10+ Year Old Account

Bio - Battle-Prince Rahj'haar

Name: Battle-Prince Rahj'haar
    Race: Ethereal
    Class: Warmage (Description can be found here)

Languages: Little is known about the Ethereal base language, but Rahj'haar is fluent in Orcish and Common, as well as speaking broken versions of the individual race's languages, specific to the common races on Azeroth (IE: the Alliance and Horde races). He has taught himself only what needs to be known for trade purposes in these languages, as not being able to make money due to lack of communication skills, is something he will not stand for.

Faction: Originally a member of the Ethereum, Rahj'haar is now a part of the Consortium.

Personality: Like other Ethereals, Rahj'haar has an undying thirst for personal gain. He prefers control rather than riches, but will grasp at any chance to make some currency, as riches can bring control. Rahj'haar prefers to venture away from his Ethereal brethren, and seeks conversation (for good or bad) with the races akin to Azeroth. He spent many years (though exactly how many is unknown) fighting alongside Ethereals, and enjoys venturing into the company of other races. While he is still driven by power and gain, part of him has a soft spot for friends. That is to mean, while he is still a wicked, selfish being for the most part, he has decided that having a few close friends is a good thing, and refuses to stab them in the back as he might anyone else. This ideology is also part of the reason he seeks out those who are not Ethereal, though he still has no problem interacting perfectly well with his own race.

Likes/Dislikes: Rahj'haar relishes in controlling the Arcane magics he has been perfecting over his lifetime. While still a skilled trader, and entrepreneur, he prefers finding happiness in battle and magic. Rahj'haar's only hate lies in the Void. While conveniently blessed with what seems like eternal life, he will never forgive the demons of the Void for destroying his planet, and diminishing his race. He also dislikes Gnomes, though he's never really been able to explain why.

Appearance: Conventionally wrapped in cloth bindings, Rahj'haar is a Battle-Prince, and has some notable differences in his garb. His soul glows with a purple-blue hue. His wrappings are a deep, deep, gray, on the verge of being black. The wrappings have silver lines etched lightly into the surface, that glow when he is channeling his Arcane powers. The lines look like waves, and there are two of them, parallel, that run along the path of the wrappings all around him. ((I might design a segment of his wrappings to better show how the lines look.)) Being a Warmage, Rahj'haar uses weapons in both hands. In his right, he wields a wicked scimitar. The blade is a bright silver, that has three notches to serrate the top of the back side of the blade, while the front is a smooth, straight blade, until reaching the top 5 inches or so, where it tapers off into a curve, meeting the serrated edge at a sharp tip. The blade glows with a cyan hued flame, engulfing the entire blade and ending at the hilt. The hilt is made of a crimson red metal, the origins of which are unknown, and there is a bright red crystal encrusted beneath where the blade begins on both sides. In his left hand, he holds a longstaff. The staff has a white base, that extends just over the height of Rahj'haar himself. The top of the staff is silver, the same of his blade, and looks similar to the tip of a spear. Both edges are serrated like a sharks tooth, and there is a hole in the center, creating what resembles the outline of a diamond. The tip of the staff glows with the same arcane enchantment as the blade, and the rest of the staff has a black mist lightly pulsating outwards in all directions. The wrappings around his head have a circular blue gem encrusted above where his eyes would be, centered between the locations of his long lost visual aids.

Strengths/Weaknesses: Rahj'haar is skilled in the arts of offensive combat. As a Warmage, he holds a general understanding of melee combat, but only enough to hold attackers at bay as he uses magics to continue his assault. He has incredible control over the Arcane magics, and is especially trained in powerful offensive spellwork. He channels pure arcane energy into beams of mighty magic, that can decimate his foes, sometimes vaporizing them in one hit, if the enemy is weak enough. He is weak, however, in defense. His skill with the sword extends no farther than basic training, and if he was to be overrun, there would not be much he could do. While having basic control over magic shielding and short teleportation, his defensive skills are only enough to buy him some time, but surely not to save his life in a dire situation.

