Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Consider it from your perspective - if you win you feel like you played better than them, that you deserved to win, and that you are now better than them. If you lose, you assume that either their class is overpowered, that they are better geared than you, or that you did something wrong, or that they got a lucky crit.

Consider it from their perspective - if they lose, they have to put up with you gloating (as you are doing here). What do they gain if you win? Nothing, your a BM hunter - you press all your burst dps cooldowns and either they die in the first 30 seconds or your dps vanishes and they win. What does BM need to do to be skilled? Do you need to juke interrupts, or death out of poly/blind/scatter, or line of sight effectively, do you need to coordinate CC chains, is there a trade-off to using cooldowns for defense or offense that you need to predict how the encounter will go in advance, or do you need to stutterstep to avoid enemy spellcasts? Here let me phrase it a better way for you:

As a BM hunter, do you need to think about *anything*? The answer is no, all of your dps cooldowns are best used as soon as they are available, you dont need to cc or play defensive, you dont need to coordinate, you dont need to react quickly and precisely with abilities that have cooldowns, you just make your pet red and spam your attacks as fast as possible (and I have an 85 BM hunter, but I don't think its skill to play it in pvp).

If a shadowpriest fights a disc priest, or a frost mage fights an affliction lock, or a subtlety rogue fights a dk or ret, or a warrior fights a shaman - these are duels where high degrees of skill and experience determine the winner. If a BM hunter fights anything, a high degree of skill and experience might help the other person beat the BM hunter - but more often its determined by gear and whether the other class has the survival cooldowns to outlast the BM's burst - and no skill is on the part of the BM hunter.

People don't want to duel you, because you an NPC with high dps and an ego that drops no loot.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by SkillOverKill View Post
    Consider it from your perspective - if you win you feel like you played better than them, that you deserved to win, and that you are now better than them. If you lose, you assume that either their class is overpowered, that they are better geared than you, or that you did something wrong, or that they got a lucky crit.

Consider it from their perspective - if they lose, they have to put up with you gloating (as you are doing here). What do they gain if you win? Nothing, your a BM hunter - you press all your burst dps cooldowns and either they die in the first 30 seconds or your dps vanishes and they win. What does BM need to do to be skilled? Do you need to juke interrupts, or death out of poly/blind/scatter, or line of sight effectively, do you need to coordinate CC chains, is there a trade-off to using cooldowns for defense or offense that you need to predict how the encounter will go in advance, or do you need to stutterstep to avoid enemy spellcasts? Here let me phrase it a better way for you:

As a BM hunter, do you need to think about *anything*? The answer is no, all of your dps cooldowns are best used as soon as they are available, you dont need to cc or play defensive, you dont need to coordinate, you dont need to react quickly and precisely with abilities that have cooldowns, you just make your pet red and spam your attacks as fast as possible (and I have an 85 BM hunter, but I don't think its skill to play it in pvp).

If a shadowpriest fights a disc priest, or a frost mage fights an affliction lock, or a subtlety rogue fights a dk or ret, or a warrior fights a shaman - these are duels where high degrees of skill and experience determine the winner. If a BM hunter fights anything, a high degree of skill and experience might help the other person beat the BM hunter - but more often its determined by gear and whether the other class has the survival cooldowns to outlast the BM's burst - and no skill is on the part of the BM hunter.

People don't want to duel you, because you an NPC with high dps and an ego that drops no loot.
    You my friend are my new hero

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyrtnap View Post
    You my friend are my new hero
    /highfive

^^
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

As a PvP prot paladin, I enjoy dueling hunters. It's all about people not wanting to duel a class that's their counter-class, because it's bad for the ego.

For me, if I beat a warrior, they pretty much just shrug because it's expected. If I beat a frost mage, they get a case of nerd-rage-induced Tourette's and talk about how OP prot is. Try seeking out classes that typically counter hunters and I bet you won't have people avoiding duels so much.
    Chronic Sufferer of A.D.H.L.A.S. (Attention Deficit Hey Look A Squirrel)

Quote Originally Posted by SkillOverKill View Post

Truer words have never been spoken (about bm hunters, that is).

