Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Arenas make me laugh

Over 100 games in, 70% WL Ratio, and only 2100.

Remember when 2.2k was an entry rating? So if they make it this ballbusting to get a noob rating like 2.2k, whats 2700 gonna be like for a good but not top player?

Such a joke, I'm about to quit.
    Last edited by Salandrin; 2012-01-17 at 03:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    How intelligent of you to quite simply define a certain arena rating for those with Downs Syndrome. Guess you're one of those kids who thinks "haha look at their faces" and doesn't realise how serious it is.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    How intelligent of you to quite simply define a certain arena rating for those with Downs Syndrome. Guess you're one of those kids who thinks "haha look at their faces" and doesn't realise how serious it is.
    Idk if you're a 1500 player but let me tell you this. Season 8-10, 2.2k was simply put: an entry rating. I am a 2500 dk, and obviously just consistently hit that rating whenever I feel like. However when they completely botch the system for no reason, and suddenly make a rating that is incredibly easy into some kind of hellish grind like this, it's not fun OR worth investing into when RBGs do not suffer from this problem.

Deleted
    Salandrin, please, tell us your combo.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Salandrin, please, tell us your combo.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%acson/simple here's my toon and current 3s

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care about pvp or arena, hence I don't do it. I don't care what your ranking is and I don't care if they botch the system, my problem is people who decide that because they don't like something, to use "Downs Syndrome" as a descriptive term is offensive and ridiculous.
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    You need a better win/loss

I don't care about pvp or arena, hence I don't do it. I don't care what your ranking is and I don't care if they botch the system, my problem is people who decide that because they don't like something, to use "Downs Syndrome" as a descriptive term is offensive and ridiculous.
    It's not offensive. It's a fact of life that 2.2k is a DS rating. Everyone that's at least 2400 knows. So sorry.

Idd, tis a bit offensive.

Just generalise it more. Retard might not be so much better, but at least its not sooo zoomed in on 1 illness.

Also, arena rating means shit since every glad just mmr bugged there.
    Cho’Gall: Cairne Bloodhoof is dead? Did we kill him?
    Deathwing: No. The Grimtotems weakened him with poison, and then Garrosh accidentally hacked him to death with an axe during a heated political discussion.
    Cho’Gall: How do you accidentally kill someone with an axe?

Rating # is pointless. The thing that counts for end season titles is the ranking #.

If you have 1200 and still you are the #1 in the battlegroup, you'll get your gladiator. The rating is just a number used to match teams, nothing more.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    Idk if you're a 1500 player but let me tell you this. Season 8-10, 2.2k was simply put: an entry rating. I am a 2500 dk, and obviously just consistently hit that rating whenever I feel like. However when they completely botch the system for no reason, and suddenly make a rating that is incredibly easy into some kind of hellish grind like this, it's not fun OR worth investing into when RBGs do not suffer from this problem.
    You are obviusly awesome at arena when you cant even realize that the reason 2.2k was entry level in previous seasons were due to a but that let people that are absolotely horrible at arena got high rating, then when the good people started facing those it was a free win that inflated the rating system imensly. They fixed that this season and now its as it should be.

Deleted
    I think you lack understanding of simple math. The rating is nothing. It might have algorithms behind it but let's assume it has 0 changes from the beginning of time.

With those 0 changes from the beginning of time, it would be harder to go up if the skill of those playing increases.

In my humble opinion (it's very humble because I have no impressive ratings), 1. The game has increased its skilled players because it gets maturer 2. BGs have got a lot of good players so ..

.. Arenas get mostly those than win it. For example 2v2 gives absolutely no gear that is extra so the overwhelming majority of those playing know they will most probably win. The result is when I try to learn arena in 2v2 (without being very good yet), I get 1550 and feel like I achieved something. The opponents are simply very frequently good.

Once, it started giving us only 1700+ rating while we were only 1500. The system didn't have many bad ratings teams anymore. This can't be because they weren't online only since some may just disband and still give rating to those not disbanding. [and those going only for caps (and then disband) may affect it as well, but they're not needed/required to produce the situation I describe]

Deleted
    70% W/L ratio is actully kinda low, if you look at the top players they have like 95% and still is 2,6k rating

Deleted
    I remember when 2.4k was rank 1... oh tbc how i miss you.

I checked your toon and saw this --> " 70-46 60%" This does not look like 70% to me.
    No wonder you are not 2,200. You should not expect that high a rating when you are winning 60% of your matches.

Low MMR and 60% W/L.

It's not offensive. It's a fact of life that 2.2k is a DS rating. Everyone that's at least 2400 knows. So sorry.
    Highest 3 man team rating: 2,415
    God I love heroes like you. But gongrats man, that isn't 2,5k tho. xD
    Hi

Deleted
    omg eric cartman plays arena!

10+ Year Old Account
    Just because you don't agree with it, does not make it non-offensive.

Honestly, you talk in this thread like you're some pvp god and then complain that 2700 will be tough for a "good but not top player". Well I have news for you, not everyone reaches that top level if you're not a "top player". The "good players" however you deem someone to be good, then get to another rating.

You're pretty much saying "gimme gimme gimme 2700 but oh no no it takes so long it must be impossible IMA QUIT AND MAKE A POST ON FORUMS BECAUSE EVERYONE CARES"

And it could'nt be because that some triple dps teams has an easier time achieving a certain rating but then hit a hard wall because they start to meet players that has good enough communication and understanding on how to use defensive cd's around 2,2? Doesn't neccesarily has something to do with making things easier than old days but also have something with the combo to do. Some combos do really good on lower ratings but rarely makes it to 2500+ rating. I can see that you still sit around 2100 with 60% win ratio now which might prove my asumption right

Deleted
    Bit confused, you say anything sub 2.2k is "DS" rating, yet you're best is 2,4k during a time when DK's was retardly OP...
    And now you cant even break 2.2k and you call yourself stupid with down syndrome...im so lost lol...