Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    On a super positive note. An older interview saying that you can cross the entire world without ever hitting a loading screen! I would guess that means no loading screens between regions either, especially considering that its an older video. Wouldn't think they would downgrade as time goes on.

http://gw2.onlinewelten.com/articles...interview.html

EDIT. Nevermind, found link through a GW2guru post and it seems that the person that posted added onto the quote about loading screens...
    Last edited by Fernling306; 2012-01-20 at 10:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernling306 View Post
    On a super positive note. An older interview saying that you can cross the entire world without ever hitting a loading screen! I would guess that means no loading screens between regions either, especially considering that its an older video. Wouldn't think they would downgrade as time goes on.

http://gw2.onlinewelten.com/articles...interview.html
    Maybe I'm missing something. Where does it say that? Looked through the two pages and the closest thing I found to your statement was them saying there's little to no loading screens when 'hopping back and forth' short distances.
    Also known as Welcome on the WoW forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Zed View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something. Where does it say that? Looked through the two pages and the closest thing I found to your statement was them saying there's little to no loading screens when 'hopping back and forth' short distances.
    http://www.guildwars2guru.com/forum/...med-t6733.html

post #9
    I thought the whole quoted part was the quote hehe. I was wrong.

I don't mind loading between regions. I don't see it being much different than loading from eastern kingdoms to outlands or taking a boat between continents in azeroth. It's obviously much more open than EQ ever was with loading screens between every single zone and maybe a little less open than WoW. Either way the world is persistent and from the videos I have seen it looks like exploring the world will be quite fun and beautiful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Compared to WoW, zones in SWTOR started to feel claustrophobic to me. A lot of it may depend on the layout, size, and openness of each zone, but I have some apprehension in waiting to see how this will work out in GW2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Zed View Post
    Compared to WoW, zones in SWTOR started to feel claustrophobic to me. A lot of it may depend on the layout, size, and openness of each zone, but I have some apprehension in waiting to see how this will work out in GW2.
    Go to Hoth and Tattooine.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Go to Hoth and Tattooine.
    I never got to Hoth, but Tattooine was just mostly empty with everything focused on select areas. It also felt terribly artificial that the only way to travel between some of the sub-zones of Tattooine was by taking the taxi; it would not let me try to run between them.

It may have technically been a more open space than the city planets were, but it still felt just as limiting as to what I can actually do in that space.