View Poll Results: So is it right?

Voters
1012. This poll is closed
  • Yes, it should go to top performers who don't have the item

336 33.20%
  • No, your dumb and should not need of you have it.

608 60.08%
  • Maybe, not sure.

68 6.72%
Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Do you get kicked often doing that? People inspect a lot in LFR, you rolled need while having the gear I'd be surprised if someone didn't hit the roof and demand a kick, especially since you're a dime-a-dozen DPS on both characters you pull this with.
    Nope. I've even gone out of my way to announce that I'd roll on anything I'm able to, to pass it off to someone who's pulling their weight if I happen to win. You'd be surprised how many people agree with and support it, especially after looking at the meters and seeing half of the dps barely beating the tank.

What people don't get is, the drop doesn't necessarily have to go to the top performer. Just last night, there was a guy in LFR who had pretty crap gear, but he was playing extremely well and had a great attitude, so a few of us rolled and helped kit him out. He felt bad that we were passing a few pieces off to him, so he gave one of his upgrades to a healer who was undergeared but performing well. Everyone generally had a pretty good time messing around on the bosses, and the only people who really complained were the people who were pulling 8k and not winning their rolls.

Hell, we had a few people even pipe up in /raid asking if anyone had any advice to do better dps. Sure, one or two jerkwads yelled at them, but most of the people in there were generally helpful and offered any advice they could give. It was a nice run.

10+ Year Old Account
    The 99% does not approve of this I however being part of the 1% approve.
    Job well done.

Yes I'm guilty of this. I do it to balance out the system when gear does go to people who are being carried. 380 ilvl healers who think they can cruise by doing 4K hps while everyone else is doing 15-20K hps and then they win all the loots and DW weaps...... not cool.

I voted "No, your dumb and should not need of you have it." for two reasons

First Reason: It's "No, you're dumb and should not need on it if you have it.".

Second Reason: You're completely screwing the people who need the items the most. Check to see if the lower DPS people are doing a proper rotation have proper gear and enchants, just lesser gear. If they aren't doing anything then ya they don't deserve it, but if they are souly being held back by gear then they do deserve it.

I do this and think it's completely fair. Blizzard's LFR loot system doesn't take into account the performance of players even if it does feel like you've got to be awful to win loot rolls. I've lost so many loots to people who aren't just undergeared, they're horrible. After losing a piece I needed, while being 3rd or 4th on damage and doing my job in the fights, to sub rogues pulling 7k and people afking fo the fight, it became clear that anything I can need on, I should. It's unfair that people who clearly got/bought just enough gear to get into LFR just to sit around herping their faces off win gear.

Obviously people will disagree, some of them may be like the people i mentioned, and others may be good players that never win. I just want to see gear go to people who deserve and could use gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Do you get kicked often doing that? People inspect a lot in LFR, you rolled need while having the gear I'd be surprised if someone didn't hit the roof and demand a kick, especially since you're a dime-a-dozen DPS on both characters you pull this with.

No I've never been kicked. Ever.

Thing is this happens once in a blue moon. Most people in this thread act like I win all the time and give it way which isn't the case. Generally speaking it happens maybe once or twice a week between 4 toons.

I'm just trying to get those "last" items. But like people said they see my Dps, and go why waste a kick in him when there's Dps below the tank.

Who knows, I mean I think to myself its wrong, sorta, but good in a way. I've helped people get there 4 piece, get there trinkets, so on so forth. The people I helped are sometimes like 387 ilvl and only thing they have left is one piece I tier, who do a solid job at there class by breaking down all the stuff I can on recount, eg dmg taken, dmg output, targets most attacked. The list goes on.

It also goes as far as watching people during the boss fight, stacking, not stacking, switching Dps to current Dps targets.

If someone pulls there weight I want to help them. Is it fair? Yeah because I actually have to win the item in order to give it to them, which is generally rare.

Do me a favor and don't correct my spelling/grammar. I browse this site with a cell phone. Try harder next time to be an ass.

I tried to do this once, but the warlock I was going to give it to didn't speak a word of English, so I got myself an off-spec piece of tier.

yeah thats what i do, need stuff i already have and if i win it i give it to the highest dps that doesn't have that item...

Are you needing on items what you does not need? You are 1 of the worst kind of players..a ninja....In my eyes you are 1 of the lowest level players, lower than the "ebay" players...They are just unexperienced or just simply stupid, but you doing what you doing with cold logic....
    The lfr is a faceroll, not really matters if a few "bad" players exist in the raid, the good players easily compensate them. LFR has been made for the "poor" players, players who can`t go to normal raid for different reasons but (similar like me, but different reasons) would like to see the content, see the bosses mechanism (even if it`s dumbed to the ground)and try to win something by different reasons.
    If you truly want to be the champion of justice (obviously not...you just a problematic teeneger who get some unfair things at home or in the schhol and try to take revenge somehow and on someone..in the relal ife too weak and meaningless, so only the virtual reality left..) then you report the persons who is on afk or doing terribly low performance (ofc not to the blizz, but to the raid..you know a so called raidchat is exists in the game)
    However, if you really need 1-2 piece of gear, then you are a terribad player...I have seen good, really good players...they we`re good in far lower gear what was necessary for the content (sadly I`m not 1 of them:P)

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    People like you make this game very horrible to play.....

Deleted
    Do whatever the hell you feel like. If people have a problem with it, too bad.

Low gear =/= low dps/hps. I was in the top 3 on mt alt hunter that had over 15 ilvl dif from what i was wearing to what was in my bags allowing me to que. The "i need gear to put up respectable numbers, but i can't get gear cause people loot council in LFR" is simply just a lie you tell yourself for not wanting to actually try.