A rogue should wreck a dk.

10+ Year Old Account
    You think people hate dueling you? I'm a mastery stacking PvE Blood Death Knight.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Seems like hunters really enjoy dueling warlocks.
    Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    You think people hate dueling you? I'm a mastery stacking PvE Blood Death Knight.
    That would be a bitch for the bm hunter . But I don't see a mm losing to that. A rogue however can kill any blood dk, it just takes a while (3-5mins, until everything is on CD). Even with full pve gear, they kinda live way too long for my taste.

Deleted
    BM hunters shows no feelings, thats one of the golden rules. Breaking rogues stun with BW, breaking frost mages CC with BW, ofcourse they will tell you that that spec you play is wrong!

You want to know what evil deeds ive done? Once as a warlock i ran around with inferno and hit the rogue out of stealth. You should have read the whispers i got.
    Last edited by mmoc664e732ce0; 2012-01-20 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Areox View Post
    In theory, if you look at the tool kit of the hunter, can beat any class 1v1. S
    In practice as well. Hunters are pretty much the strongest 1v1 class in the game if played very well going against exceptional players of other non-healer classes (yes, that includes tanks).
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Allot of people are just looking for a free win. The better you are, the less random people will stand a chance, so they'll avoid you.

However sometimes there's no point in fighting a duel, if you know no skill in the world will change the outcome of the fight.
    Like warrior vs blood dk.

Warrior vs mage I enjoy, even if the mage has an advantage.
    Warrior vs blood dk is not enjoyable, not only is the advantage absurd, it's basiclly getting killed by someone doing a pve rotation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    You want to know what evil deeds ive done? Once as a warlock i ran around with inferno and hit the rogue out of stealth. You should have read the whispers i got.
    Yeah but you'd understand why. People get pissed off when you don't follow arena rules. In arena you'd most likely have the rogue open on you, or the warrior charge you, hunter start from camo, mage out of invis and so on. Yeah you know the drill. Its common courtesy to not run up the the warriors ass so he can't charge, or run up to the rogue as the duel begins when he's about to go in stealth etc.

Same thing applies for flying mounts or nitro boosts that some people can't resist to use -.- Hunters especially will abuse the engineering things often when i duel them. And then we have to Lay on Hands/Army of the dead/heroism things aswell.

However, this is kinda two-sided. I was dueling a feral while still in my pve prot spec. Of course he'd run away and try reset on me several times. I mounted up on normal ground mount in duel, because thats what i'd do, and would be able to do, if it would have been in an arena. He'd be really mad. I also eat/drink in duels if they run away, because you'd be able to do that in arena aswell, and i don't blame them if people do it on me as i vanish on my rogue.

Secondly, i'd like all mages to quit whine when they lose in duels. I had one bugger whine his ass off on a paly that used lay on hands even though he lost(what would you expect?). I'd understand that would go against what i just wrote, but he would have such a little chance winning against the mage anyhow so there's no need to be serious about it. All casters that want serious duels, i'd offer to do a duel in a wargame, because that way, you'd have LoS as melee or whatever. That would also limit the paladin to not be able to Lay on Hands. Fair for everyone. Casters/kiters already got an upper hand in duels because of no LoS, so it's kinda lame that they have any major complaints when they counter melee already.

Easiest way around this is to speak about the rules beforehand, but people don't seem to wanna do that, and just rush into the duel, and then AFTERWARDS it suits to complain? Right -.-, i was trying to state the rules but you refused, i don't feel sympathy for you. I will use Lay on Hands versus a caster if my bubble is on CD, and i will state that beforehand. If you don't accept, then we can wait til' i'm ready. I won't use both however.

Thing about Lay on Hands is that it's not all that awesome, especially not vs casters. There are plenty of duels you'd want to bubble instead of LoH. Versus a warrior, LoH would be best, but versus a mage or enhancement for example, Bubble would be better. So i'd say it's okey to use one of them, just not both. But many don't accept this so it's kinda best to only use bubble to skip all the elitist-whine and another person on your /ignore-list.

