Lifting Update Thread. 40 pound gain.

Where I started (granted this pic was 2 years ago.. it was where I was at) 140 pounds.

170 pounds (latest update)

179 - 180 pounds

The last 10 pounds Ive gained has been hard as hell..since I was carb loading and not doing any cardio really I lost a little definition in my lower abs.. but thats a sacrifice you make when youre trying to gain hard weight.

End of Feb / Midd March is where Im going to start cutting carbs,doing a lot of cardio and lifting light / high reps to get cut up for the summer..

This was all over a year and a half span.
    Last edited by MailEnhancement; 2012-07-21 at 01:52 AM.

How come the tattoo swapped sides? mirror effect?

yea I took the one in the mirror and the other one my friend took.

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome man. That's impressive to see you do that in a year and a half. Takes a ton of dedication.

Thanks to Scythen for the sig

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good job man, jealous. Don't lift light though, you won't be putting enough stress on your muscle to help preserve them when you're cutting. Keep it heavy & in the 4-8 rep range. Good luck

Deleted
    Good job! I'm going to start working out soon too!

Im gonna just add some cardio in and do alot more abs to try and lose what ever fat I can.

Doing 'more abs' won't necessarily help. You should know by now that you can't spot train.

Without altering your diet, cardio is your best bet (on top of your current lifting regime of lifting heavy -- not light), as aerobic exercise tends to promote energy consumption from fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    Doing 'more abs' won't necessarily help. You should know by now that you can't spot train.

Without altering your diet, cardio is your best bet (on top of your current lifting regime of lifting heavy -- not light), as aerobic exercise tends to promote energy consumption from fat.
    yea you cant spot treat I know that... hence why I said "eliminate any fat I can". And I do just want some more definition in my abs and to get my bis and traps a bit bigger. If I can accomplish that by june ill be happy.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Compound lifts, acquire them. Oh, & dragon flags.

Okay So Im back a few months later...Im now 185 pounds...

Tryna get to 190 then just maintain.