It then comes down to, people loot council to the players that are there and are good/trying the hardest. When you step up your play you can be on the receiving end of this sort of generosity.

To follow your guidelines the person that gets the item via this loot-council-rolling deserves it just as much as you did. You did not win the roll. The minute you lose a roll your level of concern for the item should drop to 0. If the person that wins it makes sure it goes to someone that can use it then i'd say the run is successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldfingaz View Post
    I voted "No, your dumb and should not need of you have it." for two reasons

First Reason: It's "No, you're dumb and should not need on it if you have it.".

Second Reason: You're completely screwing the people who need the items the most. Check to see if the lower DPS people are doing a proper rotation have proper gear and enchants, just lesser gear. If they aren't doing anything then ya they don't deserve it, but if they are souly being held back by gear then they do deserve it.
    I voted yes because if you are in 372 gear you shouldn't be doing low Dps. PERIOD.

See how that works?

Clearly put bad Dps don't deserve anything. They are easily replaced, and if you had 16 other Dps just like that person the raid wouldn't go anywhere.

That's like having 6 afk healers, does that mean those healers receive loot? Because they were present? O wait the boss won't die if there is no healers. Forgot that.

Let's say every Dps pulled 15-20k on madness, think he would die before enrage? Think blistering tents would die?

Nah they won't, because they are to busy being carried by people who deserve the loot. The people doing at least in my opinion 37k+ on madness which is very easily done in 372~ gear.

---------- Post added 2012-01-17 at 09:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dachoson1 View Post
    People like you make this game very horrible to play.....
    No blizzard makes this game horrible to play by letting me do what I want with the loot. If its not against the TOS, and it isn't exploiting I guess it's right to do. Until then I will continue to do it.

Remember I have to win the roll in order to do this.

Also I've changed my mind since I started this thread. I think it's right on very many lvls now. I feel good about it.

Do me a favor and don't correct my spelling/grammar. I browse this site with a cell phone. Try harder next time to be an ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    on a chair staring at a screen somewhere in Europe
    @OP; so your definition of best is the person doing most dps/hps regardless of the target they did it on?
    as in: you can go out nuking all corruptions on the spine fight to avoid dps loss and totally F* up your raid, but if that gives your high dps then you're the best player?
    because that is what you're saying.

yeah, excellent tactics bro.

if you have to ask yourself the question if what you're doing is right or not, then you have already given yourself the answer

<I used to be a poster like you, but then I took an infraction to the knee>

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm on the fence on this subject. In a way its not right to play "Loot God" but then again I believe in people pulling their weight. Not everyone will have top dps/hps because the lack of gear. So, if you truly are inspecting honorably and not just beefing up the elitist then I really don't see anything wrong with not rewarding people who don't try hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    all this is is people who are used to being loot masters in their normal raids or people who are on a power trip trying to take what little power they have and wielding it like a kid with his dads gun

this is wrong, immoral and just serves your own selfish ego
    "Don't eat yellow snow."

Posted by Catastrophe
    Is it truly selfish of me to not want to help someone I don't know at absolutely no benefit to myself?
    Aika kultaa muistot = Time goldens all memories

You are not significant enough to decide these things. If GMs did this, fine. But no, I'd report you instantly if I saw you doing this, despite me never being among the low performers.

Everyone pays the same amount for this game, LFR is not for elitist thinking. It's for facerolling and yes, even baddies, to see content.

Deleted
    Just do a guild run or something if ur worried about low performers gettin loot

People are so caught up on this. All YOU need to know is that the loot that dropped went to someone that can put it to use. Why do you care about the means? Everyone who opposes this does so because they feel everyone deserves the item. Well one of those deserving people got the loot.

I think it's just as ridiculous that people inspect everyone on their token and try and monitor every drop like the fucking elementary school hall monitor. It's on you for having any emotion about this. If it is like most of you say "faceroll" then go in faceroll and when you don't win loot, which is highly probable regardless of loot manipulation, go to the next boss and try again next week.

ok so blizz did the whole roll bonus thing, not sure if that applies to all items yet and for ms, but it should.

really i dont know why they dont make it so you dont have the ability to roll need on an item if you already have it. wouldn't that fix a lot of this gripping? also if someme wins a roll and doesn't look the item, the item should be availible to the next highest roller and so on and so forth.

if someone is doing exceptionally low of dps or heals, anything under 10k, or is afk or doing stupid stuff on purpose, clearly they should be removed.

heck, i went in there the other day on my mage. no gems, no enchants, two greens, barely making the req ilvl using a few pvp peices, and i was still pulling 14-15k dps and they wanted to remove me. you'll notice a lot, when the tank screws up, they start pointing fingers at the dps. my dps sucked, i know. but, i was trying. are we saying here that if something dropped that i needed, it should go to another mage who is doing 50k dps?

maybe a system needs to be implimented where you have a target window of dps or heals you must hit depending on your gear level, and if you que up and choose for this system to be activated, it will award higher ilvl gear and weapons. good part of this is, if they que up and can't hit the mark, then you will be removed, but without deserter buff, so they can reque for the regular LFR, where there is no performance requirements? just an idea.

oh right and about this thread. let me just say, what it comes down to is, should people be rolling need on items they don't, regardless of what they will do with said items. that is the question. my answer is no, no they shouldnt. if you encourage everyone to play righteous robin hood, more and more people will think it is ok. how do you know you can trust all these people to be fair and just when they need and redistribute the item? what is fair? giving it to the highest dps? maybe the one who won't dps adds when he is supposed to? giving it to the lower dps that really needs the upgrade, but clearly didn't impress you? you see? once you start playing god, things can get very messy.
    Last edited by Evelyn; 2012-01-18 at 02:32 AM.