Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Soloing Malygos.

Hello!

I'll get straight to the point; soloing Malygos as elemental. I've seen videos of it done by Enh shamans but can't seem to find one for elemental. If anyone can find one for me that would be great.

If that isn't possible does anyone have any tips if they have done it, what is the minimum gear i should attempt it in etc.

Thanks in advance.
    Shadows are cruel.

Deleted
    Doubt it's possible as elemental - enhancement is just way better for soloing stuff due to their instant selfheals and not being interrupted on their casts all the time.

You never know til you try. Though on that note, I tried: 8 attempts, best was about 65% (~2/3rds of the way through p1). I dunno, I could see it being possible eventually, or if I just try it enough it'll work out; I'm not thinking p2 will be as hard as p1, and p3 is of course a joke if you have enough time.
    Will probably give it a few more shots tomorrow or something. Ilvl 385, but resto geared (that mana tide bonus helps elemental a TON, as does being like 11% over hit cap).

I was using the DS OH instead of a shield.
    Omg
    /sigh, trying again tomorrow .
    e: again, nor was I spec'd into Spark of Life. This should be doable .
    Last edited by Braindwen; 2012-01-17 at 08:21 AM.

It's possible, just try to endure the first vortex going defensive, drop the 2 sparks down stacked, follow up with Earth Elemental pop CDs and push your way towards Phase 2. And you're as good as down unless you have downs and don't know how to press 1-1-2-3...

I suppose you're soloing for Barrier of Eternity eh? 5 weeks of Black Temple and EoE, I've yet to obtain a nifty looking big ass shield.... Though I'm happy I'm done farming H Violet Hold for The Key off Lavanthor.

Sounds like something fun to try, along with 3D OS 10. I've been looking for something to keep me busy until 5.0

I would think that a 32/2/7 build might work out well for soloing, because of the damage reduction and healing talents you can take? Could also drop 1 pt in EW instead of EQ since it wouldn't be needed.
    Last edited by psycho42; 2012-01-17 at 01:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SnorlaxJeng View Post
    It's possible, just try to endure the first vortex going defensive, drop the 2 sparks down stacked, follow up with Earth Elemental pop CDs and push your way towards Phase 2. And you're as good as down unless you have downs and don't know how to press 1-1-2-3...

I suppose you're soloing for Barrier of Eternity eh? 5 weeks of Black Temple and EoE, I've yet to obtain a nifty looking big ass shield.... Though I'm happy I'm done farming H Violet Hold for The Key off Lavanthor.
    Mainly doing it for the Azure drake (farming it on my hunter aswell), the shield is just a bonus.
    Shadows are cruel.

Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Mainly doing it for the Azure drake (farming it on my hunter aswell), the shield is just a bonus.
    Thought they changed it back so Azure only drops from 25 man?

Quote Originally Posted by Rafal View Post
    They did. The Blue drake drops in 10m now.

I was also like %95 sure that they did this once Oculus was no longer max lvl content.

Nope, they SAID they were gonna, but never have.

---------- Post added 2012-01-17 at 12:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BDF View Post
    I was also like %95 sure that they did this once Oculus was no longer max lvl content.
    The Blue Drake got shoved onto 10M Malygos I believe (not 100% on this), but the Azure was never removed. Plus the Blue Drake is also in the bags for Call to Arms.

Yea there's still a chance for the 25 man drake to drop in 10 man. Somebody actually posted last week about having both drakes drop at the same time. I'll find the post.

Here it is. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ounts+dropping
    Last edited by Sanctioned; 2012-01-17 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Added link.

Got my Azure drake in 10 man before 4.3.

First kill on that char (: (was my main this expansion)

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ment#168:14922 (proof not having 25 man kill)
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...d/Relive/mount (proof of having the mount)
    Last edited by Relive; 2012-01-17 at 06:10 PM.

hrmm, odd whenever i am in that instance and mount a vehicle, be it disc or dragon i disconnect.... otherwise i have a feeling i would be posting a video~

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    Nope, they SAID they were gonna, but never have.

---------- Post added 2012-01-17 at 12:57 PM ----------

The Blue Drake got shoved onto 10M Malygos I believe (not 100% on this), but the Azure was never removed. Plus the Blue Drake is also in the bags for Call to Arms.
    When they added the Blue Drake to the bonus Oculus bag, the Azure Drake was added to the 10 man loot table in lieu of the Blue. Once Cataclysm was released they took away the bag from Oculus, and with the combining of 10/25 lockouts, they added both drakes to both loot tables. You can run either difficulty and get either drake, and perhaps both if some 'supreme being' likes you that day.

Edit: The Azure is also in the Call to Arms bag. All drop rate based mounts are.

Done! took 3 attempts after figuring out why i was disconnecting earlier on, i have a shitty low res video if anyone wants.....

BTW in-game movie recorder for macs has the worse possible resolution output even set to max.... and apparently it won't record more than like 2 minutes straight so it didn't save the first like 2 minutes of fight.
    Last edited by hopethisnameisnottaken; 2012-01-18 at 03:30 AM. Reason: additional info

Yup, one-shot it after fixing all those screw ups.
    And the shield dropped, woot!(hope I can replace this ledger sometime so I can use it without downgrading )
    No mount though, oh well.

I doubt OS 3D is doable even with Enhancement Shaman. The debuff is way too much a world of pain. Gratz on the shield, if you're looking for a nifty offhand go for Desertwalker Cane. It's from a rare spawn mob in Zul'farrak. The model uses a 3 joint tied walking stick which is placed at the back of your character like a staff. So far the best offhand you can get. Back in the olden days there used to be a green off-hand BoE offhand which looks like a Warden staff. It is no longer obtainable now, however there is a chance it might drop of as a green item in AQ20/40 so keep your eyes peeled.

/2 LFM malygos 10. shield reserved. problem solved
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Just did full clear of TK as elemental/enh.... obviously had to go enhance for lootreaver..... other than that... kiting the adds then popping elementals for the weapon phase made KT himselft a joke for elemental.... Gonna try to do solo of os103d now.

Quote Originally Posted by hopethisnameisnottaken View Post
    Just did full clear of TK as elemental/enh.... obviously had to go enhance for lootreaver..... other than that... kiting the adds then popping elementals for the weapon phase made KT himselft a joke for elemental.... Gonna try to do solo of os103d now.
    Would love it if you would be willing to video it and make a tutorial for the rest of us........oh and heres a vid of an ele soloing him......