Finally found my WoW killer

I always thought what would be the WoW killer for me, it turns out it was Blizz itself, or rather their decisions in which direction they want WoW to go. Few days after killing deathwing on normal and then doing 2 hardmodes I noticed there is absolutely nothing keeping me in this game. I was waiting for DS patch as something to remedy my boredom with this game but sadly killing Deathwing just 2 days after release of said patch made think there is no longer any point in playing WoW. Everything is so easly accessible and brainless there is no reason to try harder or actually do anything because there is no longer feeling of progress in WoW. I used to quit back in tbc and even wrath, not because I was bored but because game took to much of my time. For the first time I've quit because of boredom, and if that boredom happens one week after the biggest and most important patch of the expansion comes out you know something is wrong.

I am sadly done with WoW, maybe I will give it a go in MoP but will wait a bit to see how are people feeling about that expansion. It seems people who said few years ago that only WoW killer will be Blizzard itself were right.

Deleted
    ok
    /characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    I always thought what would be the WoW killer for me, it turns out it was Blizz itself, or rather their decisions in which direction they want WoW to go. Few days after killing deathwing on normal and then doing 2 hardmodes I noticed there is absolutely nothing keeping me in this game. I was waiting for DS patch as something to remedy my boredom with this game but sadly killing Deathwing just 2 days after release of said patch made think there is no longer any point in playing WoW. Everything is so easly accessible and brainless there is no reason to try harder or actually do anything because there is no longer feeling of progress in WoW. I used to quit back in tbc and even wrath, not because I was bored but because game took to much of my time. For the first time I've quit because of boredom, and if that boredom happens one week after the biggest and most important patch of the expansion comes out you know something is wrong.

I am sadly done with WoW, maybe I will give it a go in MoP but will wait a bit to see how are people feeling about that expansion. It seems people who said few years ago that only WoW killer will be Blizzard itself were right.
    I know what you mean, sadly the game is a hollow shell of what it once was. I'm having a blast playing SW:ToR, and i put WoW down for good. You should come try it, i think you might like it!

Welcome, fellow ship jumper!

I said I'd never go back, but I'll probably dabble in MoP just to get some story line etc. No interest in getting full blown WoW addicted again, too much time required which I no longer have available.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm quite sure there's been more weeks than 2 since they launched 4.3..

But anyway, I'll bite, if you feel bored with the game, maybe a break is what you need.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do!

10+ Year Old Account
    Sad to see you go, I suppose, but we've had more than enough "I quit" threads recently.