Deleted

Gtx 560 ti VS Gtx 560 ti 488 core

I'm having a hard time choosing between the two, and I would like to get some opinions on whether or not it is worth paying around 80$ more for the 448 for a little extra performance. I will be using the computer for playing mainly for playing Diablo 3 and Guild Wars 2, when they decide to come out lol. You don't have to worry about whether or not by PSU and the rest of my computer can handle it, because I already know it can (Through research, and from asking on this forum). Both of the graphic cards I have looked at are the MSI Twin Frozr versions of them, mostly because I plan on overclocking the graphics card, and also because of reviews.

Hopefully someone can help me decide, and thanks in advance.

The 448 core 560ti when overclocked benches very close to lightly overclocked gtx 570's. It's worth the price if you play on a small enough resolution that the vram won't be an issue vs. a more expensive card.

Quote Originally Posted by GG you got me View Post
    The 448 core 560ti when overclocked benches very close to lightly overclocked gtx 570's. It's worth the price if you play on a small enough resolution (1gb per full hd is enough as long as not using some badass anitaliasing that has to be applied with custom patches) that the vram won't be an issue vs. a more expensive card.
    nevertheless if he is already taking a 560ti 448 into consideration then he should think about a 570 aswell, which is slightly higher priced than the 560ti 448, but offers a way higher oc-potential

I was struggling with the same dilemma too until about a week ago, when I bought the GTX 560ti. The ti-488 supposedly performs about 20% better, but costs about 35% more here. It was a tough decision to make, but in the end I couldn't justify spending the extra money. Price/Performance-wise, the 560ti is hard to beat, and I have no doubt it'll last me quite a while. I'm very happy with it, it runs most games on the highest settings flawlessly, even on my old Core2Duo.

I agree the gtx 570 is a better purchase, if his price range will permit.

I have a 560 ti and have yet to see it break a sweat. WoW, Skyrim, TOR all run max settings flawlessly.

25 man raid on Ultraxion my fps dips down to about 20 fps, but my old 2.8ghz i5 should be upgraded too so might be bottlenecking somewhat, im not sure though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaim View Post
    nevertheless if he is already taking a 560ti 448 into consideration then he should think about a 570 aswell, which is slightly higher priced than the 560ti 448, but offers a way higher oc-potential
    I have considered the 570, but the thing is, for a good version like the MSI one, it would cost about 100$ more, which I think is too much. I have seen that the prices are closer to eachother in the US and Canada, but unfortunately that isn't the case in Denmark.

Also would the 1gb or 1,2gb (for the 448) Vram be enough to run at a 1920*1080 resolution?

Quote Originally Posted by Injinjpow View Post
    25 man raid on Ultraxion my fps dips down to about 20 fps, but my old 2.8ghz i5 should be upgraded too so might be bottlenecking somewhat, im not sure though.
    i pretty much have the same problem with my high-end rig ( click the signature, if you want to see it) and it's coming from the vast aoe and you're going to keep this problem even with a better computer. the only way to avoid this is by not doing 25 mans.

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Proxeneta View Post
    Also would the 1gb or 1,2gb (for the 448) Vram be enough to run at a 1920*1080 resolution?
    1gb is pretty much all you need

(unless you're going to setup some crazy antialiasing or multisampling-like stuff, which you will have to implement through some freaky patches - but i guess you won't do that anyway)
    Last edited by Flaim; 2012-01-15 at 05:05 PM.

I think you were trying to add a personal note to the message of mine that you quoted. Something to remember though is that as low as 1920x1200, BF3 will eat 1.4gigs of VRAM, surpassing even the stock 1.28 on most 570's. He hasn't mentioned his resolution yet, but it is worth noting. This fact is why I personally play on full ultra settings at 1920x1200 with my 570, but with post processing high and 0 deferred MSAA as opposed to 2 or 4x msaa which I could achieve (based on clock and mem speeds) with slightly more VRAM.

This is all revolving around nothing less than perfect 60 fps obviously.

I think you were trying to add a personal note to the message of mine that you quoted.
    eyup.
    Something to remember though is that as low as 1920x1200, BF3 will eat 1.4gigs of VRAM, surpassing even the stock 1.28 on most 570's. He hasn't mentioned his resolution yet, but it is worth noting. This fact is why I personally play on full ultra settings at 1920x1200 with my 570, but with post processing high and 0 deferred MSAA as opposed to 2 or 4x msaa which I could achieve (based on clock and mem speeds) with slightly more VRAM.

This is all revolving around nothing less than perfect 60 fps obviously.
    i know that bf3 is special in this point, but he stated in his first post that he is going to use that card for d3 and gw2 which aren't going to eat that much vram, else i would suggest either a 2gb version of either the cards already mentioned or the amd 6950/6970.
    atm there no more games that are going beyond the 1gb limit than fingers on your hand, but they'll keep on coming (veeeeery slowly).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Injinjpow View Post
    I have a 560 ti and have yet to see it break a sweat. WoW, Skyrim, TOR all run max settings flawlessly.

Don't know what res you're running at or how much VRAM your version has but on Skyrim at 1920x1080 I'm at my VRAM limit (1.28GB) with the 570...
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Sylvanas EU - Fierae (Druid) | HotS | EVE | PUBG
    Played: Rift | Guild Wars 2 | SW:TOR | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

Deleted
    He hasn't mentioned his resolution yet, but it is worth noting..
    My resolution is 1920*1080.

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as I know, reference PCB 570s offer very little overclocking-potential, set back by the VRM. The thing that is better about them is of course the extra shader cluster.

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    As far as I know, reference PCB 570s offer very little overclocking-potential, set back by the VRM. The thing that is better about them is of course the extra shader cluster.
    The VRM issues were on the non-reference MSI designs. Overclocking potential for reference and non-reference 570's not withstanding the MSI flaw are pretty much universal. I run reference 570 stable through all tests and in crysis/bf3/deus ex: HR/crysis 2 etc etc at 910 core/2300mem(1150 raw) on 1088mV. You won't find too many cards reference or non-reference stable at those clocks through all games, so it's not a matter of the reference pcb.