Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Very true, but still though, my point was that Skyrim can't be called revolutionary based on size alone.
    But but but, it ar biggar than vanilla WoW!

Nah Skyrim isn't revolutionary, it's polished.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

10+ Year Old Account
    Well just finished my 45mins in the demo and will say i had a lot of fun. My biggest complaint was the silent main character (but that can be blamed on Ken Rolston, he to this day believes that a voice main character actually limits the players immersion, he even criticized games likes mass effect for having it...was in a Game Informer interview i believe). The art is nice, the graphics while not as fluid and vibrant as i would want are far from ugly or unplayable. In my play through i only encountered the post processing bug, which as been stated previously has been fixed.

I will definitely be picking up the game, for it appears to be a solid first effort by 38 studios, and i love Mcfarlane's art style and as a fantasy nerd I really enjoy RA Salvatore's lore. While not a perfect game, it is a great shot for a developers first title.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

I just played the demo and wasn't entirely sure what to think. I played up to the point where I met the fateweaver. Up to that point I was, short of the talent system, hard pressed to identify any difference between this game and Fable. I read some more comments about it and heard the game opens up TES style a little past the point I got to.

The Zelda style silent character was jarring personally.

I was disappointed as someone who plays archers in this style of game. I couldn't mix stealth and archery as one does in TES games and the actual bow attacks were brutally underpowered. The aiming was frustrating and by the point I was close enough to hit something I'd have killed it in half the time with a melee weapon.

I was having a bit of trouble with controls, but I admit I haven't played a console game in about a year now so it was probably just me.

All in all, I'm not terribly excited about it but it looks like it should be fairly fun. Something I'll probably pick up on a steam sale, err well maybe not just remembered it's published by EA right?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've tried this game and I kinda liked it. Story seems nice and the world is interesting. The combat style is alright but the interface is bad.

But what's really been bugging me is what seems to be this sort of graphical "glitch" I get on characters. They have some sort of "shine" on them, they glisten. Like on this (very VERY sexy) elf girls belly, hand and chest.
    If it's close-up it's even worse and much more apparent.
    http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/61...7E71E5D1E8DBB/

10+ Year Old Account
    I don’t want to try it out. It looks too clichéish.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eorayn View Post
    I don’t want to try it out. It looks too clichéish.
    I reckon like it's a good book; You need to read more then the prologue to see it's magic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played a sort of trickster build using daggers and magic and i gotta say i really enjoyed the combat system. the freedom you have to make and end combo's at any point while keeping it fluid was done really well. The world that was set up felt believable and i found myself really enjoy the fey quest line and their hall of bards. can't wait until it's released

Sig by the amazing Shyama! <Ascension 16/16 H 25man oceanic>

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh and another question; Will this game have any form of relationship forming or companions of any sort? Like making a partner or allies.

10+ Year Old Account
    While on occasional quests you might have an npc that tags along there is no companion system and there is no form of co-op
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

10+ Year Old Account
    bit of a delay on using the shield i just couldnt get the shield out before getting hit by something i think ill just stick to dodging which is easier

I personally didn't like it. The art style was great but I didn't like the models. They looked weird and my girl had like giant hands and the way she ran was so awkward.

Obviously graphics don't make a game and the gameplay didn't wow me either. It felt like a mix between Torchlight with the art, Oblivion for some reason, and Fable with just about everything really. My friends told me it'd get better once you're out of the cave but I got no more enjoyment out of the demo after I got out of the Well of Souls. I'll have to try it out again and see how it goes a second time.