Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    do you hold the most freedom captive?
    Yes, we have him locked up in a secret CIA torture prison in the fjords or Norway.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

15+ Year Old Account
    Americans have more freedom than Iranians, but they don't have as much as they believe/project to, media and propaganda goes a long way. No-one would care if the nation's motto didn't include the words liberty and freedom.

The UK isn't much better, but we don't claim to be on a high horse. Personally I get the impression central/western Europe has the most freedom, Germany particularly (huh huh irony).
    Last edited by xenaros; 2012-01-20 at 10:13 AM.
    The Allies would've definitely lost World War II if the Horde had taken part

Quote Originally Posted by chriscadaver View Post
    wow, this is so stupid... Are you from Holland? I am guessing this by the way you say "We have a smaller prieson population..." "Holland even have legalized drugs" if this is the casse. Yes Americans prison population is higher, the countries population dwarfs Hollands, probably by something stupid like 10 - 1 (yess i pulled that figure out of my ass). Holland has legalized weed? Yes.. So do many states in america, yes sure, you may need a medical card but you can pretty much buy one of those from a doctor for around $80 then your good to go. I will also hazard a guess that all the states in America combined that has medical weed also dwarfs the size of Holland.

Your arguements are pathetic, stupid and basically make you look like an ignorant brat.

and no, I am not American nor do i live in America.
    No i am not from holland and where i am from is right below my avatar... The US prison population dwarfs any other country by both percent and amount... They have more prisoners than China...

Also weed is illegal in the US by federal law and while medical weed is "allowed" in some states you could be arrested at any moment for possession if they on a whim chose to enforce it...

wow, this is so stupid... Are you from Holland? I am guessing this by the way you say "We have a smaller prieson population..." "Holland even have legalized drugs" if this is the casse. Yes Americans prison population is higher, the countries population dwarfs Hollands, probably by something stupid like 10 - 1 (yess i pulled that figure out of my ass). Holland has legalized weed? Yes.. So do many states in america, yes sure, you may need a medical card but you can pretty much buy one of those from a doctor for around $80 then your good to go. I will also hazard a guess that all the states in America combined that has medical weed also dwarfs the size of Holland.

Your arguements are pathetic, stupid and basically make you look like an ignorant brat.

Maybe learn where Kopenhagen is at?
    Maybe learn the difference between %'s and totals?
    Realise that total legalisation is different from a card?

If that guys comments were ignorant, then yours make you look stupid.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

First of all, it's called The Netherlands - not Holland. Secondly, where do you think that fine quality weed given out under medical permits comes from?

That's right, us.
    Last edited by Shâréz; 2012-01-20 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolson13 View Post
    Maybe learn where Kopenhagen is at?
    Maybe learn the difference between %'s and totals?
    Realise that total legalisation is different from a card?

If that guys comments were ignorant, then yours make you look stupid.
    Those who have a modicum of knowledge of basic things would understand it and the rest wouldnt be persuaded otherwise either way

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shâréz View Post
    First of all, it's called The Netherlands - not Holland. Secondly, where do you think that fine quality weed you give out under medical permits comes from?

That's right, us.
    Oh by gosh golly you sure showed us how awesome you are, you got pot! It's not like every dip can't grow that in their back-yard.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Oh by gosh golly you sure showed us how awesome you are, you got pot! It's not like every dip can't grow that in their back-yard.
    Actually, the strands developed in the Netherlands were the first that can be grown in doors, are much stronger and pretty much eradicated outdoor growing.

Furthermore, if you think you can grow good weed, corn, vegatables or any other crops when you are a dipshit you really don't know what agriculture entails lol.

I think this belief comes more from the observation of what the government has done in the past to get a tighter grip on us. The fear these people express is not of us having no freedom in the present but of having none in the future.
    Last edited by Saisen; 2012-01-20 at 10:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolson13 View Post
    Furthermore, if you think you can grow good weed, corn, vegatables or any other crops when you are a dipshit you really don't know what agriculture entails lol.
    Sarcasm foo. Yeah, knowing what you're doing helps, but Marijuana is called "weed" for a reason, give it good dirt and lots of water and you can't stop it.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post
    Anyone else get really pissed off when you hear someone say this?

With all this SOPA/PIPA crap going on, more and more idiots on facebook/etc keep on saying "I thought we had freedom in America..." or "The Gov't takes away all our freedom", and my only response is always:

If you think Americans have no freedom, go to Iran, go to Syria, China or North Korea. You'll be begging for American freedom in a day.

