Poll: Which game mode will you play?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Woebegone View Post
    I have no idea how much they've changed since D2 days, but if my memory serves me right, in D2 you were nowhere near the level cap even after a full playthrough on all difficulty levels. You'd be around lvl90 and then looking at nine levels of AoE grinding mobs on the hardest mode. And every death meant -10% experience that sets you back several hours, maybe days. I don't know how that was even doable on hardcore.

Anyways the level cap always seemed like a fairly artificial goal. Didn't really give you anything content-wise.
    The level cap is 60 now, and they plan on it being easy to obtain from beating the game.

And in D2, a full play through of hell got you maybe 10% of a level if you were level 80. I've seen the math done before, but 85-99 is thousands and thousands of baal runs. They happily changed this in d3.

I'd play hardcore from the get go if it was possible.

Softcore primarily. But I shared the idea with my brother to eventually play hardcore characters as a duo only i.e never play either of them solo. We've attempted this before in WoW, only to stop due to burn out and time. But we're doing it now in TOR and it's very fun.

We haven't talked about it but if it should happen that one of us dies and the other doesn't, the other will possibly transfer the moneys to a new HC toon, the original goes suicide and we start over..new characters maybe? Meh who knows. It should be fun though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll probably play mostly Softcore, as I'm a massive whimp :P but I'll more than likely piss about in Hardcore, once I've played Softcore a load, and found a good build that gives me EPIC survivability, I'll play through again on hardcore .
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Softcore all the way. I just want to have fun/make a character I can be proud of in the end. I'd probly drop the game and never play it again if I spent days in-game on one character just to lose him forever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageissues View Post
    I'd probly drop the game and never play it again if I spent days in-game on one character just to lose him forever.
    That would suck tremendously, especially if it was due to something completely out of your hands. Such as server side lag or a power cut.

To prevent this, there should be an option to allow a Hardcore character to be played offline permanently (with no going 'back' online) but with save games stored on the Battle.net servers like Steam Cloud Sync. So you'd still need an internet connection for logging in/exiting the game but not the actual gameplay itself.
    Last edited by mmocbc41d71a49; 2012-01-30 at 11:44 AM.

Deleted
    Softcore, because I couldn't enjoy the game if I would always be in danger of losing my char/progression.

Besides, I will of course still try not to die with any character, even if the ramifications won't be as severe as on hardcore.

But there is a difference between "don't want to die" and "mustn't die".

Since when was "regular/normal" called "softcore?"

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never played a Diablo game, so i will obviously go softcore to start with, then I'll see what the game has to offer from a softcore/hardcore perspective.

depends on what my friends wants to try first... but most likely softcore first, then hardcore for funzies

Quote Originally Posted by Jasyn View Post
    Since when was "regular/normal" called "softcore?"
    Since about ten years ago when the idea for hardcore was adopted by a huge part of the community. We hardcore players need a ward for normal that isn't normal, because normal means hardcore for us. Softcore works, because it's exactly like hardcore, except softer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I'll power through soft mode then go through on hardcore and stay that way.

Was so hoping and thinking this was about something completely different...

Will have one HC character probably like in D2 and then multiple SC pvp characters, unless i can use my HC in arena without losing it

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Since about ten years ago when the idea for hardcore was adopted by a huge part of the community. We hardcore players need a ward for normal that isn't normal, because normal means hardcore for us. Softcore works, because it's exactly like hardcore, except softer.
    Like squishy soft. It's basically a term to show our (HC) affection towards people that play normal. It's basically saying that you guys are "special" and we are special.

My interaction in so many years with SC players has been "no, man, come try a HC character I know you can do it." /10 minutes later he dies at level 5 fighting Rakanishu and ragequits. Laugh hysterically.

It was fun to have an Enchanter Sorc and that bow you could use at low levels, but can't remember it's name.
    l'alurl gol zhah elghinyrr gol.

Really thought this thread was about something else, good day.

Deleted
    I'll play mostly SC, but sure I'll do HC for the achievements.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Ravenclaw.
    You monster.