Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Immapwnu88 View Post
    I am convinced that Mysts of Panderia will be the "New Coke" of the video game world. They will release it, people will try it, then people will hate it and ask for the old "classic" recipe.
    I'm convinced that people will buy it, love it, and extol it's virtues to the extent that those who were pre-disposed to hate it will come flocking back to WoW after being disappointed with the alternatives.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

I'm looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Serix69 View Post
    Whats the difference?

New Expansion has always been:

Travel to new leveling areas
    Level to cap while running, or not running new dungeons along the way
    Reach cap and gear for heroics
    Run heroics
    Raid

I don't see how MoP changes this
    Except MoP will have only 2 raids with 3 bosses each, probably, with most of the dev team busy balancing Pokemons.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Quote Originally Posted by Xebu View Post
    Except MoP will have only 2 raids with 3 bosses each, probably, with most of the dev team busy balancing Pokemons.
    1. Blizz said that MoP would launch with 3 raids.

2. Mogu'Shan Palace has already been stated to have 6 bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Spriggs View Post
    1. Blizz said that MoP would launch with 3 raids.

2. Mogu'Shan Palace has already been stated to have 6 bosses.
    Don't let the truth get in the way of childish whining.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who's we?

I sure as hell don't hate MoP.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Don't let the truth get in the way of childish whining.
    Jeeze guys, where is your sense of humor? :P
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    That makes no sense. It has to be the theme or else you would play it. It offers everything cata, wrath, and bc did plus extras. It is the theme, or could you please explain what it is.
    5 levels, arguably less content, I'm not very interested in the side-games offered (so far), not enthused about how heroics will be handled, the lack of a central enemy is a bit concerning. Some talent trees, while simplified, also seem somewhat interesting, but really that isn't enough to bring me back.

I have an open mind about it, and will keep an eye on info as it becomes available, but for now, I'll just pass. The game's future direction just isn't for me, nothing wrong with that. I hope the folks who play it enjoy it thoroughly.

Also, OP, using the word "we" isn't helping

Quote Originally Posted by Immapwnu88 View Post
    I am convinced that Mysts of Panderia will be the "New Coke" of the video game world. They will release it, people will try it, then people will hate it and ask for the old "classic" recipe.
    In other words, it will get the very same reception that every other expansion pack has gotten?

10+ Year Old Account
    I only play mature games for mature gamers like myself.

I love every concept of MoP so far. We'll just have to wait and see how it unfolds.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

The game is a cheap contact for family for me, I still goof around and level alts and just mind my own business solo and think of the good times I had raiding with friends in the past, to be honest the next expac could be pandas or giant purple goobers and I doubt any excitement would come from me. Well other than grinding to max level and grieving questers.

its just a "wow expansion"

i can write what its basiclly about whit pi*s in the snow

level+dungeons
    gear up+heroic dungeons
    raid
    heroic raid
    whine
    raid
    heroic raid
    whine
    raid
    heroic raid
    whine
    wait 3 months for new expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by scdogg44 View Post
    Now to go and add in something complete different, it's kind of hard to deal with.

Thing is it's not completely different. It really isn't. Some things change but it's still 99% the same crap which depending on who you ask is a good or a bad thing.

I have done pretty much all that I care to do in WoW. I can play every spec of every class with at least a reasonable amount of skill, I have geared alts of the specs I care to play, and I have collected all the vanity goods I care to and have raided casually and more hardcoreish. The game has run its course for me and my friends are slowly drifting off as well. There was a time where I enjoyed the game enough that that wouldn't have bothered me but now/shrug I'll enjoy ToR while it lasts and we'll see what comes in the future.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

It's the direction of the game, not MoP for me.

It's pointless and time consuming with zero real rewards. I want to earn my raid slot and have fun leveling to it.

I may change my mind if they break away from the T10+ model, but free gear = subs for Blizz, I guess.

NOT.
    You know what's wrong with WoW these days? People have become so selfish that Blizzard must dance according to their whims. Guess what? You can still earn your spot in a raid if you so wish! Do you know what I truly believe? I believe that you're jealous because Blizzard made your sweet roll redundant by distributing it to the other people. Without any ridiculous Skyrim quotes, this translates into: People have more choices and you are jealous because not everyone is forced into following the same path to progression as you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    That makes no sense. It has to be the theme or else you would play it. It offers everything cata, wrath, and bc did plus extras. It is the theme, or could you please explain what it is.
    It has to be the theme? How about the fact that some of us are sick of 7 years of anything, no matter how (honestly) wonderful most of it was. Trust me, even Megan Fox has a boyfriend who's nailing her but is heartily sick of her bs. I liked wow for years, I'm bored with it, I moved on. Nothing against wow at all.
    -Styopa

We do not hate MoP. Perhaps you do. Perhaps some others on the forum do. But we definitely don't.
    And your argument is kind of silly.
    "We want the same, we don't want change!" Anyone who has been playing the game for 5 years and would prefer if it stayed the same is ridiculous. Every expansion has been a massive change to the game. MoP will bring big change, just like BC did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Someone needs to do a bit of fact-checking.
    Most people have quit because the end-game was too difficult for them. For every person that bitches about the game being too easy on MMOC, there are a dozen that quit the game because they think it's too difficult and don't bother saying a word.

I dislike this because of more valuable reasons than you.

- special snowflake

Because its the same old crap with every expansion, raid or die. Gets old after a while.