Thread: Bad timings..

10+ Year Old Account

Bad timings..

Uhm.. well i dont know how you could make a situation like bioware is in now even worse.. but they manged to do it..

We would like to thank each and every one of you for helping to make Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ one of the most successful MMO launches of all time. To show our appreciation, from now through March 19th, 2012, 12:01AM EST, we are rewarding early members of The Old Republic community with a unique Founder’s medal* and title.

Read More
    Forum thread

This after not rolling back the valor gain.. is probably the worste timing in MMO history.. the person who said lets post this really needs to see a docter..

Quote Originally Posted by schippie View Post
    Uhm.. well i dont know how you could make a situation like bioware is in now even worse.. but they manged to do it..

Forum thread

This after not rolling back the valor gain.. is probably the worste timing in MMO history.. the person who said lets post this really needs to see a docter..
    bad timing for what?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bad timing for talking up a game that "stands on the edge of a knife"?

You remind me of the people who claim Blizzard is panicing by making commercials.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    To post something when half the forums is burning down by an angry crowd:
    http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=197991&page=1

Deleted
    Heres the kicker, you have to purchase 1 month of sub time to get it, rofl.

"We know a shitload of you are leaving after the free month, so heres a title please stay"

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schippie View Post
    To post something when half the forums is burning down by an angry crowd:
    http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=197991&page=1
    It's propaganda at worst, honest at best.

I've never said this about a game before, but I expect the angry mob will calm down whenever version 2.0 comes out and suddenly ToR looks polished and the bugs are fixed.

Most of them have never played a new game before, their only experience being post-launch WoW.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

really displeased, its just a title anyway,

I really loved and enjoyed my way to level 50 but being 50 atm is bad and I dont feel paying another month to level a alt.

SWTOR its like one of those trips where the journey its better than the arrival

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blimey View Post

"We know a shitload of you are leaving after the free month, so heres a title please stay"
    Why would anyone leaving after the free month give a damn about a title in a game they aren't going to play. This has nothing to do with people supposedly quitting after the first month. It is a free reward for players that are playing the game at launch, nothing more, nothing less. Why is it that everyone has to be such a tinfoil hatter all the time? If you are seriously displeased with this game as you imply in every single post you make on this forum then quit. Stop playing. Simple as that. Why would you continue to play and post about a game that clearly you dislike, think is terrible, and is just a constant source of angst for you? Stop playing. Stop posting. Find a new hobby you actually enjoy.

As for this being bad timing, how? There are multiple teams of people doing stuff at Bioware. With the first true subscription month about to start, isn't this the perfect time to do this? Yes patch 1.1 came with some bugs. SURPRISE!!! It was a major content patch, that didn't see weeks on a PTR, and is the first patch from a company just starting out in the MMO world. If Blizzard, the best in the business by a mile, can't get patches 100% perfect and bans top guilds in the world due to bugs they missed did you honestly expect Bioware to get everything right on their first patch? They have already commented on the Valor issue. They are aware people exploited the bug and are taking the appropriate action. No one is getting away with everything. Everyone just needs to calm the hell down for a day or two and let them work stuff out. This is no different than all the sky is falling people yesterday when they delayed the patch for one day. Just chill and give them a chance to correct any bugs that popped up from this patch.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    This is a nice little thank-you to players who were obviously in it for the long haul, and stuck it out through the sometimes rough, but still comparatively smooth first months of the game.

The timing is only inconvenient if your biggest issue is PvP exploiting. Obviously that's not going to include every single player...
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

10+ Year Old Account
    I like my title and points. Thank you very much. I don't see why this is an insult. Do people even read Dev Messengers? There's going to be a fix for this tomorrow to help relieve the balance and lag by reducing amount of people on each server (ilum1 and ilum2, etc). Btw, I know for a fact you don't gain valor from the turrets since they have a huge buttload of HP and they respawn immediately after they break apart.

Then again, majority of posters are upset because of imbalance... that is all. One faction taking advantage of winning so much and raking up valor while the other side suffers. Not hard to fix when they can reduce the amount per ilum server so that it can produce some good impact pvp. For those that grinded up to level 60 valor, koodos to you but it doesn't seem like anyone was bitching when your losing often to Sith on your server in warzones (perhaps better COORDINATION/Organization!).

It bugs me that people who roll on pvp servers think they get what they want handed to them. In this case, better organized republic pvp guilds is the answer to stop the masses of the sith and their sorcerer ways. Im going to put up my guild's pvp video once we stop for the night and see its not that bad if people organize well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reiyu View Post
    I like my title and points. Thank you very much. I don't see why this is an insult. Do people even read Dev Messengers? There's going to be a fix for this tomorrow to help relieve the balance and lag by reducing amount of people on each server (ilum1 and ilum2, etc). Btw, I know for a fact you don't gain valor from the turrets since they have a huge buttload of HP and they respawn immediately after they break apart.

