Page 1 of 2
LastLast

post patch Frame drops

I was playing swtor with like 30 fps or more, then the patch that came today, im running at like 10 wtf?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

My wife seems to be as well.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Be sure to check your graphics options as I believe this patch released a few new graphical options that will either improve or reduce your FPS depending on your computer system.

Mine actually went up a bit, my load times sped up too.

One thing I noticed is, oddly, if I turn anti aliasing off my FPS drops though, haha. Weird.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MapleMeringue View Post
    One thing I noticed is, oddly, if I turn anti aliasing off my FPS drops though, haha. Weird.
    Different graphics engines act very differently.

Deleted
    Release a patch, break more stuff.

That's how it goes.

Turned my settings to low can only get to about 20 fps, very noticeable to my eyes still that its not where it was
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anti-Aliasing. Turn it off. It say its not yet implemented, but when i logged on it was turned on high. That might help.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Turned my settings to low can only get to about 20 fps, very noticeable to my eyes still that its not where it was
    I'd suggest posting your system specifications otherwise anything we might suggest to help you is pointless.

Um i thought i kept my packaging slip with my comp but i guess not so what i can remember

Windows 7 OS
    Phenom II processor
    a case
    m5a97 asus mother board
    Nvidia GeForce
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    I was playing swtor with like 30 fps or more, then the patch that came today, im running at like 10 wtf?
    Lower anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering. Those options were not active even if at max level, now they are active (I think).

More important: if you turned off Bloom before the patch, turn it on, Apply, and turn it off again.
    It was On for me (visually speaking), even if the setting was on Off.

Meh.
    "I look bigger in those mirrors where things look bigger."

Turn off AA.For me i got like 40 fps increase and everything looks smooth now.
    Last edited by Stormgnoef; 2012-01-18 at 11:26 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    My wife seems to be as well.
    I risk incurring the wrath of the mods, but why is your wife running at 10 fps? and is that feet per second? If so, see about entering her for the Olympics.

I can't click the bloom option, well i can click on it but a tool tip does not come up for the option and it will not toggle on or off
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Anti Aliasing was added in this patch, and I noticed it was default set to High. Might wanna turn it off.
    Yub Yub

Eh, I had 70+ FPS before the patch (minus the usual war zones and imperial fleet) and I still have 70+ post patch. I'm probably not the best sample for this type of stuff though, since the weakest link in my PC is my EVGA OC 560TI, which...for all intents and purposes, runs just about all my PC games on high or better. That being said, I guess I'm one of the few who has a "high performance PC" and does not experience problems. (i7 2600k, 8GB DDR1600, etc. etc.) I personally consider myself a touch below the high grades since I'm not cool enough to using a 570/580/6950/etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    I risk incurring the wrath of the mods, but why is your wife running at 10 fps? and is that feet per second? If so, see about entering her for the Olympics.
    10ft per second isn't that fast.

Now 10 metres however..

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    You're not trolling or calling another forum member some repulsive comment. You're making a playful joke in jest. Your post is perfectly fine and mildly amusing.

was at 228 with forced AA prior to patch. loaded up with forced off, and game AA on. Dipped to 92 fps, and 7 fps anywhere on ilum. reverted back to forced AA, up to 201 fps and 78fps in the middle of the ilum farming.

i seriously dont think they test any of these updates out.