Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Factions was great till you got to the whole Luxon/Kurzicks section where you gotta PVP. Did not enjoy that at all...
    Haha you really HATE PvP don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider View Post
    Haha you really HATE PvP don't you?
    I enjoy PVP games. I don't PVP in MMOs/MOGs.

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzinblack View Post
    I wouldn't bother. GW1 is really outdated now and the gameplay is pretty shocking. You'll most likely be disappointed, I'd say just wait until GW2 is released.
    I disagree with everything you said. My friends all just quit WoW (I quit ~8 months ago) and just picked up the 4 pack of GW from Gamestop. They're loving it. It is outdated, but so is WoW or any other MMO That hasn't just been released in the last couple months. Still has tons of people on it every day and especially if you play with friends it's a blast.

It's outdated, yes. But really the game works after all these years and that's what counts. If you're interested in earning GW2 rewards via the Hall of Monuments or just for the lore behind it all, I'd definitely say go spend the $40 and go pick it up and have some fun.

---------- Post added 2012-01-18 at 12:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Agroculture View Post
    For the price you can get it for now it's worth it,if only for the story and the Hall of Monuments rewards for GW2.
    What he said. Also it helps if you can get some friends to get it with you, makes it a lot more fun =]

You don't even enjoy the casual pvp in GW like JQ and FA, Fencers?

I'm not a big GW pvp fan but I enjoyed those two arenas, especially on bonus weekend.

I didn't like GW1 when it came out, but waiting on GW2.

This is from my experience, which is before any expansions, so maybe very outdated:
    1 - no 'world'. Everything is instanced, and small. Loading screen between everything, nothing like looking out of stormwind to what's going on outside, there's a door, and when you take it, you get a loading screen.
    2 - terrible movement. you click on something, you character starts running around in the most awkward way to get there
    3 - can't jump on anything. see that rock over there? there's no 'jump', so you can run all around it, but you'll never get on top of it.

I got GW1 before WoW, and gave up on it. I wanted to get EQ2, but my pc wouldn't run it, so I ended up buying wow.

Quote Originally Posted by anywherenotes View Post
    -snip-
    I was on the same page as you. I got GW on release day and then WoW a few months later. I quit GW for a long time thinking WoW was "superior". How wrong I was. I've since quit WoW but really what does jumping add to the game? You can customize your controls and interface as well. Click to move? I took that crap off years ago. I have my WoW layout (as far as keybinds go) for GW and I really could care less that there's no jump. The game looks and plays amazing as far as I'm concerned.

Again I can't stress enough how wrong the "No jumping? SHIT GAME" argument is... All you ever see people doing in WoW is running around you in pvp jumping and annoying the piss out of you or jumping around a main city. Adds literally nothing to gameplay having it or not.

Another note, You ever play a game called Metal Gear Solid? How about The Legend of Zelda? Gears of War, maybe? None of them had a "click space to jump" either. Were they garbage?

Quote Originally Posted by Mkalafut View Post
    ???
    I did not call G2 garbage, or s-game.
    I listed things I don't like.

I haven't played the games you listed, but i played ultima online, which seemed better in terms of being able to naturally walk around [granted that was eons ago, maybe I'm not remembering it right], instead of having a small rock be a road-block. The click-to-jump is absolutely not a required feature in my opinion. But being able to climb on any rock makes the game movement fluid.

I don't think you addressed the 'world' aspect, and last I heard, it had load screens on a lot of things as well. Granted wow is full of load-screens if all you do is lfg/lfr/pvp, but skinning/herbing/archeology let you experience the open world of wow.

Anyway, I wouldn't recommend G1 for those 3 reasons listed in my prior post.
    And I hope not to get attacked for listing the things I don't like about the game.

Maybe I should have listed what I liked about game?
    1 - it looked nice
    2 - hedge men - you can hire them to go with you for a small quest, instead of having to find people to group with
    3 - i think it lets you customize armor more than wow, though I have never spent any money on customization, but i know there were inks for dying armor different colors (this is probably still better than wow's trans-morph feature)

Quote Originally Posted by anywherenotes View Post
    snip
    Should've made myself more clear. The first paragraph I typed was for you. Again I agreed with you for a time, but the remainder of my first paragraph was to just say how I went about the problems you stated. The rest was for the other people posting around the GW2 forums with similar issues =]

As far as the other issues with your GW1 experiences I simply earlier stated why I feel that the game is definitely worth a buy. My own opinion. I play it with several friends and really the load screens don't take anything away from it. All it means that the world is instanced is just that we don't have to see every John Dick and Harry out in the world.

