Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

THQ up for sale; WH40K cancelled

THQ has killed off all games slated for 2014 release because THQ will be probably going up for sale, including the Warhammer 40K MMO.
    http://kotaku.com/5876253/thq-wipes-...e-says-insider

Deleted
    A 'rumour' by an 'Insider'. I'll wait for THQ's announcement first.

Yeah, too early to call without official confirmation...

But if what the article said about their stock prices is true, then I wouldn't expect any good news...
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

http://darisdroppings.wordpress.com

15+ Year Old Account
    Shame, was looking forward to trying out that Warhammer 40k MMO.

Hope some other publisher picks it up so Vigil Games can finish it
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

Wouldn't be surprised. I can't remember the last time they had a really big hit. They desperately needed Homefront to be huge and it bombed pretty hard : /

Deleted
    I am always surprised that THQ got this far, does anyone remember there SNES catalogues... probably something everyone wants to forget

If they ruin the warhammer 40k mmo there shall be hell to pay. But really insider leaking information, lets wait for them to say it themselves.

This makes me sad, as I've always been a huge THQ fan, just looking at the shelf in front of me has several THQ games.

I really do hope this isn't true, but alas, you never know.

Thanks to Elyaan for the great sig!

Really hope this isn't true, since many of my favourite games are THQ and IMO they have a huuuge collection of really good games. What a shame if they go under

Hmm THQ... I remember many many really shitty movie adaptions.
    Let's se if I can remember something positive... they published the Sonic Titles for the GBA and Lock's Quest for the NDS. Oh and Titan Quest which wasn't so bad either.
    Besides that... nope nothing I really liked honestly. Help me out?
    Edit: They published Darksiders too, didn't they?
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

10+ Year Old Account
    Awww, that kinda sucks. Hopefully it's just a rumor.

Would be quite ironic if Blizzard bought it, don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Awww, that kinda sucks. Hopefully it's just a rumor.

Would be quite ironic if Blizzard bought it, don't you think?
    Blizzard isn't in the habit of buying out publishers, it would be more of a move on Activisions part. And I don't think irony means what you think it means...

At least I'll get metro Last Light before they go. Hope the games that come out will be big enough hits to keep them in the business a little longer

10+ Year Old Account
    I love them, as much as they deserve to be closed down. Charging for skin packs on DoW2, making Saints Row: The Third look like Call of Duty, making exclusive playable characters to people who's willing to pay extra, Homefront... don't even want to talk about it.

As much as I hate and love THQ, it's both a NOOO! to WH40k online & a YES! for the absurd customer milking.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmaniac View Post
    At least I'll get metro Last Light before they go. Hope the games that come out will be big enough hits to keep them in the business a little longer
    I'm seriously gonna be sad and lock myself in my room for a year if Last Light is cancelled too, highly doubt it though.

Loved the first one, thinking about buying the book just to pass time until it releases.
    Last edited by inux94; 2012-01-16 at 02:30 AM.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised. I can't remember the last time they had a really big hit. They desperately needed Homefront to be huge and it bombed pretty hard : /
    It was a multi-million seller, actually, but they really bet the farm on it so the company lost a ton of value when it reviewed pretty poorly. They were gunning for MW/BF and it fell pretty far short of that.

Deleted
    http://kotaku.com/5876348/thq-says-i...ts-2014-lineup

They haven't cancelled anything.

WH40K wasn't going to be about WH40K anyway. The Codex astartes does not tell you to "kite the adds" or "hold back dps so tank can aggro".

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post

WH40K wasn't going to be about WH40K anyway. The Codex astartes does not tell you to "kite the adds" or "hold back dps so tank can aggro".
    The Codex Astartes also doesn't tell you how to deal with cocked dice or two thirds of a squad being knocked off a cliff when someone goes to grab a drink but that's still WH40k.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post

Codex is an error and clinging to it makes you a failure.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Codex is an error and clinging to it makes you a failure.
    Burn the heretic!

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Burn the heretic!
    Many neckbeards that play as space marines hate it as much as me.