Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I was playing Dark Souls and trying to find a door that I had JUST gone through, and I was running around the perimeter of the room looking for it, but the angle that the camera happened to be at whenever I would round the corner would conceal the door from my field of vision. I ran around this room like five times before my boyfriend finally told me where it was. I felt so dumb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Terrydactyland in Banjo Tooie. I love this game but I haaaaaaaaaate that level. Seriously, it's almost as bad as Rusty Bucket Bay,

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    999 Achievement points, and you're not trying it RIGHT NOW?!?!? If my gamerscore didn't end in a 5 or a 10, I wouldn't sleep until I fixed it. That's just plain evil, I hate developers put weird numbered achievements in their games! If it was an achievement I couldn't fix, I think I'd die.
    Reminds me of something I did to my friend's gamerscore playing Marathon. I got him one of those 4 point achievements and he was stuck at it for months until I figured out how to get past the first level of Marathon.

That being said.

The first level of Marathon...

---------- Post added 2012-01-15 at 11:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lukas 45 View Post
    Getting a spaceship completed in Civ III... Never managed it in 2 years (not in the same game) because my english sucked.
    Focus all development on trade and science research.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

When I first played pokemon red I couldn't figure out how to get out of your house....

inb4 shitstorm of lolz

Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    When I first played pokemon red I couldn't figure out how to get out of your house....

inb4 shitstorm of lolz
    That is the best reply to this thread yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    spyro the dragon, the swamp home world... i just never figured out how it worked when i was about 9... i actually went back to it when i was like 14 and still couldnt figure it out...

NOW, at the ripe old age of 21, i have completed the game 120%! just yesterday!

10+ Year Old Account

inb4 shitstorm of lolz
    You sir. Just won

Killing Voldemort in the old sorcerers stone videogame...the one where pillars fall on you...and the mirror spins. God damn that was awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    Super Mario World, the level Tubular.

I think I was stuck on it for what, 2-3 months?
    I couldnt remember anything i was really stuck good on. Then i read this post and remembering nearly nothing of SMW, just the mention of the world "Tubular" brought back painful memories.

God i hated whoever created that stage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    I was stupidly stuck in the caveman dance club in Conker's Bad Fur Day, took me a while to figure out what I was suppose to do.
    I still don't know wth to do in there. I'll figure it out on my own someday....

Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    Super Mario World, the level Tubular.

I think I was stuck on it for what, 2-3 months?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxFAvsmRJew

And that guy just beat it in 17 seconds without touching a P-balloon, that bastard. I hated that level, and it was the sole reason I never finished the Special World until just a few years ago.

Others:

1) A jumping puzzle in Alundra that just required stacking stuff...

2) A 'puzzle' in Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest that just involved jumping on top of a platform I didn't know was a platform. That one took me years.

3) The very first puzzle in SS, at least for a few minutes.

4) The bosses in Illusion of Gaia. In my defense, they're still hard as heck now.

5) The pokemon league in Red. All I had at the time was a Venusaur...

And finally, not so stupidly, all of the later temples in OoT Master Quest when I miss really obvious but well hidden stuff. That game was great at making me feel dumb.

Deleted
    No one will have a clue about the game I am going to mention.... The WIMP Game for the Archimedes, it was evil. It didn't tell you you failed, just left you. This was in the days before the internet, but here's a solution to room 7.

Switch on till. Place the beer glass on beer mat. Drag a bag of nuts from the far left wall and place then in front of the till on the bar. Take a glass and fill it from the A bottle then place it on the bar in front of the till. Do the same, except fill the new glass from the R bottle, place the glass as near as possible to previous one you filled on the bar. Then repeat the process to spell : A R CH IM ED ES. Click on D, L, X, II keys on the till, then click on the key marked E. A Master 128 appears in the till drawer. Click on it.

Deleted

inb4 shitstorm of lolz
    You sir have just won this thread !! Absolutely brilliant LOL

Deleted
    The pokemon thing I recall going through, my own personal stupid experience was in Portal one, one of the first puzzles where you have to get across to an elevated platform with the door on it. I have no idea what I was doing there, confused by all the white walls trying out all sorts of weird shit before I eventually found the very obvious solution. Given my familiarity with first person shooters, I've no idea why I found it so confusing.

10+ Year Old Account
    In Gothic 2 during the quests to get initiated into the Mages Guild you had to summon and defeat a magic golem, I tried using every spell and weapon I had but could do no damage to it so I reverted back to the old RPG trick of dragging it all the way to the nearest town to get attacked by the guards.. After dragging this golem around for about 3 hours and having him kill the vast majority of NPC's in the game I realised I just needed a hammer located next to the quest giver that one shot him .
    Last edited by Nirawen; 2012-01-16 at 09:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Final Fantasy Adventure. I bought this back in 1991 or 1992. I was stuck for at least 2 and a half year on one simple thing: "Palm trees and eight."

I loved the game none the less

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember this one particular mission on singularity hard mode, I had to run through a tunnel with explosive alien bug-things, shooting thier nests. fuck me that was one frustrating part of a mission

Castlevania: Simon's Quest or omg Maniac Mansion.

Okami: Possibly one of the most beautifull games i have ever played. Getting the last collectable Bead for the String of Beads (The most powerful collectable item in the game). The guardian thing you have to defeat is a crazy difficult challenge for one person to do alone, without some kind of mechanical assistance.

Seventh Saga: An old school SNES RPG, This game had one of the most singularly evil desgin choices in it that I have ever encountered: leveling your character too fast could potentially make the game impossible to beat. The game gave you a choice of one of 7 characters to play through as. Each character had a "nemesis" among the other 6, an opponent who would then show up from time to time as you played through the game and engage you in a miniboss type duel at the same level as you. The problem was, the computer automatically gave the nemesis character access to the best possible gear and spells for their level, REGARDLESS of if the equivilent gear was available to your character

For example: If you spent time in a dungeon you could normally plow through at level 15 and power leveled yourself to level 20, this would usually not be a problem in any other game (final fantasy, Suikoden, etc). Because you could plow through this dungeon at 15, you were usually equipped with say level level 10 or 12 gear and spells from the previous town, and you knew there was a pretty good chance that the level 15 stuff would be purchasabe in the next town you got to after the dungeon. However, invariably, just before getting to that next town, you would be accosted by your nemesis, and get your ass unavoidably handed to you by a fully decked out level 20 opponent in a battle you had absolutely no hope of winning..

I got stuck in this situation something like 8 or 10 hours into my first playthrough, and after trying for something like 3 hours with every fucking trick in the book to kill my opponent, i just gave up and never touched the game again.

10+ Year Old Account

inb4 shitstorm of lolz
    On a slightly similar note, the very first game I played (also with my mother) was LOOM - if anyone else is old enough to remember that. It took us several hours to get out of the first room because we didn't know you could actually walk around. We thought the game was just this one screen and you had to do something with the notes you could play
    When someone asks, “What is best in life?” there’s only one answer: “To crush the newbs, see them driven before me, and read their lamentations on the forums” - Lylirra

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yavannie View Post
    On a slightly similar note, the very first game I played (also with my mother) was LOOM - if anyone else is old enough to remember that. It took us several hours to get out of the first room because we didn't know you could actually walk around. We thought the game was just this one screen and you had to do something with the notes you could play
    Wasn´t LOOM released in 1990 or something?? I can still remember that game but I have never played it tho.