Poll: Will you play F2P aion?

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Newbryn View Post
    I Just started playing it myself and I'm actually loving it, don't get the hate surrounding it shit is legit.
    It was MUCH rougher at launch and had a nasty grind. They've really turned it into a top level MMO in the past few years though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    It was MUCH rougher at launch and had a nasty grind. They've really turned it into a top level MMO in the past few years though.
    Ah I see I personally didn't try i t when it 1st came out because of still being subbed to wow, then I forgot about and went to playing rift for a while instead.

Yea, and they revamped the engine as well. Runs a lot smoother now than before w/ better lighting effects.

Just re-started playing. Played at launch, didn't have time for 2 MMOs back then. Having a fantastic time now. Totally my type of MMO.

Yeah, I have a few irl friends who have migrated from WoW, the only thing they've found issues with are the 'Hamsters With Shriner Hats That Sell Stuff (Shugos)'

They're having a blast, though, which is cool, cause it was boring at times not having anyone irl to talk to about Aion.

I rerolled a Cleric to level with one of them (3/4 of them only care about PvP, so I'm levling with the PvEer), and I'm surprised how fun it is. I'm only level 14, but I've been having a blast, and I like being able to heal through mistakes instead of running back from a Soul Healer.

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

Deleted
    I started playing again once it became F2P.

I'd played on initially release, getting my cleric to level 42, but since that time I'd forgotten how to play.

So i started up a second cleric - remembering the area's and the quests I did back in 2009...but a couple of weeks later, I just kind of stopped. Maybe it's because I was thinking about what I did with my guild (legion) first time around and how I'll most likely not that that again.

10+ Year Old Account
    looking for my dam game disk to isntall then update the game. can't wait.. give to start a new(well new since so many shit update/addded sinc elast play) again for free.

i tried aion when it first was launched. now i will have to give it more of a chance now since it is FTP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Has anyone else been through this instance at 56-60? Recently I tried it and I'm quite happy with the difficulty they've brought up in the instance, especially the Illusionist boss. But then you get to the last boss, Raksha... The amount of wipes are endless, does anybody else agree that the boss is a little overtuned? The damage is massive, the exploding small boulders are easily avoided but then you have this huge earthquake ability that is difficult to avoid and takes off half your health and it doesn't help considering there is constant damage happening, for every player in the group. I'm hoping they lower the damage slightly. If I remember correctly it's supposed to be a leveling instance, gear as you level up, it feels like an end-game instance rather than a leveling one.
    Yes I just did my first run through Raksang yesterday, and I was level 60 by Friday night. I think I had the advantage of having played for the past month and a half and having picked up Udas gear to heal in, but yes, it was difficult. We had four people in the group that hadn't been in there before, and every boss pretty much drained my mana pool no matter how much I micromanaged it. Took us about 4 wipes on Raksha before we killed it and that was just barely. I'd be happy if they lowered the damage a little bit for that instance specifically...we ended up getting through it by having me spam the tank pretty much solely except for an occasional aoe heal, and having the chanter heal everyone else while the dps tried to dodge rocks.