Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ILEM View Post
    Offtopic but does anyone know how to move unit frames in Rift? I just started playing and I just can't seem to figure it out!

UI is totally customizable hit "ESC" then "Edit Layout".

Scaling and every possible UI function can move to anywhere to your liking.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    No, once you have the standard game, every Update and Patch from 1.1 up to the upcoming 1.7 is totally free and all included in your sub

The option you have is to upgrade your standard game to a sort of Deluxe Collectors Edition with a choice of free mounts, 24-slot bag, personal portable Bank, etc....check out this link, but again it's optional you don't need it to play

https://eu.riftgame.com/en/products/upgrade.php

If you choose to upgrade, the items are in your mailbox in literally minutes
    Oh thanks for this! So just to be completely clear, you have access to the patch/update but if you want the little perks you pay the small fee? But it has no affect on gameplay?

What is a good high pop shard to go to that will result in lots of world PvP?

That's exactly right Burton. Ashes is just a digital collector's themed goodies upgrade. All changes to the content per patch is free. Think of it like Warcraft; buy the box, play the game, all patches are free. If you want you can spend money for mounts, but the patches never cost a dime.

The only difference is Trion releases major patches within 7 weeks of the preceding one.

I'd say the other difference is the cost of these little perks and the amount of things you get in them, I think you get much more in Trions little perk patches for the price of say a mount in other large well known mmos.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    UI is totally customizable hit "ESC" then "Edit Layout".

Scaling and every possible UI function can move to anywhere to your liking.
    Thanks! I'm pleasantly surprised by the amount of customisation offered by Rift's default UI, as well as its ease of access

Regarding professions, are there 'mandatory' raiding/pvp professions that you have to pick to maximize your stats like in WoW? Or am I free to pick any combination of professions without losing out on stats?

Thanks! I'm pleasantly surprised by the amount of customisation offered by Rift's default UI, as well as its ease of access

Regarding professions, are there 'mandatory' raiding/pvp professions that you have to pick to maximize your stats like in WoW? Or am I free to pick any combination of professions without losing out on stats?
    As always some specs perform better than others. For dungeons and T1 raids it's not likely to matter too much. For the bleeding edge players who run Master Mode dungeons and T2 raids, you're going to want one of the more optimal specs.

I don't see anything in this list that makes me think I should try it again. It was (IMO) a terrible game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    As always some specs perform better than others. For dungeons and T1 raids it's not likely to matter too much. For the bleeding edge players who run Master Mode dungeons and T2 raids, you're going to want one of the more optimal specs.

Thanks but I'm wondering about professions, not specs

Thanks but I'm wondering about professions, not specs
    Professions offer no benefits like WoWs, so choose what interests you

Hey guys, I unsubbed due to IRL around 1.6 (the patch just days before Pyromancers got 1 second gcds and buffs?).

Can anyone update me on the state of the game since then? Especially pvp balance. Thanks!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Booniehat View Post
    Hey guys, I unsubbed due to IRL around 1.6 (the patch just days before Pyromancers got 1 second gcds and buffs?).

Can anyone update me on the state of the game since then? Especially pvp balance. Thanks!
    I'm not entirely sure about pvp balance tbh but if you check some of the posts here about 1.7 then you can see it's definitely something that they're working on

Deleted
    Stupid tirion, now i want to play the game but they won't send me an email to let me reset my acount password because i forgot it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Waff View Post
    Stupid tirion, now i want to play the game but they won't send me an email to let me reset my acount password because i forgot it.
    Use one of the freephone numbers to call their customer services, they're pretty amazing and pretty damn quick

Yeah, logged on again for the first time in a while, I seriously can't see why it's so unpopular, it's definitely very good. I think people have just become somewhat spoiled due to WoW being out for so long and adding so much content in that timespan. Although Trion are a lot better at updates right now.

One good reason I can think of, as to why people don't play Rift, is that it's really tough starting all over again in a new MMO, when you're already well established in another.

Then again, it didn't seem to be a problem with SW:TOR, even with it's trillion bugs and issues.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atreyu82 View Post
    Use one of the freephone numbers to call their customer services, they're pretty amazing and pretty damn quick
    Nah, i'll be fine, gotta download the game anyways.

Thanks for making the thread, OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    The main reason I didnt like Rift was because I never really got into the commuinty. Anyone here playing on EU shards? I wouldnt mind trying it again. Got a 50 cleric at Whitefall, but never liked the shard. And never really cared much for the cleric class..

Does the game support crossfire and sli? got two 6950s, and I only played the game on a shitty laptop back at release. Looked horrible.
    Last edited by Asrialol; 2012-01-22 at 12:48 AM.
    Hi

I've always liked Rift, but just stopped playing cause all of my friends left it.

I might come back for a little bit when I burn out on SWTOR.