Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Lol Okay, I don't feel so bad about it now then
    That's the problem with the gwwiki...it's got loads of good info about the missions etc, but neglects to tell you some of the more basic things xD I was looking at that thing for ages shouting at it to tell me what to do lol
    lol i didn't know about the wiki until a month in, and didn't start using it until the second month xD
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    lol i didn't know about the wiki until a month in, and didn't start using it until the second month xD
    Saw people talking about the site on here Tbh, most of what I know about the game has come from old discussion in the One Thread and newer posts lol.

I personally I don't like GW1 at all. I hate the gameplay :/ Igot some pretty bad connection issues, too.

GW2 looks more promising, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still playing GW1 despite having 30/50 HoM. Most often I'll just run around and kill things on my warrior. For being pretty outdated, GW1 is quite beautiful in my eyes. Also, anyone saying the game's community is dead, I disagree. I joined a guild on day two of playing, and it's massive. The people are always nice and helpful, and we do hard mode missions together a lot. Even if we've already done them before.

People just like getting hung up on short loading screens and the fact that it's not a "true MMO". No duh, it's a CO-RPG.
    It's worth the 50 bucks IMO, and has given me hours of fun, even if the graphics and mechanics are odd to most people who're used to the WoW model.

Well...about the graphics...water and sunbeams look much better in GW1 than they do even in wow today imo. It's not all that bad.
    Weird though about your connection...mine runs ok from Beijing...better than wow does.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
    I'm still playing GW1 despite having 30/50 HoM.
    Not tempted to get Champion of the Gods? Think that's the last title?

God Walking Among Mere Morals.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    God Walking Among Mere Morals.
    Ahh well...I was just going off of HoM reward caculator...calls it Champion of the Gods there.
    It's just some vague and very far off dream for me right now though

Ahh well...I was just going off of HoM reward caculator...calls it Champion of the Gods there.
    It's just some vague and very far off dream for me right now though
    You aren't wrong though, God Walking Among Mere Mortals is a special GW1 title for those who've completed 40 titles to the max. If you are going for this and you're new to the game, you'll find yourself being dedicated to this game for the next 1-2 years before you got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    You aren't wrong though, God Walking Among Mere Mortals is a special GW1 title for those who've completed 40 titles to the max. If you are going for this and you're new to the game, you'll find yourself being dedicated to this game for the next 1-2 years before you got it.
    yh
    I know I missed the boat basically...I'm gonna try to do 30/50 before GW2...as much as I would love to get the titles, I think that's an impossibility...
    ...and tbh I kinda hope I can't get them. Feels unfair for those ppl who actually slaved away for years getting them.

yh
    I know I missed the boat basically...I'm gonna try to do 30/50 before GW2...as much as I would love to get the titles, I think that's an impossibility...
    ...and tbh I kinda hope I can't get them. Feels unfair for those ppl who actually slaved away for years getting them.
    One of the latest updates really gave people opportunity's, which is the max your party with heroes update. You can get normal bonusses easily and hardmodes are doable now (atleast they are were doable but you don't need a real specific set-up now) and honestly it's quite okay, they didn't make stuff easier, they just gave people more tools to work with, 30/50 should be easy to get in a year if people play it regularly. I'm at 40/50 myself now and I hardly bother playing these days since I've slaved over 7500 hours on my main account.

One of the latest updates really gave people opportunity's, which is the max your party with heroes update. You can get normal bonusses easily and hardmodes are doable now (atleast they are were doable but you don't need a real specific set-up now) and honestly it's quite okay, they didn't make stuff easier, they just gave people more tools to work with, 30/50 should be easy to get in a year if people play it regularly. I'm at 40/50 myself now and I hardly bother playing these days since I've slaved over 7500 hours on my main account.
    That's a lot of hours I'm def around that or over on my wow account lol...
    Well, I'm playing it where I can I seem to be switching between this forum and GW during the evenings lol.
    I read about the heroes thing. I wanted to do prophecies first to see the searing etc, then I'll go to EoTN and get me some heroes. (I read that there aren't heroes in prophecies...only henchmen). I've basically stopped playing anything else atm...so I hope I can get some nice stuff done

That's a lot of hours I'm def around that or over on my wow account lol...
    Well, I'm playing it where I can I seem to be switching between this forum and GW during the evenings lol.
    I read about the heroes thing. I wanted to do prophecies first to see the searing etc, then I'll go to EoTN and get me some heroes. (I read that there aren't heroes in prophecies...only henchmen). I've basically stopped playing anything else atm...so I hope I can get some nice stuff done
    You can send me a message if you need some help, I'd be glad to help since there are probably some things I need to do myself as well, you can private message me or whatever, however you're it's half past 7 at your place atm, so I don't think we can be online at the same though

You can send me a message if you need some help, I'd be glad to help since there are probably some things I need to do myself as well, you can private message me or whatever, however you're it's half past 7 at your place atm, so I don't think we can be online at the same though
    Thanks Yh, the time difference does make it a bit of a nightmare :S
    Which is one of the things I'm happy about with GW2: no more raids at inconvenient times lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Not tempted to get Champion of the Gods? Think that's the last title?
    Nah, I'm perfectly content with all my cosmetics. If I somehow run across the rest of the HoM titles, then yeah, that's cool. Otherwise, the rest of the titles don't really fit a Charr Warrior. I'm not an altoholic either, so it's all good.

yh
    http://dragonseason.com/Home/tabid/5...Monuments.aspx

Propably the best guide to 30/50 I've ever seen.

As others have said the gamplay is a bit dated and you will be doing the majority of content alone until you reach the higher level stuff, that being said the fights are challenging and fun, especially if you can find a group to play with. And if you enjoy lore GW1 especially prophecies has a great engaging story.

Nightfall and EoTN have a good story too. Although GWEN is over too quickly :/

Nightfall and EoTN have a good story too. Although GWEN is over too quickly :/
    I agree if I were to put them in order for story purposes:
    Prophecies>>>Nightfall>EotN>>>>>>>>>>>Factions.
    I might be a bit biased though as Proph has that nostalgia factor and Factions was just my least favorite by far.

Factions was great till you got to the whole Luxon/Kurzicks section where you gotta PVP. Did not enjoy that at all...

Factions was great till you got to the whole Luxon/Kurzicks section where you gotta PVP. Did not enjoy that at all...
    I really didn't mind PvP the story wasn't as good as the other campaigns is all and it was extremely short, I think I beat it in about a 14 hour sitting on a fresh ranger and that was when I was still newb to GW.