History: Years ago, Rahj'haar was a member of the surviving race on K'aresh. When Dimensius the All-Devouring first lay magical siege on his home planet, Rahj'haar was one of the many warriors and mages who worked to fend off the influx of mighty demons washing over their lands, as his engineer comrades struggled to quickly erect protection shields. He watched as his kin around him were consumed by dark and arcane magics, and were destroyed in all kinds of unimaginable ways. Once the power shields were raised around what was left of he and his comrades, they were safe from the dark magic, but the pure arcane energies flooding in from the portals to the Twisting Nether, were too much for them to bare. Their bodies were disintegrated, leaving Arcane powered versions of their souls somehow left semi-alive. Being the leader of his company, the Battle-Prince took up arms, along with the other pseudo-survivors of his race, against Dimensius. Interestingly enough, their newfound Arcane power, that had been infused with their souls, granted them the strength and intellect to combat Dimensius and his evil followers. Forcing the war to a standstill, the newly created Ethereals had only bought themselves time, before the evil powers of the void forced them to flee into the Twisting Nether.

Taking up arms with the Ethereum, Rahj'haar would spend many years combatting the evils of the void, and devoted himself to avenging his people. Eventually, the Ethereum sent some of it's members to Outland, more specifically Netherstorm, to create a base of operations. Rahj'haar was sent there with a small force to command, so he might protect the new encampment against possible threats. Spending time in Netherstorm, Rahj'haar eventually grew tired of the changes being made throughout the Ethereum. Over time, the ideals that the Ethereum were founded on became compounded in a thirst for greed and corruption, and the faction became a twisted version of its former self. Abandoning his outpost, Rahj'haar sought refuge with the Consortium. He wished to begin life anew on the floating rock, hoping to turn his attention back to the arts of trading and magic, rather than torture and construed goals. Rahj'haar existed at peace with himself in Netherstorm for a few years. Sometime later, word of Deathwing and all that surrounded his return had reached Netherstorm, through the words of Azerothian adventurers, whom he had become accustomed to. The Shattering wrought havoc on the land he'd heard so much about. His thirst for vengeance was rekindled at the idea of thrusting himself back into a situation similar to the one he experienced so long ago. If he could not destroy the Void, and the forces that took his land, he might find closure in being a part of that success on another planet.

So, along with a few of his companions, who were mostly interested in the journey for monetary gain, he ventured through the dark portal to Azeroth. There, his friends would find riches in offering new technologies to the heros of the land, but Rahj'haar was more interested in fighting alongside the many races he grew to enjoy. Seeking whatever it was he felt he did not have, Rahj'haar now travels Azeroth, getting involved in whatever wars or twisted trading he can. He still enjoys making money, and has no problem using others for his own gain, but he is honorable in battle, and would just as easily shake the hand of a battle-mate, as he might stab him in the back if met on different terms.

((I know this is my 3rd character in like a week. I'm not trying to spam characters, I just really wanted an Ethereal, I'm gonna stick with the three I have no for a while.)
    Last edited by Tovarish24; 2012-01-19 at 01:25 AM.
    WoW : Burning Blade (H)
    90 Warlock, 90 Shaman, 96+ Mage, 90 Death Knight, 86 Warrior, 90 Hunter, 85 Rogue, 80 Paladin, 76 Priest, 70 Druid, 26 Monk

I don't really know much about ethereal lore, but this was a good read. I liked it, good work!
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclejesse
    I'm not very nice and think I will stay away from the forums for a week to calm down
    (Note: This post might have been edited by Boubouille)
    My characters Bintah and Alicia

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks man! I didn't stray too far at all, like I did with Tovarish. The lore here is pretty standard, the only argument I would see is changing from the Ethereum to the Consortium, but the lore acknowledges that many Ethereals left the Ethereum once it became corrupted.
    WoW : Burning Blade (H)
    90 Warlock, 90 Shaman, 96+ Mage, 90 Death Knight, 86 Warrior, 90 Hunter, 85 Rogue, 80 Paladin, 76 Priest, 70 Druid, 26 Monk

Good read. It'd be nice if Ethereals did become a playable race. I could see them joining either faction for personal gain.
    Last edited by Bayhas; 2012-01-29 at 07:17 PM. Reason: corrected spelling!