Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Whats the best race for a disc priest? (alliance)

so im stuck deciding what race i should pick for a pve disc priest using a shadow offspec (gonna do some pvp when im bored)

its 3% spirit (human) vs 5% inc manapool (gnome) or maybe i should pick a nightelf?

worgen draenei or dwarfs arent an option for me cuz the bonuses are pretty bad

gimme some opinions plz

I've been wondering this as well, and I think I've decided on Human being better. The 5% inc mana pool for Gnomes is only BASE mana pool if I remember right, so it's really underwhelming as a racial bonus. Plus the Human racial for PvP is pretty OP as well.

Deleted
    think about the racial insignie if u trie pvp then human

Deleted
    if the gnome mana bonus is rly only base mana then ye it sucks^^

nightelf or draenei aint a choice for min maxing i guess

Deleted
    Are you serious?

NIGHT ELF MALE ALL THE WAY BABY!!!! Your extra mana and spirit ain't got shit on my hot looks and awesome casting animations!

EDIT: The gnome racial is based off total mana pool, not base. Not that it matters though because your going to choose Night elf!
    Last edited by mmoc230b92349f; 2012-01-16 at 04:46 PM.

Deleted
    i liked my draenei

because then you have a xtra hot

atleast i liked it in LK ... now playing horde i dont know how much it heals now

The Gnome racial is actually as awesome as it looks - it is your proper mana pool, not just base, so it scales very well with, well, everything. Although keep in mind it's not 5% intellect.

Human is a very good choice as well imo, it gives a steady reliable boost to regen, where as the Gnome one is more reliant on procs, Rapture, fiend, etc, to do it's work.

really though, they're both great, and which one is better than the other is just nitpicking and hardly has any practical significance at all.
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like more than half of you more than you deserve.

After SF, rapture and replen the extra mp5 from gnome racial works out to about 300 spirit. It's the blood elf of alliance.

This figure based on a couple sims I ran way back, not number crunching logs. Gnome > Human from a purely PVE perspective.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I were forced to be an Alliance, then Gnome would be the way I would go.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Deleted
    hmm still a tough choice between gnome and human

10+ Year Old Account
    Human.

The free PvP trinket and free rep bonus and free Spirit can't be beat by other classes for PvP, and Gnomes are the next contender for PvE (unfortunately they increase mana pool and not Int).
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Human.

The free PvP trinket and free rep bonus and free Spirit can't be beat by other classes for PvP, and Gnomes are the next contender for PvE (unfortunately they increase mana pool and not Int).
    This pretty much sums it up. If you're making the character for pvp, pick human.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by elleanor View Post
    This pretty much sums it up. If you're making the character for pvp, pick human.
    well its mainly planed to do pve and some pvp when im bored but i think human is the way to go seeing the responses in the topic

Deleted
    Every man for himself alone makes human better than other alliance races - it's a huge save even in pve.

Deleted
    Gnome racial gives 5% MAX mana, not base mana, not intellect. If it were to give 5% base mana all of your spells would cost 5% more mana too. So that's 5% more mana back from shadowfiend, hymn of hope, rapture, replenishment... it adds up in a raid environment, but not really useful for PVP.

Has to be human for PVP, just for the extra trinket slot it allows you to have because you don't need an insignia.
    Last edited by mmocf9e71b41d0; 2012-01-16 at 10:31 PM.

Deleted
    Went with NE female, dno why, looked best i suppose...

The benefits of playing another race are too small for me to want to pay to look retarded for :P

Edit: If i had to change it'd be to gnome though, don't like humans casting animations :S
    Last edited by mmoc1b009d603f; 2012-01-16 at 09:43 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heap View Post
    Went with NE female, dno why, looked best i suppose...

The benefits of playing another race are too small for me to want to pay to look retarded for :P

Edit: If i had to change it'd be to gnome though, don't like humans casting animations :S
    I told you so!!! HA

Enjoy looking awesome!

Deleted
    Dunno NE female and Draenei female has the better casting animations.
    But im a gnome, i love my gnomes (mage alt) i started out as draenei due to the sexy looks and casting animations not to mention the 1% hit.
    Which is useless now with spirit to hit conversion, i love gnomes and as as it was possible to race change priests to gnomes i did.

With being a gnome u get free LoS issues and a bigger mount than the rest of the alliance.
    Also the racial gives me a bit more than 7k mana compared to being a NE, yea i thought about race change to NE recently when i ran Well of Eternity due to the gorgues looks in t13 and casting animation but something holded me back. It was a small gnome voice saying: Dont waste 20,- euro's on something u will regret.

Human for pvp.
    Spotify - Hardstyle | Hardcore