But yes, GW1 is still instanced - GW2 will not be.
    Last edited by Mkalafut; 2012-01-18 at 12:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    You don't even enjoy the casual pvp in GW like JQ and FA, Fencers?
    Nah. I did FA for rep in Factions. I just ran to the gates and stood behind the minions with the battering ram. It was hellish. Took weeks for me to get that rep but I blew through most of all the GW1 expansions like in a month. 50/50 HOM on 3 toons. The game was exceedingly easy for me... except the PVP sections sapped my will to live in Factions.

Kill me now if GW2 has mandatory PVP rep...

Nah. I did FA for rep in Factions. I just ran to the gates and stood behind the minions with the battering ram. It was hellish. Took weeks for me to get that rep but I blew through most of all the GW1 expansions like in a month. 50/50 HOM on 3 toons. The game was exceedingly easy for me... except the PVP sections sapped my will to live in Factions.

Kill me now if GW2 has mandatory PVP rep...
    Do you mean 3 accounts? Or you got your 50/50 using 3 characters?

Quote Originally Posted by Mkalafut View Post
    Do you mean 3 accounts? Or you got your 50/50 using 3 characters?
    I assume 3 characters. 3 accounts with 50/50 is... obsessive to say the least.

By PvP, does that mean "Player vs. NPCs" or actual PvP? 'cause I haven't tried proper PvP in Guild Wars and I'm positive I'd get my arse kicked.

Edit: Also, 50/50 on 3 characters, whoa! Nice! I'm still unsure if I can get above the usual 30 myself. I've barely started on the HoM, trying to get my Ranger to 20 first.

I know one guy who has 50/50 on 2 accounts. He's been playing since release day by myself but when that came out he was like 54 years old or something and retired. Not even kidding I've been on vent with the guy he's legit like 60 something years old now. But yeah.. insane amounts of time are required for that. Heck I'm at only 41/50

---------- Post added 2012-01-18 at 01:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    By PvP, does that mean "Player vs. NPCs" or actual PvP? 'cause I haven't tried proper PvP in Guild Wars and I'm positive I'd get my arse kicked.

Edit: Also, 50/50 on 3 characters, whoa! Nice! I'm still unsure if I can get above the usual 30 myself. I've barely started on the HoM, trying to get my Ranger to 20 first.
    Random Arena = player vs player. No NPCs.
    Heroes Ascent, kinda a mix of PVP and PVE scenarios until the last match at the end
    Jade Quarry is whoever has the most necro bombers or RoJ monks wins,
    Fort Aspenwood is just... yeah, hellish. lol

Also if you ever need help or wanna grind out some vanquishes or elite capping let me know. I'm 9 points shy of my 50/50 and a few titles away from GWAMM and I'd be glad to help out and play with new people. Just send me a PM on here if you want my in game name =]
    Last edited by Mkalafut; 2012-01-18 at 01:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still play it from time to time. Had to remember the freaking name of my toon to log in and it was quite painfull as when i made my toon is was 7 years younger.

While they havn't made it easy to explore, compared to Rift or WoW, they have some really high quality point of views in the game that makes you look at your screen saying : ''Holy cow this is very nicelooking, and i don't have to reach that point at all, just standing there is awesome''.

I lost the account info between Factions and Nightfall and Night and GWEN. I lose a lot of discs/account info... I might have bought Diablo 2 like 5 times. Not sure. Stop judging.. my terribleness.

I lost the account info between Factions and Nightfall and Night and GWEN. I lose a lot of discs/account info... I might have bought Diablo 2 like 5 times. Not sure. Stop judging.. my terribleness.
    So you got 50/50 with accounts that you lost? XD I'm having trouble understanding.

Yes...

http://hom.guildwars2.com/en/#page=m...AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

^ There you go.

I had to restart twice on my own and then I did it for my sister who quit the game years ago but wanted the HOM for GW2.

Edit: And yes, I did recover the original accounts so I basically have 3 1/2 GW accounts. The games are like $20 now. So yea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes...

^ There you go.

I had to restart twice on my own and then I did it for my sister who quit the game years ago but wanted the HOM for GW2.

Edit: And yes, I did recover the original accounts so I basically have 3 1/2 GW accounts. The games are like $20 now. So yea.
    Now do mine

I accept the usual payment of peanut butter cookies with the fudge stripes. Send me a PM, Mif. We can work out a deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mah cookies? No deal!

nom nom nom