Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'm still waiting for my RMAH on WoW, would be nice to sell epics for money instead of worthless gold...

But yeah, the whole lack of offline mode pretty much killed my interest in D3. About all I have to say about it, I like the concept of RMAH personally so I could log online to sell random digital items for real money.

15+ Year Old Account
    Real money AH is the new free to play. If D3 succeeds with this it will change gaming, and for the better I personally think. Go take a look at Spiral Knights, its a successful game. Some people spend lots of money on and and have fun at the high end content, some people have not spent a cent and enjoy the game in the same way. This idea of "pay to win" will not polarize gamers as much as think. Payers and grinders can both support a successful and better industry.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cyan421 View Post
    Real money AH is the new free to play. If D3 succeeds with this it will change gaming, and for the better I personally think. Go take a look at Spiral Knights, its a successful game. Some people spend lots of money on and and have fun at the high end content, some people have not spent a cent and enjoy the game in the same way. This idea of "pay to win" will not polarize gamers as much as think. Payers and grinders can both support a successful and better industry.
    I wouldn't even call it a "Pay to win" thing. Since you aren't buying anything from developer. Its just using Real money instead of gold. Someone still has to do the farming/work to get every item that goes on the D3 AH. So in my opinion its no more Pay to Win then any in-game AH using in-game currency.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Have to agree, the online-only thing REALLY pisses me off. I had an absolute BLAST modding D2 back in the day. I'd spend hours and hours tweaking things to make the game more fun/challenging. I was really looking forward to that in D3...sigh.

The Real money AH: It's just blizzard's response to third-party sites that sell Diablo items. They're just trying to get in on the action. To me, it's just going to bit them in the ass; once people realize how much cash blizzard is taking from the auctions, people will go right back to buying from third-party sites where it's cheaper.

Graphics/environment: I agree. D3 just looks like Diablo 2 v2.0. Nothing really new there. As far as some of the mechanics they've added, they've definitely improved on that part anyway. Enchanting and gemming look really handy. (Or whatever they happen to be called in D3.)

I'm seriously debating whether or not I want to get D3. The lack of an offline mode is really killing it for me.

That's the thing with blizzard though, that I've always had an issue with: Blizzard makes amazing games, hands down. No complaints. But the actual company behind these games is terrible. Can't stand them at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Dont get why people want offline mode, not like Blizz is forcing you to play with other people if you prefer solo

Online only = a lot less complaining later on, and no hacking

10+ Year Old Account
    I disagree with almost everything. I think Diablo III took a step in the right direction to change the ARPG scene which has been pretty stale. In fact Diablo always has been the game that changed the scene, even Diablo I and Diablo II spawned countless of copycats trying to bank on Diablo's success, and Diablo III will be the same.

Graphic wise Diablo has always looked dark and gritty, and in that regard Diablo III takes a step in a new direction with more stylized artwork. It is still pretty dark but a lot less gritty, and I personally like the artwork, and the atmosphere. It has a timeless look which is important for a game that is going to be played for the coming 5-10 years (Remember people still play Diablo II to this day).

Skills are much better than in Diablo II. Be honest with yourself. How many skills did you actually use in Diablo II? Maybe 2? 3? That's it. Simply because most your other skill points were used as synergy to boost your one or two main offensive skills. You talk about Frozen Orb but a FO Sorc did literally nothing but spam that one spell unless the mobs were Frost Immune. Hardly interesting combat. The skill tree design Diablo II was inherently flawed because it meant that low tier skills were just crap and you ended up saving your skill points because investing in low level skills was pointless. Blizzard North tried to battle this by adding synergies to the game which did nothing more than pidgeon holing your skill choices even further.

You also say that Diablo II had better skills. Are you really sure? You don't think Zombie Wall is cool? You don't think Archon is cool? You don't think Seven Sided Strike is cool? To be honest I think Diablo III skills are very diverse and definitely have enough cool skills to compete with Diablo II. Add to that the rune effects and it blows D2 completely out of the water. As to the application of said skills you can't really compare as we aren't playing Diablo III yet while you rely on fond memories of how you blew up mobs with Frozen Orb (granted that is a cool skill).

RMAH does not give anyone any advantage. I see this flawed argument come up all the time. This isn't an MMO. It's a cooperative game with some PvP. Now what does it matter to you that a random person in your group has bought a few items? Your party kills faster, you get more drops per minute, so in essence you benefit indirectly from it. Now as to pvp. There is no advantage either. PvP has a linear progression. Anyone can achieve everything there is to achieve in pvp independent of skill. Your win/loss ratio only determines how fast you follow this progression. Remember rewards are all cosmetical so there's no gameplay advantage at how fast you progress. Furthermore if lets say your personal rating is 1000. Now you buy items, and you start winning a tad more than usually. The game adjust your personal rating, and you end up fighting tougher opponents, and once again you are at the same win/loss ratio as you were before buying said gear. So once again you progress at the same speed as you did before. I don't see the advantage.

