Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I love Diablo 2, class and item balance in the game was fucking terrible. Let's not forget nobody plays the game to its full extent anymore and just rushes through difficulty modes so they can MF their way to 99. You didn't notice, or probably care, until Hell. But then again, if you use a MF char you're already complaining about something.

Lack of offline play for Diablo 3 is just fucking stupid. There's no way around it, it's fucking stupid. Why even bother saving the characters on the computer if you're forcing closed-battle.net.

I never cared for mods, but if offline-singleplayer isn't allowed there's no point for non-UI modding. Maybe after the game is released and the dust settles they'll release a SC2 style map editor for the game.

I'm pretty sure the lack of release date is cause of stupid-ass global-releasing. Did Korea stop crying yet so we can move past that road-bump?
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

10+ Year Old Account
    My main complaint is the online requirements. In a perfect world for me when you first start up the game a very clear message would come up saying something along the lines of: You have two choices: Offline/LAN Play OR Online Play. If you make a character in the offline mode you do not need an internet connection and can modify the game as much as you want and play across LAN with another player, however you will NEVER be able to transfer that character to play on the official Battle.Net service and will not have access to the Real-Money-Auction-House. If you choose the online mode for your character you will have the added benefit of automatic patch updates, the ability to join groups with other people playing online as well as arena battles, the ability to use the Real-Money-Auction-House, customer support for bugs in the game, etc. The biggest thing is they would need to very very clearly state the difference between characters on online and offline modes so that if you mess up you have no one to blame but yourself. Blizzard would be able to satisfy both parties, those who want to play only online and those who preferred the old model of having separate characters and the ability to play offline/LAN and use mods. If Blizzard did this I would absolutely love the game and have no problems with it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by iCandy View Post
    The beta is like 1/3 of the first act fyi

And the other changes are good.

Again..why are you here if you don't like the way the game is?
    Because he will actualy play the game and proceed to bitch about it on the forum for a long time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    I'm pretty sure the lack of release date is cause of stupid-ass global-releasing. Did Korea stop crying yet so we can move past that road-bump?
    Yes, the rating was approved in Korea last week, although with limited RMAH, the game can legally be released worldwide now.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Because he will actualy play the game and proceed to bitch about it on the forum for a long time.
    Oh..I just looked at his post history. You're right, he's one of those people.

How many diffrent kind of enemies do you think exist in Hell or the Diablo universe? Obviously there is gonna be same old mobs cause it's set in the same damn world... You expect a new super duper hyper mega hell mob playing around in Tristram? (Ok the uber runs do not count from D2.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    How many diffrent kind of enemies do you think exist in Hell or the Diablo universe? Obviously there is gonna be same old mobs cause it's set in the same damn world... You expect a new super duper hyper mega hell mob playing around in Tristram? (Ok the uber runs do not count from D2.)
    Nah man..didn't you hear..

Every game should be like WoW. As soon as you cross a thin border line the entire landscape and design changes, along with the mobs.
    Last edited by iCandy; 2012-01-25 at 02:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2hislopa View Post
    WTF who is going to spend 10 mins reading that.....
    i did, it was a good read, i don't agree with some of those thoughts but i don't feel like 10 mins wasted of my life

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Yes, the rating was approved in Korea last week, although with limited RMAH, the game can legally be released worldwide now.
    Good. I'm expecting a release date announcement any day now. I just can't help this game is going to be one of the last when developers dangle their progress on it. It's cool hyping a future product, but some people can just take so much before they have had enough.

what's that korea rating? been hearing about it here and there, no idea what it is tho

So op is mad online game is online and Collectors Addition offers nice perks to people willing to buy it?
    And that Artwork made by one set of artists looks the same as artwork made by: 1: people who left that art team to put out a clone game. and 2: Artwork made by another team working on a different project that they communicate and interact with heavily on a near-daily basis?

0/10 imo.
    Till water is gone, Till shade is gone. Into the shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath. To spit in Sightblinders eye on the last day.

Read your post and it seriously was the biggest load of crap, Dont by the game if you have such a problem with it, stop being so picky. I want you to make a game and make decisions and try not to upset people that will play, good luck with that.

Deleted
    I can understand not liking there being no offline feature, but this is the age of connectivity after all; it isn't really surprising for Blizzard to take this route (even games like Dragon Age which are "single player RPGs" require a connection to access a lot of their features).

As for the real money AH - you can if you so choose view it as a cynical Activision inspired method of milking customers for money, but I like to look at these things like this: if it doesn't impinge on the game (ie by taking development time away from what's important), then why complain? Its just something extra. I don't like the online store for WoW, but if someone offered me incontrovertible proof that it hasn't taken away development resources from WoW (I believe it has) then I would revise my opinion of it. I'm pretty sure the existence of the D3 AH isn't going to have any negative implications for the game in this way.