "sabotaging the server's economy" but I highly doubt they would.

There are rules that would let them though and justify it.
    "I pulled up to moonglade about 7 or 8
    and yelled to the trainer "yo resto cya."
    Looked at my talent tree, i was finally there.
    To go to Karazhan and tank in dire bear."
    -Yarma

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think you people need to get over the Ilum bans, you guys all have to admit that if a level 20 could make literally millions of credits an hour it was simply unfair and stupid. Was it an easily fixed design flaw? Yes, I believe so. Was it still to be considered and exploit? Yes, I believe so.

On topic: There is no word that this guy got ninja nerfed in today's patch, might have happened but they've seen the backlash from keeping things hush-hush so I assume they will be documenting their changes a lot better now. Me and my friend killed him a couple times (mainly to piss off the BH who was standing there and who was instantly a real jerk when we came to find out if it worked). He does drop aroung 3k credits (and a SHIT LOAD of legacy xp) but we haven't seen the crazy drops you all are discussing. Maybe that was just bad RNG but out of 10 kills we saw 1 blue (not orange) and 9 greens. I think he might have even dropped nothing once.

tl;dr He's really really random in terms of who he's nice to and who he just wants to leave him alone. His respawn timer is almost 5 mins on the nose, by the way, I used my iPod stopwatch when we were trying to make that BH guy mad.

2700 credits, green, med pak.
    2200 credits, green.

Will relog and give this a few more shots. :x

Edit: Quick relog. 2100 credits. Nothing else.
    Last edited by Drslump; 2012-01-18 at 03:36 PM.