10+ Year Old Account

Where do ewoks live?

i dont play swotr but this is prob the best place to ask... do ewoks live on the forest moon of endor or on endor and if it is a moon whats the name of the moon they live on, seems people always say the ewoks live on endor

I live in LA county.
    Yub Yub

10+ Year Old Account
    didnt expect that

Quote Originally Posted by anewok View Post
    I live in LA county.
    LOL, god damn it how did you see this first. Perfect timing.

OT, they are from the moon and it only has one name, the Forest Moon of Endor.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by monostat View Post
    LOL, god damn it how did you see this first. Perfect timing.

OT, they are from the moon and it only has one name, the Forest Moon of Endor.
    So whenever Endor becomes a visitable planet, expect the debate about "Ewoks are too childish."

Until then, we won't be seeing Ewoks.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

15+ Year Old Account
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    I live in LA county.
    This post made my day, I thank you sir.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    thanks this prob best answer

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    So whenever Endor becomes a visitable planet, expect the debate about "Ewoks are too childish."

Until then, we won't be seeing Ewoks.
    I would love to go to Endor, because then we would finally find out something about it. Fuck that moon though, stupid little furry bastards making trouble for the Empire

15+ Year Old Account
    they are from the moon and it only has one name, the Forest Moon of Endor.
    It has 3 names. Endor, Forest Moon of Endor, and Sanctuary Moon.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    *Looks at first two poster profiles*

Checks out, everyone. Commence with laughter.
    Last edited by Pliers; 2012-01-19 at 05:18 AM.

It has 3 names. Endor, Forest Moon of Endor, and Sanctuary Moon.
    I will concede Sanctuary Moon, but Endor is the planet that may or may not be there anymore. Calling it Endor just seems wrong since at one time at least there was a planet there called Endor.

Edit: Since you need a a planet to have a moon, and the planet may not be there anymore I bow to superior knowledge
    Last edited by monostat; 2012-01-18 at 10:31 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I will concede Sanctuary Moon, but Endor is the planet that may or may not be there anymore. Calling it Endor just seems wrong since at one time at least there was a planet there called Endor.

Edit: Since you need a a planet to have a moon, and the planet may not be there anymore I bow to superior knowledge
    The planet is still there. Just because the movies didn't show it doesn't mean it is no longer there. Most "modern" visuals show the planet in the background in various shots. However the moon is referred to as Endor, not because the planet is gone, but because thats what people call it. Because it is really the only reason to visit the Endor system and the moon is the only inhabitable surface there. Its just the name the galactic community calls the moon.

It would be no different then calling a X-wing a snubnose or t-65. It is just another name that was given by the "lore" to the object.

I live in LA county.
    ahahaha. epic post! well played. well played, indeed.

palpatine calls it the sanctuary moon in episode VI, its called the battle of endor because thats where it takes place, near endor.

The planet is still there. Just because the movies didn't show it doesn't mean it is no longer there. Most "modern" visuals show the planet in the background in various shots. However the moon is referred to as Endor, not because the planet is gone, but because thats what people call it. Because it is really the only reason to visit the Endor system and the moon is the only inhabitable surface there. Its just the name the galactic community calls the moon.

It would be no different then calling a X-wing a snubnose or t-65. It is just another name that was given by the "lore" to the object.
    From your own link
    "The planet Endor was never visible in any scenes in Return of the Jedi set on the forest moon, a fact which the novelization explains by asserting that it was destroyed some time earlier, and that the moon now orbits its star in a planetary orbit of its own. It should also be noted that in two of the space battle scenes, a pinkish planet can be seen in the background, in the vicinity of the forest moon. Another shot showing TIE fighters flying towards the Death Star (and camera) with several Star Destroyers in the background shows the pinkish planet."

It goes on to say that it can be seen in a few of the shorts but nobody knows for sure

15+ Year Old Account
    From your own link
    "The planet Endor was never visible in any scenes in Return of the Jedi set on the forest moon, a fact which the novelization explains by asserting that it was destroyed some time earlier, and that the moon now orbits its star in a planetary orbit of its own. It should also be noted that in two of the space battle scenes, a pinkish planet can be seen in the background, in the vicinity of the forest moon. Another shot showing TIE fighters flying towards the Death Star (and camera) with several Star Destroyers in the background shows the pinkish planet."

It goes on to say that it can be seen in a few of the shorts but nobody knows for sure
    Cant really say its destroyed, depending on the source of the information some say it was absorbed in a space anomaly.

15+ Year Old Account
    From your own link

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Endor_Moon_Hoax

The movies also depicted a pinkish planet in some of the space scenes. No matter what something said at the time it has been stated that the planet of Endor still exists. Despite the movies being "the only true cannon" they make many mistakes. Like the only known light saber wound to not cauterize.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Endor_%28planet%29
    "The planet Endor was never visible in any scenes in Return of the Jedi set on the forest moon's surface. The novelization claims that Endor was destroyed some time earlier, and that the moon now orbits its star in a planetary orbit of its own. This apparent discrepancy was settled with the release of The Essential Atlas, which dismisses the gas giant's disappearance as an elaborate hoax. "