Spriest Dps Issues

Im having major dps problems on really all the fights except Madness, Spine, and Warmaster the multi dot fights. The other fights my dps is just trash. A little back story is i played my Spriest as my main for begging of cata through to the end of BoT and the others,and at the time one of the top Spriest DPS on the server. Quit when firelands came out, when firelands hit i know that they were hit with a nerf not exactly sure on what moves but i know dots were hit thats about it that i know of. I came back at the begging of DS and DK is my main now but Spriest is my main alt and I have fairly decent gear sitting at 391 as of tonight but my Dps is going no where.

Now the first thing i know alot of people say is DI is a massive dmg boost for us. The problem is there maybe like 5 locks on my server who play so DI is completly out of the question.

Here is my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...aannu/advanced

I know people will ask for Logs this is one from a pug i was in a couple of weeks ago with around the same gear have gotten a bit more since then tho.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/lz9s5g246dqxrc78/

The main thing i have gotten since that raid was i got my H legs tonight to get my 4 set. It may not show on armory yet of them on.

Another question i have about gearing is I got the H morcock shoulders tonight but i have looking for retard gloves of liquid smoke. And i have 397 tier gloves in bank should i got with 4 set with Tier shoulders and LFR liquid smoke or go with tier gloves and H morcock shoulders.

Main thing im wondering is am i reforging wrong or has the rotation changed at all from what it was back in BoT and BWD.

If you would like to know anything else will be happy to tell you.
    Last edited by Saanu; 2012-01-19 at 06:56 AM.

You're missing quite a few mindblasts..

You should be mind blasting ever 7.5~ to 8~ seconds. i was looking at your warlord parse (Typically i'd use ultraxion, but you died. Warlord is next best) and you missed around 6 potential mind blasts which is pretty big. Your SW count looks a bit too spot on, i'm not going to look through the logs and see when you were using it, but you are only using it under 25% right?

Dot uptimes seem find, mindflay percentage seems okay. You're missing a ton of raid buffs, which really takes its toll on shadow. Having the 3% damage buff from arcane or ret is really big, as is DI, and 10% spell damage from demo or ele. FM is rather big for shadow as well, but sort of hard to obtain.

Your reforging is a bit weird... i'd recommend using either the addon ReforgeLite, or wowreforge.com (For example, your DMC:V is reforged mastery to crit, when haste is a much better stat for you.)

I simmed your character and found the stat weights of 2.20 for haste, 1.73 for mastery, and 1.71 for crit. This is before your 4 set though, so mastery will be much higher than crit afterwards.

If you have tier gloves, and h morchoc shoulders, i would 100% suggest them over lfr gloves and 397 shoulders... higher item level should be a no-brainer, especially since the morchok shoulders have haste, and the tier ones don't

Thanks for the advice

And yea i only use SW at 25% or for instace like yorsag when running to an ooze.

And for the DMC I was looking through alot of the haste points in terms of an extra tick of DP or tick of VP and it seems that 32% is pretty much the cut off for that the next highest is 43% i belive which is realisticly not possible unless like rediculus haste stacking and DI and stuff. And sim was saying crit was higher then mastery for why it was reforged to that.

---------- Post added 2012-01-19 at 12:05 PM ----------

The main thing i feel im missing is somthing with mastery i belive it is a massive increase with 4 pieace have looked through alot of the top Spriests and there all mastery stacking sitting at like 19 to 20 mastery is this with 4 pieace.

15+ Year Old Account
    Mastery is good, but top spriests aren't stacking mastery to maximize dps on all fights - you are seeing that because for Spine of deathwing the only dps that matters is your tendon dps - if you save Archangel and Shadowfiend for tendon, pop both of them so you have tons of orbs, and then spam MSx3/MB mastery is far and away the best for that short time - its similar with elemenetium bolt dps for madness.

So just because top spriests are doing it, doesn't mean its right for you on the progression you are on - haste is still your best stat (and its theirs too, they just dont care about their dps outside of their burst because otherwise they'll be replaced with a mage or rogue who can burst better than them).
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

The only fights that mastery is good for are Zon'ozz, Hagara, Ultraxion and Spine.

You should change your enchants around. Get 50 Intellect to bracers, Lavawalker to boots and Greater Mastery to gloves. These are all DPS gains for you. Your haste doesn't have to be that high to pull decent numbers. Another thing I'd also change is your enchant to your chest and also the gem in your belt socket to 40 intellect. There's no reason to put a 20 int 20 haste in a prismatic socket.

For multi dot fights I highly recommend Forte Exorcist. It's amazing for multidot tracking and it'll help you out in the long run on fights like Madness and Blackhorn.

What I'm noticing on Blackhorn is that your Dot Uptime is not significant. It's fairly low especially for a fight with 4 targets that you can dot up. You should be dotting up everything you can and making sure you're dotting it up when they fall off. Refreshing SW:P with MFlay can also be a DPS increase if you're having mana problems casting so many dots.

Also, why did you Mindspike Blackhorn? You shouldn't touch mindspike at all unless you're killing a sapper.
    Vyroxx @ Mal'Ganis

Will definetly change some of the enchants around and yes the I belive that was the one week where my DBM was being gay and not showing me timers for disrupting shout and i would get hit by but i could still use MS so would spam it until other moves come up other then that i never us MS.

The biggest thing i want to know is if im missing somthing major i feel i have the gear i have the gear somewhat reforged right solid stats but my dps is just crap i mean I know DI is like a 4k dps increase but i just feel im missing somthing big.

10+ Year Old Account
    For what it's worth, I have never been of the camp that thinks being under hit cap is okay. I know you're off by just a touch, but I would change that first and foremost.