Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by iCandy View Post
    Can I get a link to this video? Because I don't feel like Diablo is dark enough. Having played both Diablo 1 and 2, and the Diablo 3 Beta..D3 is definitely brighter and more cartoony than past Diablo's.
    there was a thread with some link to a guy who made a filter to make D3 MUCH darker, ofc it was only a joke but still check it out

Just watched it..not that dark imo. You're getting old.

Please please please tell me that you're not referring to the video above?

There is absolutely nothing dark about it, it's something my 5 year old could easily watch haha. If you think that is dark I could point to some places on the internet that would probably make you sick.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alms1407 View Post
    Please please please tell me that you're not referring to the video above?

There is absolutely nothing dark about it, if you think that is dark I could point to some places on the internet that would probably make you sick.
    That's the only video I found that matched the OP's description. I haven't a clue what's dark about it. The snakes at the end of the video writhing on the victims? Even that looks more comical than dark...

Or maybe I'm just twisted and heading straight for hell...

Deleted
    the only think I do not like is the snake dart that has a kinda of.. weird graphical effect. >.>

lol, the WD looks awesome.

10+ Year Old Account

disturbing, indeed....
    I´m a little more provocative than you might be.
    It´s your shock and then your horror on which I feed.
    So can you tell me what exactly does freedom mean,
    if I´m not free to be as twisted as I wanna be?

My plan is to make a Witch Doctor first, simply because he looks amazingly fun with his mechanics.

Do want!

Thanks to Elyaan for the great sig!

Can someone tell me what was so disturbing about the video? It was a guy using blowdarts...

Quote Originally Posted by blaqkmagick View Post
    Can someone tell me what was so disturbing about the video? It was a guy using blowdarts...
    Pretty sure he/she finds the ending gross/dark. Where the snakes stick to their faces and eat their way in then continue to wiggle and squirm after the mobs are dead.

Dunno..maybe they never ever saw the original Diablo games because this is nothing.

"Serpent and the Rainbow"....

What are you talking about? I'm so confused. It's too dark, because of snakes and rainbows?

Why, you just need to throw in some four leaf clovers and you would have a delicious bowl of crappy kids cereal.
    Let's turn the Night into Tomorrow

>dark
    >Witch Doctor being black

icwutudidthar

Quote Originally Posted by Sorceress View Post
    I just watched the poison dart video on the Diablo fans front page. I'm beginning to have doubts on whether I want to purchase this game or not, it was all a bit too Serpent and the Rainbow which is great if you like that sort of thing, I found my self thinking what kind of people would want experience that level of darkness? I think I'm getting old.
    I've heard Hello Kitty Online has more light colors

Quote Originally Posted by tomehere View Post
    "Serpent and the Rainbow"....

What are you talking about? I'm so confused. It's too dark, because of snakes and rainbows?

Why, you just need to throw in some four leaf clovers and you would have a delicious bowl of crappy kids cereal.
    He's referring to the movie The Serpent and the Rainbow (very very very loosely based on a true story... very loosely). The movie revolves around voodoo practitioners. Voodoo in itself has some basis partially from african tribal shamanism stuff. And its that african tribal shamanism stuff that the witch doctor more resembles than anything westernly deemed as "dark".

In the beta, much of the dialog of the witchdoctor revolves around compassion with death and spiritualism in the mythos of the game world... something similar to D2's necromancer stuff if you've read any of the novels.

Deleted
    diablo 3 is already pussified compared to diablo 1 and 2.

You're getting to old.

15+ Year Old Account
    someone post some screenshots of the torture rooms in D2, gallons of blood on the floor, heads on spikes. Or a video of a unburried exploding and tons of snakes or body parts or imps coming out of it. All the diablo games have been in this vain, this one is actually less, its been toned down for other markets.

how can anyone even understand what the OP is saying? its like you used google translate or something.

like wtf is
    it was all a bit too Serpent and the Rainbow
    Battlemaster Ralamus (retired rogue)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    First people call Diablo 3 "land of rainbows" and now this? Make your mind.
    They are different people. How can they make their minds? OP didn't called D3 land of rainbows. How can he make his mind? l2logic

---------- Post added 2012-02-10 at 11:19 AM ----------

The Darkness II is way darker. And still too light for my rotten soul. :/

The only thing I found disturbing about the Witch Doctor is his poison frogs....I mean in seriousness, blizzard art team can do much better than 8 bit frog image. On top of that it's an RNG on the direction of they are going. It would be nice if they actually seek their target. Not to mention the character itself is VERY VERY DISTURBING. It's like an adult GOLLUM.

Yeah i wonder why a Witch Doctor in a game called Diablo doesn't fart rainbows of pinky cupcakes and rides purple unicorns.

Blizzard really messed up this time.