The game doesn't need mods. With everyone playing online the amount of duping and cheating will be kept in check to make certain everyone plays on the same level playing field ie doesn't get his gameplay ruined by obvious cheats and hacks. How can this be bad? If you start allowing offline mode, anyone can change their save game. If you then allow these people on battle.net you'll get what you see in Diablo II open battle.net which is something best not repeated. And if you don't allow them on battle.net people will whine they can't play their character they spent a lot of time on online.

In game exclussive collector edition items. Really? Surely you know that almost every collector edition does that. If it's such a big deal to you to get a couple of dyes and some fancy wings then get the CE yourself?

Release date: You are basically saying you waited for three years! Some of us waited for like 10 years! The amount of time between announcement and game release depends entirely on how ready the game is. This is nothing new for Blizzard, and I think they're doing the right thing. Now you are just sounding whiney. Let them take the time to finish this product as they see fit.
    Last edited by Cairhiin; 2012-01-23 at 10:37 AM.

I really don't get why people complain about having to play online. Modding aside, what's the downside? Sure you might dc every blue monday, but assuming that's the exception rather than the rule, that shouldn't bother anyone (most of you play WoW as well, how often do you DC there?)

What bothers me the most about D3 is the endless postponing of the 'estimated release'. Sure, they didn't give us a date, but they did say '2011' at some point, then made it into 'Q4 2011', then postponed it to "Q1 2012" and I wouldn't be suprised if in a few weeks we'll get the 'oh, it'll be Q2 2012!'-post up.... Basically, i've had the feeling it was 'almost here!!!' for almost a year now, and i've come to the point I can't really be excited about it anymore. Already bought the game through the annual pass, i'll be happy if I actually played the game before that expires.....

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    I read it. I disagree with every single point actually, but I did read it, I appreciate that's your opinion but I feel basically totally the opposite about everything. The only thing I'm not sold on is mandatory online play; but I see the reason for it, and the comparison to Skyrim is irrelevant - Skyrim can be hacked, modded, you can powerlevel up whilst standing in one place, you have a console with cheat commands.... online play isn't about piracy, it's about cheating, and how that impacts an online game with an auction house.

Anyway, the thing I'm most confused about, is point 3. I watched Blizzcon, I didn't see an in-game staff mentioned? Only the aesthetic dyes, wings and a banner - none of them make any difference to combat. So yeah, I'm confused about that unless that's a typo and you meant "stuff", in which case I still don't get the rant because none of the collectors edition stuff is mandatory to get full enjoyment out of the game. Collectors editions are always kinda overpriced, you're paying for a limited number more than the exact content .. but that's not just blizzard... all games with a CE do that
    My exact same thoughts.
    I wish people stop complaining about everything and just wait for the game..
    All right, so that last test was seriously disappointing. Apparently, being civil isn't motivating you, so let's try it her way, all right, fatty? Adopted... fatty! Fatty, fatty no parents?

Quote Originally Posted by 2hislopa View Post
    WTF who is going to spend 10 mins reading that.....
    If you don't want to read it, then stop posting troll posts like this one. I took me 1-2 min to read it and English is not my native language. If you need 10 min to read it, then you are little r......d maybe?

I'm fairly sure some sort of modding or customisation tool will be made available eventually, I'm guessing they want to see how SC2 maps and Blizzard Arcade work before integrating them in to another title. Given how amazing the SC2 map tool is (check out Starcraft Universe) D3 maps could be amazing when they do hit the scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Berguv View Post
    My biggest concern with diablo 3 is that the graphics looks like wow graphics. Always liked the more dark and realistic graphics in diablo 2 now its more like a cartoon game.
    The game play might still be good and havent played it so cant judge it yet. But if its a failure diablo 2 still exists atleast
    I'm pretty sure Blue commented on this before, they clearly said it gets much more darker as you progress throughout the game.

