Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    @OP
    I know what you mean, controls responsiveness is THE most important aspect of a MMO for me.

I've had the privilege to play the game at Paris Games Week (2011) and it felt rather tight except for a few abilities.
    Since then, as said above, ANet included animations "skipping" which is basically what WoW use.
    I'm feeling very confident about it.
    Link to the original article

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    GW2 is not focused around pvp. There is a great deal of pve content. I think because ArenaNet has such a good pvp background that its combat will do very well and not feel sluggish like SWTOR.
    Out! Out! You demons of raiding boredom!

Quote Originally Posted by Valek View Post
    Another reason this is such a huge issue for me is that GW2 is for focused around pvp, and this sluggish feel really is a detrement to the flow of the game.
    So are you saying GW2 is focussing on PvP? Please clarify that.

However, I've played GW2 on the Demo Boards, and it isn't sluggish at all.

Deleted
    I suggest OP you watch these videos.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Imperfec.../2/I_TDMoOCyHQ - Warrior gameplay
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Imperfec.../1/mRlFViMpewI - Thief gameplay
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Imperfec.../0/uWiH3lsjv9I - Guardian gameplay

Now tell us do you think it's sluggish after watching those? Also note they're from an old build, which has been updated since and is smoother.

And to nit pick, GW2 is far far far far from PvP focused, separating PvE and PvP doesn't mean PvP focus, it means the devs actually have brains.

I hope this isn't off topic but I CANNOT WAIT for this game!

I just watched more vids and all I have to say is-

I cannot wait for this !@$#!%^ game!
    Last edited by Siq1ne; 2012-01-19 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Update

Deleted
    i hope it will as fast as wow is
    the sluggischness of combat is what made the super awesome swtor fail hard for me
    combat and pvp just too slow and feels weird

plz gw2 plzzz be better

Quote Originally Posted by biggischkris View Post
    i hope it will as fast as wow is
    the sluggischness of combat is what made the super awesome swtor fail hard for me
    combat and pvp just too slow and feels weird

plz gw2 plzzz be better
    Please watch the video's from Pyre, they will give you a great insight about the game.

Deleted
    Funny thing is that this and if animations look poor is a decisive factor why people do not continue to play. I know for me it is.

At least in the videos it doesn't look sluggish and the animations are very nice so far. Have to see/play it for myself though. It's time for open beta!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    where ever you are when you've just had a long fight against another player, to screw up your day
    i know EXACTLY how you feel OP and im glad im not the only one who feels like that, if WoW has done anything incredibly right its the responsiveness of the combat system, but believe it or not the sound effects play a big part in "feeling" the ability aswell, feeling the impact of it and it happening at the right time from when you press that button, but from what I've seen things fire off really well and through review demons they people have said its hard to tell by looking but the combat feels REALLY nice and responsive the game is praised for it, one of those features of a game that isn't actually a feature just one of those "little things that make a big difference" but I've played games where it feels like "i press the button then it tells the char what to do and the char does it" rather then the much preferred "im the one who did this ability im not watching it happen im DOING it" might have rambled on abit but i hope my point came across

Quote Originally Posted by vilhelm1992 View Post
    i know EXACTLY how you feel OP and im glad im not the only one who feels like that, if WoW has done anything incredibly right its the responsiveness of the combat system, but believe it or not the sound effects play a big part in "feeling" the ability aswell, feeling the impact of it and it happening at the right time from when you press that button, but from what I've seen things fire off really well and through review demons they people have said its hard to tell by looking but the combat feels REALLY nice and responsive the game is praised for it, one of those features of a game that isn't actually a feature just one of those "little things that make a big difference" but I've played games where it feels like "i press the button then it tells the char what to do and the char does it" rather then the much preferred "im the one who did this ability im not watching it happen im DOING it" might have rambled on abit but i hope my point came across
    It did, and if you're wondering how this is on Guild Wars 2, please check out some combat video's on YouTube, some are filmed on conventions and some are screen captured.

Deleted
    omfg release RELEASE RRREEEEEELLEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEE
    plzzzzzzzzzzzzz

10+ Year Old Account
    where ever you are when you've just had a long fight against another player, to screw up your day
    Quote Originally Posted by biggischkris View Post
    omfg release RELEASE RRREEEEEELLEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEE
    plzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    that is all that has been screaming in my head for monthes now D:

From what I have seen the combat seems very responsive and AWESOME!

Put your faith in AN...they will not let us down.

I have the same worries as the OP, but from reading the thread im feeling better and better about this.

If this game has fluid controls and no monthly fee (which it doesnt I know), then count me out of monthly sub mmos and F2P mmos for a long time if not forever.

With this Diablo 3 and possibly HL2:E3 coming out this year I have to say im thrilled for 2012.

Deleted
    From all what I've seen and heard the combat won't be anything near sluggish. I'm really looking forward to the combat tbh, it's the thing that got me hooked on GW2. The whole dynamic combat without auto-attack, with active dodging, casting while walking... hmmm

All the videos looks amazing!! Im not worried about how they look in videos. I thought the videos in Warhammer and SWTOR looked great as well. Its the "feel" I get when Im using my abilities. Sounds of the abilities need to be perfecly sync when the ability is used. The effect needs to happen right away unless it is a projectile that actually needs to travel a bit. Yes I understand combat in WOW felt boring and it was very easy mode, but after saying that, they got the combat responsiveness exactly right. When I stun someone in WOW I know they are stunned. When I Cast something in WOW, I feel it leave my hands. In other games, I dont. I just have to trust that it is being cast correctly.

All of the responses so far have me very excited. It seems as though Anet has the same feelings as me. That fact that they seemed to already have a responsive combat engine, and yet they just recently improved it to make it more so, is something that gets me extremely excited!!

Quote Originally Posted by Valek View Post
    All the videos looks amazing!! Im not worried about how they look in videos. I thought the videos in Warhammer and SWTOR looked great as well. Its the "feel" I get when Im using my abilities. Sounds of the abilities need to be perfecly sync when the ability is used. The effect needs to happen right away unless it is a projectile that actually needs to travel a bit. Yes I understand combat in WOW felt boring and it was very easy mode, but after saying that, they got the combat responsiveness exactly right. When I stun someone in WOW I know they are stunned. When I Cast something in WOW, I feel it leave my hands. In other games, I dont. I just have to trust that it is being cast correctly.

All of the responses so far have me very excited. It seems as though Anet has the same feelings as me. That fact that they seemed to already have a responsive combat engine, and yet they just recently improved it to make it more so, is something that gets me extremely excited!!
    Yep, ANet has said countless times that they understand a developer only has one chance to impress in this MMO climate. This really is the only MMO I've come across where I can say with absolute certainty that they will not fail in their vision.