Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Not likely, they aren't using a beta version of a single threaded engine. I expect it to be much more efficient.

Guild Wars 2 will be able to run on older machines with no issues. From what I have heard, the computers that they play the demos on have outdated graphics cards. It's what I heard, so I am not 100% how accurate that information is. Also, I believe I read somewhere that if you can run Guild Wars, you should have no problems running Guild Wars 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob from Accounting View Post
    Huh ? The swtor engine is poorly optimized 1st and foremost. I can run Skyrim on ultra and get 30 fps in warzones in swtor ?!? Please!
    If you can handle Skyrim, GW2 will be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

The first Guild Wars was honestly one of the most impressively optimised games I've ever played. I used to run it on my rubbish laptop without any issues. Hopefully the trend will continue in GW2.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkademic View Post
    The first Guild Wars was honestly one of the most impressively optimised games I've ever played. I used to run it on my rubbish laptop without any issues. Hopefully the trend will continue in GW2.
    That's what they're shooting for.

Supposedly, Anet are designing the game to run on older hardware. Also [as mentioned already] TOR has a poorly optimized engine. So I personally wouldn't really use TOR as a yardstick of great technical performance.*

I suspect at worse you;ll be able to run at low settings in GW2 with suc ha setup. Although constant hardware upgrades are part of the PC gaming cycle so we can only expect so much. Not every MMO is made to run on a calculator ala Warcraft.

*I have no issues or bugs in TOR. But it's clearly not optimized to the degree as mass market World of Warcraft. Not slamming TOR.