My best advice is to hold on to your opinions and complains about something without any real creditable source. The game hasn't come out, the beta and screenshots only show players small portion of game, be patience.
    Last edited by Elenion; 2012-01-23 at 07:57 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Graphics/environment: I agree. D3 just looks like Diablo 2 v2.0. Nothing really new there. As far as some of the mechanics they've added, they've definitely improved on that part anyway. Enchanting and gemming look really handy. (Or whatever they happen to be called in D3.)
    The graphics are way better then d2. However there is only so much you can do with the style of game that Diablo is.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

The real problem here is that I pay the initial game cost to play the game. Why should someone who has more IRL money have an advantage over me?
    Stop your bitching, while i do agree the game isnt gona be good and will prob fail, this is not a reason. People have been buying gear since the start of diablo 2. Its nothing new and if you think otherwise your a fool.

Final Words: The game seems to be an upgrade of diablo 2 with some nice gameplay additions but the Blizz attitude towards their customers is so irritating.
    Go play the beta, D3 is so far from diablo 2 that the only thing it has in common is the fluff and the name which is why i think it wont get very far. People loved diablo 2 becuase of what made it diablo 2. And in d3 they are getting rid of ALL of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Go play the beta, D3 is so far from diablo 2 that the only thing it has in common is the fluff and the name which is why i think it wont get very far. People loved diablo 2 becuase of what made it diablo 2. And in d3 they are getting rid of ALL of that.
    Diablo = Tonnes of Monster + Fun ways to destroy them. If D3 has both of those I'll be happy.

While I think Diablo 3 needs to be "darker" in the sense that it needs to be scarier you need to take a few things into consideration before making an accusation like that.
    1. You're older than you were when you played Diablo 1 and 2 and got that shock and awe feeling.

2. The beta only offers the start of the game, which has been stated by dev's as a learning experience for those new to the game.

You don't like what Diablo 3 is? Why are you here?

I've played the beta, and it feels exactly like Diablo to me.

Quote Originally Posted by iCandy View Post
    While I think Diablo 3 needs to be "darker" in the sense that it needs to be scarier you need to take a few things into consideration before making an accusation like that.
    1. You're older than you were when you played Diablo 1 and 2 and got that shock and awe feeling.

2. The beta only offers the start of the game, which has been stated by dev's as a learning experience for those new to the game.

You don't like what Diablo 3 is? Why are you here?

I've played the beta, and it feels exactly like Diablo to me.
    It has nothing of the same feel, not only have skill trees been dumbed down becuase they said "only the skilled people knew how to spec in diablo 2" But the farmability of boss's in d3 is gone, if youv seen how long it takes to do king leoric let alone get to him. Runewords gone. The beta is the first act of the game in normal difficulty.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry if OP's friends are too cheap to pay for a computer game, but it is in no way going to harm it.

Comparing Skyrim to Diablo 3 just does not work when talking about online and offline. Diablo was designed from the ground up to be a multiplayer game, the playing field has to be fair for it to mean anything, Skyrim on the other hand has no multiplayer feature. Each player is in their own bubble universe where no one can impact another, if they want to cheat, they lessen the experience for themself without harming my(or anyone elses) own attempts.

It has nothing of the same feel, not only have skill trees been dumbed down becuase they said "only the skilled people knew how to spec in diablo 2" But the farmability of boss's in d3 is gone, if youv seen how long it takes to do king leoric let alone get to him. Runewords gone. The beta is the first act of the game in normal difficulty.
    Not having skill trees and the lack of boss farming are both excellent changes.

The beta is a very small part of Act 1.

The beta is like 1/3 of the first act fyi

And the other changes are good.

Again..why are you here if you don't like the way the game is?

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    I read it. I disagree with every single point actually, but I did read it, I appreciate that's your opinion but I feel basically totally the opposite about everything. The only thing I'm not sold on is mandatory online play; but I see the reason for it, and the comparison to Skyrim is irrelevant - Skyrim can be hacked, modded, you can powerlevel up whilst standing in one place, you have a console with cheat commands.... online play isn't about piracy, it's about cheating, and how that impacts an online game with an auction house.

Anyway, the thing I'm most confused about, is point 3. I watched Blizzcon, I didn't see an in-game staff mentioned? Only the aesthetic dyes, wings and a banner - none of them make any difference to combat. So yeah, I'm confused about that unless that's a typo and you meant "stuff", in which case I still don't get the rant because none of the collectors edition stuff is mandatory to get full enjoyment out of the game. Collectors editions are always kinda overpriced, you're paying for a limited number more than the exact content .. but that's not just blizzard... all games with a CE do that
    I feel like this post sums me up exactly. OP was well written and fairly well thought out, but I don't agree with it. I feel like the wait is making people crazy and they're starting to over-analyze a bit. I'm really confident this game will be amazing and I think people are worrying too much. But patience can be difficult, so I understand the apprehension.