Deleted

profit from transmog

i tried searching but couldnt find the post, though i know there are some posted on these forums i still couldn't find them since im to much of a noob

anyway i was wondering how much gold you've made from selling items for transmog and what items do you sell

i managed to get a couple items for 300g and sell them for 2k

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, there's stuff like Teebu's Blazing Sword which already was highly desired and awesome, which easily quadrupled in AH price.

Havent found one yet though. Still trying to sell my Blade of Hanna so I can afford to buy a Reins of Poseidus.
    Last edited by Chonar; 2012-07-31 at 12:15 PM.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

I'm generally one of those suckers who plays in MogIt for 2 hours making up cool sets then goes to the AH to buy the level 30 green world drops. So I'd say I've made about negative 15k by now.

I run a lot of old raids for my own transmoggable stuff, but the greens that drop go for stupid expensive amounts, like 2-3k specially the stuff that looks rather revealing on female toons. Just all depends on what drops and what it goes for on your server. Easy money every week.
    Last edited by Fabled; 2012-07-31 at 12:47 PM.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

I found that selling Katanna's and Asian variety swords sell well. Mage hats sell well. Mostly shoulders, pants and helmets and maybe chest pieces. I've also found that its getting harder to move the stuff and you have to sell it for much less than 6 months ago.

It's a very volatile and unpredictable market from what I've found. Basically trawling through the AH finding pretty (subjective) looking items to flip for a large gold amount. Quite a few sites have popular sets a lot of people are after would be your best place to start too.

I luckily won the roll on the BOE Scarlet Monestry Mail Chest. Surprised nobody rolled need especially with no Mail users in the group. I went to AH and two were up for +2800 gold. I loaded mine at a cut price 2000 due to being level 39 and my only toon on the realm with 150g to my name, so figured 2k would be ample to get me started. It hasn't sold yet.
    WHEN I POST IN CAPS CURSE SPEAK FOR ALL PALADINS AND REFRAIN FROM PUNCTUATION EXCEPT AT THE END OF MY SENTENCE WHERE I USE EXTRA YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH MY LOGIC!!!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I just sold a cloth waist-piece for 400g

That's about it, I'm afraid.

i gave a few people extra profit from selling items i wanted for transmog. they were selling them for 2g~10g. and gave them 1000g for thank you

Deleted
    Sold a couple of hundred Imperial Plate set. Easy money.
    Various weapons sell quite good aswell.

Deleted
    Green quality plate items seem to be the best money makers, i'm not sure if this is different in the case of other servers. But I have cumulatively made about 25k-30k from selling items for between 500g-2k (depending on the item slot and from which set its from) since the the release of the patch.

I volunteer myself to take friends alts (between the upper level 40s and lower 60s) under the terms that I take any of the greens that drop and sell them along. With a little luck, a good hour or so worth of farming gives a nice few greens. As well as a very satisfied friend!

10+ Year Old Account
    On a somewhat related note, has anyone managed to identify any panda NPC's on the beta that look particularly amazing in certain gear sets? It might be worth getting the jump on farming some of them for when MoP launches and people want their pandas to look good from the get-go.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

I have noticed items like the glorious set, saltstone set, chief brigadier and other such plate/mail bikini type items going for quite a bit on the AH.

Transmog gear was certainly selling well for me for a while.

It was actually surprisingly simple to make money with. Mostly I would just scan the AH a couple of times a day, and collect various items that were priced cheaply until there was a complete set. Then I would try and sell the set either over trade or the AH. The plate bikinis sold well, of course, but it was often hard to find all the pieces before others marked them up. I think there were a couple of sets that I sold for about 2,500g; mostly though it was like 500g or so for something a little less in demand like the aurora cloth set or something. Not too shabby really, and it got me out of making glyphs for a while which was much appreciated.

I haven't actually sold anything for transmog. I just vendor the gear that i usually get from dungeons so I may have waisted some money there but I never really liked selling items for transmog because it can be very unreliable. I prefer to sell ores, herbs and gems since they are always in demand.