Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    @OP - It doesn't look like 120hz IPS panels exist. You can read the following article for the reason why:

http://www.pcmonitors.org/articles/w...responsiveness

So I guess you'll have to decide for (possibly) higher v-synced FPS, or a better overall image quality with IPS.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

I would honestly target an Ultrasharp or Eizo monitor instead.

flatpanelshd.com recommend the following of 'em:
    Eizo Foris FS2332
    Dell U2312HM
    Eizo Foris FS2331

But personally, I'd go for the Ultrasharp in a heartbeat. That foot is amazing.
    Last edited by Drunkenvalley; 2012-01-15 at 09:37 PM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I want a nice Ultrasharp so badly.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

15+ Year Old Account
    In a place where hordes of squirrels roam free.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Without Vsync on I can get up to 110fps in SWTOR (which seems like the max encoded fps limit) so, technically what you're saying is flawed. And that is on 1920x1080 with a 560 Ti with maxed graphics. (Granted the graphics have not been optimized.) I guess it really all comes down to what is *reasonable.* Reasonable being perhaps a $250~ single graphics card, not Synthaxx or Cyanotical's setups. Will my single 560 Ti run BF3 on near ultra settings 1080p at 120fps? No. Will Synthaxx's? Last I recall him saying was it did.
    SWTOR isn't as demanding in BF3, even if swtor is among the newer games.
    Speaking for morality in economics is like fucking for virginity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sava View Post
    I was not trying to say it is? O_o
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by Sava View Post
    That's a bit Captain Obvious, given the game lacks many of its meaningful details, such as high resolution textures.

Okay guys, Thanks for the inputs so far
    I've decided to go with a IPS panel instead of the regular TN panels.
    I've found these to monitors:
    http://accessories.euro.dell.com/sna...5c139e4e7e58f5
    or
    http://www.eizo.se/default.aspx?page...duct=FS2332-BK

Does any of you have experience with either of these? Which would you choose?

I've got a U2312HM. The monitor itself is perfect imo. And I just can't stress this enough: The foot's flexibility is amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    First of all, going to play mini-Tetris: the 2312 is not true IPS apparently. If you can, get the 2311.

However I have seen the Dell IPS displays in person at a store, and while I didn't really have an optimal chance to really take a look, tinker, game, or anything really other than sit in front of the screen and look at it - it did look very nice. Looked crisp.

The second website is taking an abysmally long time to load, so that could be a sign that your destiny lies with Dell. ;p However I don't think I've even heard of Eizo.

There it just loaded... yeah never heard of Eizo. =X
    "A flower.

Is the human eye/brain even capable of processing all the screen information at 120fps?? or is it only an e-peen wise dumb waste of money??

I've heard that 120 Hz DOES make a difference in FPS gaming.. Every professional FPS gamer uses a 120 Hz screen. Other professional gamers like Star Craft 2 gamers, or MMO's or that stuff uses more IPS panels.. I just read that..

Why the heck do you feel the need to go from the ashes and into the fire, Moi? It's fine to ask questions, but if the answer to your question is "no" they're e-peeners and stupid? That's... it would be against the forum rules for me to tell you how I feel about this kind of approach to your question.

The answer is that people can process that many frames, but reaction times from the player are hardly going to change if you couldn't react at 60 FPS either. Getting 120Hz is not going to improve your "leet skills," but they certainly add eyecandy.

Oh and lastly.. How much does the response time affect gaming?

To be quite plain it doesn't. Some monitors will show very bad trailing effects, but that's not present with the Ultrasharp. It's more important to keep input delay in mind if anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Why the heck do you feel the need to go from the ashes and into the fire, Moi? It's fine to ask questions, but if the answer to your question is "no" they're e-peeners and stupid? That's... it would be against the forum rules for me to tell you how I feel about this kind of approach to your question.

The answer is that people can process that many frames, but reaction times from the player are hardly going to change if you couldn't react at 60 FPS either. Getting 120Hz is not going to improve your "leet skills," but they certainly add eyecandy.
    Well, at least you got my point... anyways everyone can do what they want with their money... just wanted to troll a little in my last post, but I think I better stop. Laters.-

Mod Edit: Yeah, let's not post just to troll.
    Last edited by Cilraaz; 2012-01-15 at 10:10 PM.

Okay, Thanks buddies! I will be flipping a coin tomorrow on which screen to pick! I don't really wanna look into more models as I will get even more confused with these trillions of monitors out there

Again, I'd emphasize the U2312HM. While it's true that it's not the "true" IPS, the picture quality between it and the 24" were quite close.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Again, I'd emphasize the U2312HM. While it's true that it's not the "true" IPS, the picture quality between it and the 24" were quite close.
    +1 on this. It's the monitor I currently use, it's gorgeous, and it has no input lag (different than response time; definitely pay attention to this for fast games).