Then again, majority of posters are upset because of imbalance... that is all. One faction taking advantage of winning so much and raking up valor while the other side suffers. Not hard to fix when they can reduce the amount per ilum server so that it can produce some good impact pvp. For those that grinded up to level 60 valor, koodos to you but it doesn't seem like anyone was bitching when your losing often to Sith on your server in warzones (perhaps better COORDINATION/Organization!).

It bugs me that people who roll on pvp servers think they get what they want handed to them. In this case, better organized republic pvp guilds is the answer to stop the masses of the sith and their sorcerer ways. Im going to put up my guild's pvp video once we stop for the night and see its not that bad if people organize well.
    Faction balance isn't something Bioware can fix. They can fix it in bgs by allowing you to play your own faction, despite that making no sense in Ald or Void, but as far as world pvp goes they would have to choke out players to make up for the lack of Republic players which is only going to piss off even more people. Love the people who blame Bioware for faction imbalance when it is the players fault and only the players fault.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    when it is the players fault and only the players fault.
    But... I am a player and I am perfect. It cant be my fault... Therefore it must be biowares... right?

PS: My mom told me I am perfect and she wouldn't lie to me.

Also, I will be surprised if swtor doesn't dwindle down to 1.25 million players for a few months and then slowly rise over the next few patches and in 6 months has about 2.5 million. Then pandacraft will come out and ill drop to 1.75ish for a bit and then climb again to about 2 mill where it will hang with a solid core of players. It fills a niche and all you who think its going to evaporate over night are silly. A good deal of people like space/starwars stuff. They aren't going anywhere.
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2012-01-19 at 04:32 AM.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Reminds me of the special badge beta testers got in Guild Wars for their characters in live. I don't see how Bioware giving a title to the people who started at release and will continue playing is a bad idea. My enjoyment of the game hasn't been destroyed by the patch or what happened on Ilum. Exploiters will be there in every MMO in every patch, but the sun will still rise the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by Reiyu View Post

The turrets are fairly useless as well. This morning Dark Reaper had a zerg of 60+ Sith (this is normal for them) bum rush ten people in the Republic base and farm them on the medical droid.

Faction imbalance will destroy Illum, and considering every server is imbalanced, it's going to flop. In the coming days once it's re enabled, I expect throngs of sith waiting outside republic bases. Just stupid.

I can't log on the swtor forums while logged in game (VPN etc), can someone paste the source where BW said they won't rollback valor?

75% of the population roll Empire, and people blame Bioware for the trouble with open world PvP?
    If they instance it (ie Wintergrasp/TB) the same people will be complaining, I'm sure.

Join the zerg (Empire) or get zerged (Republic). Those are your options.
    Either way, don't blame Bioware because the player base decided they all wanted to play the same faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Surge View Post
    75% of the population roll Empire, and people blame Bioware for the trouble with open world PvP?
    If they instance it (ie Wintergrasp/TB) the same people will be complaining, I'm sure.

Either way, don't blame Bioware because the player base decided they all wanted to play the same faction.
    You can blame Bioware for not having the foresight. Honestly. WoW has gone through all these mishaps for 7 years. They've walked down the rocky road and they've cleared the path. Why is Bioware walking down the rocky road again when all the problems have already been solved? It is not our fault that our faction is smaller. Just because more people rolled Empire doesn't mean we don't get to enjoy our experience as much as they do. There should have been equal limits on the zone, much like WG or TB.

@Vizzle, I dont disagree that something needs to be done about it. I went out there today as Emp and there were about 6 allience being farmed by a large OP every time they spawned.

Static Caps MIGHT help, but if there is only 7 Rep players on the planet, does that mean there only gets to be 7 Emp players?

Quote Originally Posted by Surge View Post

There's a reason why a lot of people join Empire rather than Republic. Bioware only exacerbated it.

A sage has a gust of little rocks. An Inquisitor shoots Force Lightning.
    You could be trooper #93 whose only cool weapon is the lightning cannon. Or you could be Boba Fett complete with jetpack, rockets and flamethrower.
    You could be a jedi or you could be Darth Maul.
    The cinematics show how the Empire's resurgence demolished the Republic.

There are other things as well that add to the mentality that the Empire is cooler than the Republic.

Quote Originally Posted by Blimey View Post

Reminds me ... we know WoW is shit, here free D3, but subscribe for a year

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.