Poll: Cauldron of Jordan and Nephalem Cube GONE. Like it?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Cauldron of Jordan and Nephalem Cube GONE. Like it?

So the Cauldron of Jordan and Nephalem Cube have been completely removed from the game [source]. Do you like this?

In case you don't know, these items were part of you inventory and allowed you to sell and salvage (i.e. disenchant) junk on the go, without having to return to Town every time your inventory was full. This was quite handy, but since they've now added a "Town Portal" button right on the interface, it will be very easy to just make a trip to Town and sell/salvage your junk there.

I personally like it. In D2 I always enjoyed making "junk-selling" trips to Town every now and then, which also served to check for upgrades, hand in quests, etc.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

10+ Year Old Account
    Like it. Your inventory is still way bigger than in D2 so you won't be porting back to town that often.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I'm 100% unsure. Im wishing I never knew about them and wasn't following the D3 release so closely...

The part I like where I think they make a good point is that with these systems, you just pick up everything. I've lately been playing D2 again abit (who hasnt) and the crap drops make the loot more interesting.

Deleted
    Not really bothered to be honest. I can see why it was useful before, and a lot less useful now. I don't really feel strongly about it either way, I just hope changes like this - that probably don't really affect anyone that much - aren't what's holding it back at this stage, because it just feels like a bit of a non issue for me.

Deleted
    Waiting for a "doesn't bother me" option. And above all, I have faith in Blizzard.

Don't like it because I'm someone who doesn't want to really go back to town as much and likes to stay in the field. Oh well.

Like it, managing your inventory was also part of hack'n'slash rpgs and i honestly don't see the need to remove it. Its always nice to take a small break to town to turn quests, check for upgrades and whatever.

Problem might arise when you go back to town, on harder difficulties, you could be holding back 3 other people

I never tried out the game before for this change so I went with "I like it"
    ◕ ‿ ◕ uguu~

Quote Originally Posted by zaoly View Post
    Problem might arise when you go back to town, on harder difficulties, you could be holding back 3 other people
    Not really honestly, remember Diablo isn't an MMO, you don't need a tank, your character can take hits, there's no healers, there's potions. You're 100% self-sufficient. In D2 people would keep going even when i was clearing my inventory. I don't see this changing, considering the latest gaming trends, i hardly see D3 being terribly hard, even in full games.

I remember when i lost Internet for a while, i was playing D2 solo and i was constantly using the ''Player 8'' "cheat" just to make things more interesting, even in Hell.

Its not like clearing your inventory takes a long time, and at worse just drop stuff on the ground if you're in a hurry for whatever reason.
    Last edited by GrieverXIII; 2012-01-20 at 09:46 PM.

Don't really care either way so I voted "Like it" because it's what I'm getting, like it or not.

I never liked them much anyway, it's nice to go in to town for a break from the killing and sell some merchant your blood-soaked gains.

I like it...Cauldron and cube seemed way too convenient for me. I prefer the realism of going back to town to sell and salvage.

Guess not many of you played hellgate london as you would see how usefull it is to salvage stuff on the go and how much of a pain in the dick it is to run back to town everytime you have a full inventory.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Guess not many of you played hellgate london as you would see how usefull it is to salvage stuff on the go and how much of a pain in the dick it is to run back to town everytime you have a full inventory.
    They took out the Cube because they gave us Town Portal, we're not running anywhere.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I feel its a nice change.

Watched some vids from the beta and it just seemed silly that you never had to visit town apart from turning in/picking up quests.

Though I guess I might get angry about it the first time my inventory gets full and I realize I'm out of TPs Or does the TP even require a scroll/book in D3?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    It's not that much of a pain though is it, you have town portal on the UI, click, walk to blacksmith, click, walk back to portal... and zero chance of getting smushed by some mobs. Salvage box was slightly quicker in that you missed about 15 seconds of click/walk, but on the other hand, was far more dangerous, so there are pros and cons, but really very minor ones, it seems almost identical either way to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dispirit View Post
    I like it...Cauldron and cube seemed way too convenient for me. I prefer the realism of going back to town to sell and salvage.
    Agree with this. It was a very good decision. The whole idea of Diablo is item drops - for those of you who played Diablo I and II it was all about those awesome moments when amidst all the white trash there was this awesome piece of loot.

I played Hellgate: London and I disagree. The point of loot is that you spend effort in distinguishing what is worth to carry along and what is not. The point is not for you to drag everything along and sell it for 1-2 gold pieces. This was the same in Diablo II as well where the only worthwhile white items to pick up were things like Orbs, Wands, etc. Class specific items with class skills on them, as they sold for a lot of gold.

---------- Post added 2012-01-24 at 12:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenfinn View Post
    Though I guess I might get angry about it the first time my inventory gets full and I realize I'm out of TPs Or does the TP even require a scroll/book in D3?
    Doesn't require a book or scroll. It's just a button on the UI you can click.

The only decent argument I have read against this, is that when you are playing with 3 strangers, you will have to coordinate with them when to do a "town break". Since different people will need to do them more frequently than others, and will need more time in Town than others, this could cause some inconvenience. However, D2 was like that, and I don't remember any inconvenience whatsoever.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Didn't like them in the first place, so I'm glad they're out.