Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Monk Armor Type.

Ok so since the beginning everyone has been somewhat complaining at times that Monks now have to share agil gear with rogues (all specs), druid (feral), and intel with Druids (feral). Now why didnt they just make them have a plate wearing agility gear? I know the problem with that is that now Monks (healer) and pally healers have to share gear.

Deleted
    Yes! Because there are only 2 classes using plate! Oh wait! Did you think before posting this rubbish? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    SAM or NIN wearing plate makes a little more sense than...MNK....

actually what about agi cloth?
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Giving Monks leather is smart tbh, it will finally allow for some leather tank gear since bear druids wont be the only leather armor type class that can tank.

-Jarce

Because there is already all the necessary loot in the game. If they had monks wear Agi plate, they would have to create new loot for all of the 1-90 content.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

It will most likely be Leather or mail. Not cloth or plate.

Monks start at level 1. Giving them AGI plate would mean 85 levels without proper equipment for them, because Blizz wouldn't backtrack and add proper items to the quest rewards.

Having another spec dipping into the caster leather pool is a good thing, if you ask me. We've been disenchanting the stuff for months in my raid.

People complain about drops being useless for their group, and sharing armour types fixes this. There's space for another leather spell class, so this is where the monks are going.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

Quote Originally Posted by flaggel View Post
    Ok so since the beginning everyone has been somewhat complaining at times that Monks now have to share agil gear with rogues (all specs), druid (feral), and intel with Druids (feral). Now why didnt they just make them have a plate wearing agility gear? I know the problem with that is that now Monks (healer) and pally healers have to share gear.
    Really ? Intel Feral ? Wooo.
    Monks chosen armour is perfect 3 sharing agi 2 sharing int. Why make them wear plate ? Or agi plate for that matter ? Imagine if there was a class that had their own SPECIFIC kind of gear :O Oh wait (Pally healer)
    Its annoying enough having pally healing gear drop with no pally in the raid. Lets not get that all over again ay ? It should either be leather or mail since adding the monk to those armour classes will make it 3 agi 2 int which is fine.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz did this because they don't want another holy Paladin. The only class that would use agi plate.

Plus you can't do fancy kung fu moves in plate armor.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by flaggel View Post
    and intel with Druids (feral).

Now why didnt they just make them have a plate wearing agility gear? I know the problem with that is that now Monks (healer) and pally healers have to share gear.
    Teehee, typo.

They explained that they did this since the stats were already there that they would just do this instead give them Leather armor since it worked fine with what they wanted, this prevents having to add another stat to a previous classes already stable armor type, such as making Agility cloth which would just be kind of annoying.

I am horrible at wording this of course and you might be better searching it for it if you have trouble understanding what I said, hope this helps a bit at least.

Ok I was thinking intel for feral I ment Resto. I was just putting an idea out there, as that I never noticed a class with plate specialization that gave agility. Thus 1 class for tank dps, and 2 for healing. The only stuff they would have to share with pallys is trinkets, necks, rings (which is for every healing class) and the non tier pieces. But the animations for the class would be difficult as a roadblock for that possible idea, since monks are more like martial arts masters not samurais.
    Last edited by flaggel; 2012-01-16 at 02:25 PM.

Deleted
    It is already stated on the website that they will wear cloth or/and Leather. It does not state which Stats it will be using most probably Agi or Str. Chances are that Spirit may have a big part to play but definitely not Intellect.

I'd take a guess that there will be a class bonus of +% extra damage for wearing all leather and as Chi is the power used I would expect them to be stacking something other than intellect to replenish this - it maybe just haste as there is no auto attack.

I'm hoping that the Monk actually stacks Str instead of agi to give a different dimension to the game rather than just playing a rogue with no auto attack. It maybe that Spirit is the main stat that would be new and exciting.

What I'd like to see, on this leather gear:
    Spirit = att Power/spell power
    Stam = HP

Then your other bonuses
    Crit/hit/exp/Mast = as normal
    Haste = Faster Chi regen

Deleted
    Its already Stated on the MOP website. They wear cloth/Leather
    No intellect as they use 'Chi' not mana. Does not state Str or Agi.

I'm hoping for:
    Spirit = Att/Spell Power < to hit using the awesome power of Chi I doubt you'll use stre or agi
    Stam = HP
    hit/crit/exp/mast = same as now
    Haste = faster 'Chi' regen

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual player 5000 View Post

I'm hoping for:
    Spirit = Att/Spell Power < to hit using the awesome power of Chi I doubt you'll use stre or agi
    Stam = HP
    Healing monks will use mana they said. So healing monks will want spirit like all healers.

Cloth: Mages, Warlocks, Priests.
    Leather: Rogues, Druids, Monks
    Mail: Shamans, Hunters
    Plate: Death Knights, Warriors, Paladins

GOD something strange is going on, balancing the armor out CRAZY TALK!
    WoW only has 10 million subscribers it must be dying! WoW sucks!
    I'm sorry no, clearly you didn't see Chuck Norris allowed 10 million to survive his Purge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by P4R45171K View Post
    Cloth: Mages, Warlocks, Priests.
    Leather: Rogues, Druids, Monks
    Mail: Shamans, Hunters
    Plate: Death Knights, Warriors, Paladins

GOD something strange is going on, balancing the armor out CRAZY TALK!
    Which means the next class will use mail.
    Go go demon hunter speculation.

Though I say it'll be sea witch, see signature for why.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Which means the next class will use mail.
    Go go demon hunter speculation.

Though I say it'll be sea witch, see signature for why.
    On paper it seems that way at least, we will see what will happen when it happens.
    WoW only has 10 million subscribers it must be dying! WoW sucks!
    I'm sorry no, clearly you didn't see Chuck Norris allowed 10 million to survive his Purge.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual player 5000 View Post

I'm hoping for:
    Stam = HP
    Pretty sure they said the Monk's resource would switch to Mana when in healer spec. Which means healer monks will be sharing loot with Resto/Balance Druids.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Deleted
    Oh noes poor leather wearers. I feel so bad for them.

Honestly it was the right move on blizzards part. They wanted to have monks on either cloth or leather. 4 classes on cloth (that is already the most contested stuff) would have been overkill.

Silly rogues and ferals should stop QQing and look how many times cloth dps has to run with multiple people on their stuff. Tons of loot go to waste all the damn time in 10mans as it is.

On a more serious note they should have dropped their armor class stuff a LONG time ago.
    The loot distribution is already skewed terribly since cloth dps pieces drop with the same chance as plate healing loot.