Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Whilst it was good. I wouldn't say it was the best ever.

You could see the guy wasn't stacked up a few seconds before it was going to happen and he already had the guy targeted so all he had to do was press his keybinding. Most players with good situational awareness would have realised he wouldn't be stacked up moments before he would be knocked off and react accordingly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    a few times I have life gripped guildies that stand on the red circles on the trash just before Ragnaros. Usually you get thrown up and then thrown sideways so you end up in lava, I just manage to life grip them before the knockback
    That isn't that hard though, you can grip the tank on zon trash aswell when he gets thrown away, looks quite epic.

Best grip i've had is Arathi Basin@LM where I lifegripped a dk just as an enemy elemental shaman used thunderstorm to blow the dk over the edge, the dk meanwhile used deathgrip. Result was that the elemental shaman fell off while the DK and I stood back laughing our asses off.

A week or so ago on the new BH boss, the other priest in my raid lifegripped the person with the searing hatred (w/e it's called) out of the raid, causing them to die instantly
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    Whilst it was good. I wouldn't say it was the best ever.

You could see the guy wasn't stacked up a few seconds before it was going to happen and he already had the guy targeted so all he had to do was press his keybinding. Most players with good situational awareness would have realised he wouldn't be stacked up moments before he would be knocked off and react accordingly.
    Can clearly see that a hideous amalgamation was targeted the whole time. Was done via mousing over the player as they flew away.

I did that once too... our tank wasn't stacked, so I was going to pull him to stack with us, but I messed up a bit with the keys (I hardly ever have to use life grip) and when I pulled he was already flying out, but he still came back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    i enjoy life gripping people into hagaras ice walls from time to time
    I do this in LFR to guildies since a lot of us will queue together, it's so much fun!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by T Man View Post
    "oh look at me, I'm so good at grieving others I should get a medal." I never understood these people or the ones who find it funny, but I guess we can't all be decently raised.

OMG priest who actually uses Life Grip to help the raid instead of pulling people into stuff that will kill you. This is actually the worst utility spell blizz has made. Ppl only ever use it to kill ppl.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    That isn't that hard though, you can grip the tank on zon trash aswell when he gets thrown away, looks quite epic.

Best grip i've had is Arathi Basin@LM where I lifegripped a dk just as an enemy elemental shaman used thunderstorm to blow the dk over the edge, the dk meanwhile used deathgrip. Result was that the elemental shaman fell off while the DK and I stood back laughing our asses off.
    I wish the game's programming allowed MY deathknight to deathgrip while jumping/falling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiraden View Post
    I wish the game's programming allowed MY deathknight to deathgrip while jumping/falling.
    Lag fixes that ^^...

Lag fixes that ^^...
    Haha, I'll have to install some more lag in my system!

On a side note, my comment was only mean to be semi-sarcastic I'm not saying that what you described didn't happen, because I've seen some messed up stuff happen in this game, particularly in pvp, where mechanics shouldn't allow them to, but none of that cool stuff ever happens to me.

I saw an epic lifegrip win a WSG few weeks back. Match was 1-0 for the horde and our fc was in our room with a last ditch zerg on him. He had enough debuffs on him to fill a raid boss, basically every slow in the game. A rogue on our team said get ready to cap, killed their fc and returned the flag, priest on our team ran to the spawn and lifegripped our fc to him and the game ended 1 second after capping. Since we got the last cap, we won.

Yes, it was a measly, worthless WSG, one of millions of matches, but the epic back and forth of an evenly matched team made the win spectacular, I was so stoked. Bg chat was filled with cheering where normally everyone is insulting each other. Still puts a smile on my face, I'd lost every bg that day so logging off on a good note was mandatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiraden View Post
    Haha, I'll have to install some more lag in my system!

On a side note, my comment was only mean to be semi-sarcastic I'm not saying that what you described didn't happen, because I've seen some messed up stuff happen in this game, particularly in pvp, where mechanics shouldn't allow them to, but none of that cool stuff ever happens to me.
    Those are always hilarious. When I was playing a Mage a long time ago, I managed to Spellsteal Blink from another Mage once which ended with me accidentally running off a cliff in Arathi Basin, since it gives you a buff for like a tenth of a second when you Blink > <
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Yomirizer View Post
    OMG priest who actually uses Life Grip to help the raid instead of pulling people into stuff that will kill you. This is actually the worst utility spell blizz has made. Ppl only ever use it to kill ppl.

Sadly this is true. THe spell is so damn amazing when used for good, But we actually had a guy ninja pull a boss then rage quit the guild after being lifegrip trolled on run backs between wipes. (in my old guild)

10+ Year Old Account

Doubt it, you can't use Death grip while moving, plus i've tried that same move ( the jump off and deathgrip someone with you ) it doesn't work, since your moving

I definitely saw someone set up an epic lifegrip gank in Org, only to be foiled by another priest in his group seeing the lifegrip go off and using one of his own to save the guy.

Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2012-01-21 at 06:39 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsAlwaysSunnyInIllidan View Post
    Sadly this is true. THe spell is so damn amazing when used for good, But we actually had a guy ninja pull a boss then rage quit the guild after being lifegrip trolled on run backs between wipes. (in my old guild)
    T11 was so bad for the rest of our raid. We had just gotten Lifegrip and made our new priest channel to coordinate the grief. The run back on V&T heroic was especially fun, as the mages would blink/rocket jump/slowfall to make it down the staircase quickly. And usually there would be a priest to go "NOPE". We made them so grumpy. We also used our 10min breaks on Sinestra progression to kill as many people as possible. >.>

But, there was also a great comic from H Ascendant Council progression...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Castozor View Post
    "oh look at me, I'm so good at grieving others I should get a medal." I never understood these people or the ones who find it funny, but I guess we can't all be decently raised.
    I think you've missed the point... When people are doing Rag hc pre nerf and Spine heroic and so on, noone would dare mess around during progress meaning they've already killed it. After that, nothing wrong with playing with your new spells and having some fun. They were wiping anyway, so does it matter if that sorta stuff happens?

You're not a real tank until you call for a life grip, whilst tanking a cleaving mob, and proceed to watch the priests head fall off should he not be fast enough.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

LOL @ one day in bastion