Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation [US] McDonalds to charge $1.50 extra for African Americans? O.o

Apparently this maccas is charging all african american that come in an extra 1.50 per transaction cause of a string of robberies.

Surely this cant be serious?
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Um... I'm no law student, but I'm pretty sure that this is highly legal...

EDIT: Its fake apparently: http://eater.com/archives/2011/06/13...-150-extra.php
    Last edited by Patrickstarr; 2012-01-22 at 01:27 AM.

Not only is that hilariously illegal, it's also most likely completely fake, given the fact that it's a sign printed out on standard printer paper and taped up with masking tape. Don't believe everything you see/read on the Internet.

it's taped to the outside. fake.

Deleted
    that cant be serious, other wise, sue them and be millionere..

Reminds me of some "playland" refusing to let in Somalia people in my country, because they always seemed to cause trouble. Its their shop, their rules. If people don't like it they can eat somewhere else I guess.

Edit: found the article and pushed it through google-translate.
    http://translate.google.com/translat...2%2F162940.htm
    Last edited by Nelle; 2012-01-22 at 01:28 AM.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

Deleted
    is that just the one store i am guessing?

its a stupid idea imo, if they were stealing how is jacking the prices up for them gonna change it?
    a
    h, its fake, good to hear!

its on the outside of the door lol, dead give away, twas a prank

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrickstarr View Post
    Um... I'm no law student, but this CAN NOT be legal...
    Surely hope not, that would be a huge profit loss
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

I sense a disturbance in the Force.

EDIT: Well, good to know it's fake, if that was real, it would have caused a serious crapstorm like no other.

Deleted
    this is bogus

Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    Its their shop, their rules.
    Not really. Stores in the US are not sovereign countries capable of creating their own laws and ignoring the laws of the outside world. In any case, it's fake.

While this is absolutely unjust, and just plain wrong, I believe it IS legal. However, my knowledge only stems from private establishments, not giant restaurant chains. So, it may be against the rules for a McDonalds to do that, but it is not against the law for an establishment to deny entry to any given person, for whatever reason. It's their own property, and they have the right to choose who comes in and who comes out. However, this particular McDonalds is not privately owned, so there could be some trouble for the manager, and most likely a lawsuit if an individual so chooses.
    d=(^_^)z

a decently made fake, I can only imagine the number of apologies they had to make after ripping that down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I am serious, and don't call me shirley

Is this true, or a photoshop? OR has someone just put it up, taken a picture and then taken it down.

If it's in a predominantly black community they probably won't care, if it's real in a standard society well..it's McDonalds their legacy is too big to ever have some knock on effect from this.

Quote Originally Posted by Alahondor View Post
    While this is absolutely unjust, and just plain wrong, I believe it IS legal. However, my knowledge only stems from private establishments, not giant restaurant chains. So, it may be against the rules for a McDonalds to do that, but it is not against the law for an establishment to deny entry to any given person, for whatever reason. It's their own property, and they have the right to choose who comes in and who comes out. However, this particular McDonalds is not privately owned, so there could be some trouble for the manager, and most likely a lawsuit if an individual so chooses.
    Discrimination based on race is illegal everywhere in the US, both private and public. Still fake either way.

Not only is this fake, but it's several years old.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

fake, if they were really worried about robberies they would install bullet shields around the counters. lot of restaurants in la have em.