Anyone else have opinions on this?
    Obviously you have more "rights" than those countries, but rights is just an idea, a privilege. The goverment can remove those privileges at any moment if they like it. Just look at the news or history then you know its true America seems like many other countries to be obsessd with getting more and more "security", security that slowly but steady ships away their rights to privacy, for the illusion of "security". I dont think this is a healthy evulution, but thats just my opinion

Sarcasm foo. Yeah, knowing what you're doing helps, but Marijuana is called "weed" for a reason, give it good dirt and lots of water and you can't stop it.
    If you don't take pride in your work and try to basically ruin any decent profit or only need a little for yourself then yes, that is what you do. But anyway, I don't want to derail things.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not in the busisnes of bashing countries or making others seem totaly awesome. Personaly, I am against weed and other form of drugs.

The fact is that (let's put it in common language here) BECAUSE OF OUR FREEDOMZ in terms of (soft) drug legislation we have developed quality strands of weed that is exported around the world and used for purposes so that people who can actualy benefit from it don't have to pay a retarded price for a crap and often unsafe product.

think it fits here too "it's called the american dream because you have to be asleep to believe it" - george carlin. just watch some of his shows and youd know whats wrong in america and the loss of ur oh so precious freedroms
    Last edited by Kieke; 2012-01-20 at 10:27 AM.
    <<insert funny stuff here>>

Quote Originally Posted by Krunsh View Post
    We Americans have plenty of freedoms, But every year, We seems to be slowly losing more and more of it. It is getting to the point it doesn't even feel like America anymore. I wanted to protest Sopa/Pipa at my town hall But If I had, I COULD have been arrested regardless of my right to free speech.
    Sorry, as much as the media would love you to believe the hype....people don't just get arrested for protesting. There is always another reason that gets conveniently left out. Usually the protestors breaking a law or several of them.

I'm not in the busisnes of bashing countries or making others seem totaly awesome. Personaly, I am against weed and other form of drugs.

The fact is that (let's put it in common language here) BECAUSE OF OUR FREEDOMZ in terms of (soft) drug legislation we have developed quality strands of weed that is exported around the world and used for purposes so that people who can actualy benefit from it don't have to pay a retarded price for a crap and often unsafe product.
    And the fact that this technique can (they are trying at least) be copied into eddible crops which makes an American company unhappy since they are the largest supplier of farmfertilisers and heavily invested in gentechnology which they are testing in Africa (ghana amongst others) since they are illegal to be tested in the US. That is what I happen to know

Deleted
    First of all, it's called The Netherlands - not Holland. Secondly, where do you think that fine quality weed given out under medical permits comes from?

That's right, us.
    You know, its pretty common that people call the entire country Holland instead of The Netherlands. So its not wrong, even if Holland is not the entire country itself So dont bash people for something stupied like that :/

Quote Originally Posted by Herethebeef View Post
    Sorry, as much as the media would love you to believe the hype....people don't just get arrested for protesting. There is always another reason that gets conveniently left out. Usually the protestors breaking a law or several of them.
    like... littering?

Deleted
    1. "Freedom" and "privacy" are two entirely different things. There are few countries in the world (that have some form of central government) where the population has as much "freedom" and "rights" as Americans do. Privacy is an entirely different thing. 9/11 and the ensuing legislative changes killed off the last bit of it we had left. Currently, the only people in the world that have privacy are primitive tribes that are yet to be discovered. Everyone else can be 100% monitored, by government agencies and private companies that have the resources for it.

2. Elected officials in the USA, generally speaking, do not serve the nation, nor it's people. Due to the tremendous impact funds have on election campains, anyone who is in any position of power was put there by corporations, industries, or individuals with the funds to do so, for one purpose: to protect their interests. If you do not have the backing of corporations/industries/individuals that have the money to bring you to power, you simply will not be able to achief a position of power. This is exactly what is happening in this case: bills are proposed and will possibly pass that do not serve the nation, nor it's people, but only the selected few that invested the money to get this bill passed.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melak View Post
    You know, its pretty common that people call the entire country Holland instead of The Netherlands. So its not wrong, even if Holland is not the entire country itself So dont bash people for something stupied like that :/
    I'm not bashing anyone for saying it, I'm correcting them. And yes, it is the wrong name. I can give you a long and historical explanation as to how this misconception came to be and why it is wrong - but let's not derail this thread even further.

Quote Originally Posted by Herethebeef View Post
    This reminds me those students getting pepper-sprayed while being bound on the ground. The media and general public took it with outrage - but didn't the students pretty much get it onto themselves because of prior actions and such?