Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    You also have to bear in mind that Gnome gives no benefit to pve Shadow Priests, whereas a Draenei does.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Gnomes are cuter than draenei and therefore superior.
    The only problem is you can't see your gear on gnomes. I didn't want to bring aesthetics into it, as that is subject to opinion. Personally, I would find the high pitched voice of a gnome coupled with general smallness irritating. Admittedly, male Draenei are horrible, I strongly recommend rolling female Draenei.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bizdis View Post
    The worgen 1% crit is not consistent at all, and as such will never make a great difference, whereas a well timed GoTN on the tank might.
    Darkflight will be useful for mobility though.
    Yes, Darkflight alone makes Worgen the best PvE race for Alliance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    Yes, Darkflight alone makes Worgen the best PvE race for Alliance.
    Darkflight is useful for moving out of bad stuff, not mandatory, and the 1% crit is too inconsistent to matter. Whilst Worgen is the best race for pve shadow priests, it is not the best race for pve healing priests.

Deleted
    Darkflight is useful for moving out of bad stuff, not mandatory, and the 1% crit is too inconsistent to matter. Whilst Worgen is the best race for pve shadow priests, it is not the best race for pve healing priests.
    Darkflight is very useful during progression. People not moving out of bad stuff is usually what causes most wipes from my own experience. People dying because you didn't have a spell like Gift of the Naaru barely happens.

Deleted
    Darkflight is very useful during progression. People not moving out of bad stuff is usually what causes most wipes from my own experience. People dying because you didn't have a spell like Gift of the Naaru barely happens.
    The fact that they didn't move out of the fire shows that they are unaware of being in the fire, a 40% movement speed would not have helped.

I usually choose the race that I find the most aesthetically pleasing. Min/maxing is just nonsense, as it hinders your customization/enjoyment of your character. I'll probably get the standard response about how racials make a HUGE difference. They may save your ass on occasion, but a Worgen Priest can be just as good as a Human priest, and so on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caninese View Post
    I usually choose the race that I find the most aesthetically pleasing. Min/maxing is just nonsense, as it hinders your customization/enjoyment of your character. I'll probably get the standard response about how racials make a HUGE difference. They may save your ass on occasion, but a Worgen Priest can be just as good as a Human priest, and so on.
    Well yes, but a Draenei priest has both good racials and good looks, so it would seem to be an obvious choice.

Deleted
    The fact that they didn't move out of the fire shows that they are unaware of being in the fire, a 40% movement speed would not have helped.
    Maybe I worded it badly, but I meant that Darkflight makes up for slow reactions and that can be applied to more mechanics than fire.

Deleted
    Maybe I worded it badly, but I meant that Darkflight makes up for slow reactions and that can be applied to more mechanics than fire.
    Whilst I do not deny that Darkflight is helpful, it is on a 2 minute cooldown. That means that unless the mechanic only happens every 2 minutes, it can't be relied on to avoid every one of that particular type of mechanic. Whilst I do understand what you are getting at, I believe that it is possible to avoid all the correct mechanics without needing an extra sprint.

EDIT: Anyway, we can agree on the fact that the Gnome +5% mana and the Human +3% spirit are overrated, and that is really what matters.
    Last edited by mmoc772d9b4259; 2012-01-29 at 06:55 PM.

Human or Gnome I'd say.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dchavez View Post
    Human or Gnome I'd say.
    Whilst mana regen looks good on paper, it isn't necessarily the optimal choice. Considering this is the end of an expansion, and mana regeneration is of little to no concern, throughput racials are definitely better.

Deleted
    People should pick a race on looks, most racials are just a minor bonus.

Im Gnome because i like gnomes, not due to the mana. Sure as disc it helps having it and the PvP racial helps on some occasions.
    (hagara for example in pve and pvp it helps as well) Therefor the gnomes racials aint only good cuz of the mana but the pvp racial it has will help as well.

While every man for himself does work on more effects (stuns), but its still only usefull on hagara hm perhaps gunship but none should be caught by shockwave.

Just to put that out there as everyone seems to only look at the +int.