I also like evening duels out if i see people doing it, say gear diffrences, then i buff the other guy who lost with my buff to see if it gets more even .

Oh yeah another thing. Was dueling a ret paladin on my lowlevel warrior in wotlk xpac or so, about level 27 so no intercept. He were a few levels over me. At the beginning of the duel he ran up to me hugging me and thus prevented my charge so i couldn't get rage, then i started whacking him without rage. He then lay on handed to survive used a pot later, and as i almost killed him the second time he got me. At that point he wrote "Rage is red, mana is blue. I lol at you." And told me i sucked, and i hadn't said a word yet. As i was going to respond in whisper, i was already ignored. Does anybody have an explanation to this sort of behavior? Where is our world going right now?
    Last edited by mmocdd0538594c; 2012-01-21 at 06:36 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ace of hoofs View Post
    normally play enhancement shaman, on which i consider hunter the easiest class to beat 1v1, no matter specc. so actually didnt know they were considered annoying xD
    This but as Ele, most hunters I've come up against 1v1 haven't been exactly testing..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wiep View Post
    Yeah but you'd understand why. People get pissed off when you don't follow arena rules. In arena you'd most likely have the rogue open on you, or the warrior charge you, hunter start from camo, mage out of invis and so on. Yeah you know the drill. Its common courtesy to not run up the the warriors ass so he can't charge, or run up to the rogue as the duel begins when he's about to go in stealth etc.
    Oh well heres a list of all the evil deeds ive done that ended up getting whispers: I think some are fixed now:

Knocked out stealthers in arena with inferno.

Typhooned stealthers out of stealth.

Used pounce on a hunter and summoned force of nature in arena.

In WOTLK a bladestormlolol warrior used bladestorm, i summoned my wolves on him and ran away. He raged so hard.

Hit a COSing rogue with moonfire a long time ago.

Planted shrooms in a triangle, got saped, trinketed, and detonated them so my rogue friend could get him.

Killed a warlock 1v1 in arena using only moonfire.

Summoned force of nature just when i got sapped ending up force of nature hitting rogue out of stealth.

Summoned force of nature on a rogue when he COSed and vanished and hit him out of stealth.

Used lay on hands on my paladin when a undead male rogue attacked me when i had 20% life left. Lol.

When a shaman thunderstormed me from the mount i fell down, a undead male rogue followed me down and laughed at me, he thought i would get crushed, i went bear form and charged on him just when i landed and owned him spiting on him all the time.

I get many negative whispers when i hot my moonkin up before dueling. Sigh.

I jumped around a undead male frost mage spamming moonfire while he couldnt do much things. If he cced me i used silence and typhoon. God the whispers i got. Lol at FOTM rerollers. They press 1,2,3 all the time but cant take a moonkin playing lame too?

I got a bit well known for my playstyle, as players ran away from me when i met them and refused to duel me due to my lame spec, or i mean, playstyle.
    Last edited by mmoc664e732ce0; 2012-01-21 at 02:53 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    Summoned force of nature just when i got sapped ending up force of nature hitting rogue out of stealth.

Summoned force of nature on a rogue when he COSed and vanished and hit him out of stealth.
    Yeah i've had that happen to me aswell. Back when starfall hit you out of stealth, and then i vanished and the treants hit me out of it so i didn't even get 1 opener. Yeah i was kinda pissed at that -.- But these were bugs, not your fault, and they have been corrected now aswell.

Deleted
    I just hate hunters in PvP, they are the most frustrating class to play against.

When playing some casual 2s (yes I know 2s don´t matter) there are so many braindead hunter+melee teams which just kill you in the opener, often with Vial of Balance. I´ve had games where my partner dies in a few seconds without even the melee connecting on him. When facing hunters on Ring of Valor it´s often an auto-loss. Not saying it has anything with balance to do, but dieing in a pounce to Feral/Hunter is simply no fun.

BM hunters.........they would get owned by their own pet in a duel if both was enraged, pretty much says how the duel is....

summon raid boss, tell raid boss to attack......sit back n relax