Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Post [GW2] Just Play, Quests as Hearts

A new article from Ravious (KillTenRats) has gone online; it's about the scout-hearts, which take the place of questhubs with a twist. A developer has added his thoughts on this, a nice read.

enjoy:
    http://www.killtenrats.com/2012/01/20/gw2-just-play/

just a little note here: Hearts are NOT dynamic events, they are hubs where some people need help. You can do several different activities to fill those hearts, including dynamic events that happen in the area around those hearts. Those hearts are perfectly explained in the article above.

-) hearts are no quests
    -) they are no dynamic events
    -) they are hubs for activities
    -) a filled heart turns the NPC into a karma-vendor
    -) you don't gain karma from the hub-activities!

Read the article for nice examples and thoughts from a developer

I enjoy reading Ravious' articles. Good stuff.

That's pretty badass. I'm going to fill ALL the hearts. All of them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    MOAR! We need moar hearts.

It's truly a nice way, has people working together to do events to unlock something with value.

Crap as if there wasnt enough to do here for an OCD completest like myself, now there are hundreds or even thousands of hearts to fill... Its almost too much to handle lol Also if say some dynamic even destroys the town with a filled heart. Will the heart be emptied and have to be refilled? or will it be when the town is taken back the filled heart is still there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorad View Post
    Crap as if there wasnt enough to do here for an OCD completest like myself, now there are hundreds or even thousands of hearts to fill... Its almost too much to handle lol Also if say some dynamic even destroys the town with a filled heart. Will the heart be emptied and have to be refilled? or will it be when the town is taken back the filled heart is still there.
    judging on a demo-info there are 206

Last edited by Maarius; 2012-02-11 at 07:16 PM.

Amazing article, most of the info I had never heard before. That should tide me over nicely until the next official update.

Man, the articles at ktr are always awesome. Skimmed over this one, will give it a full read later.. I like what I see.

10+ Year Old Account
    to shoot your sword with power?
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Deleted
    I'm going to find the one Kingdom Hearts!

Aye...this sounds awesome. A great article.
    Hearts seem like a RP's paradise
    Can't wait to try this out.

God I absolutely love the innovation this game offers.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    God I absolutely love the innovation this game offers.
    I know ...I saw some of ur posts about a certain recently released game

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    I know ...I saw some of ur posts about a certain recently released game
    Mm I still play it, but that's due to having no other better game to play.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Mm I still play it, but that's due to having no other better game to play.
    FF7 and GW1 for me gone oldschool.

FF7 and GW1 for me gone oldschool.
    Funny story, I've owned FF7 since release and finally beat it about 6 months ago...

Been playing GW1 a bit but it's slow since I have my attention spread between about a dozen games atm -_-

15+ Year Old Account
    Sadly, I can't stand FF7. Lots of grinding, especially to level up materia. Worst of all is Cloud. I can't stand him. Nothing like having the main hero be insane for most of the game and completely helpless and unable to even stand when he gets near his nemesis. It really angered me how weak he was. FF6 (FF3 in the US) is still my favorite. I loved the cast of characters and the overall story. It really felt epic to me. Loved the hell out of the music too.

Funny story, I've owned FF7 since release and finally beat it about 6 months ago...

Been playing GW1 a bit but it's slow since I have my attention spread between about a dozen games atm -_-
    Good memories of finally downing the purple and emerald weapons in that although I remember just using Knights of the Round and having the other 2 copy it....think i actually just went afk for half an hour and came back to find the big bad weapon dead lol...still, after trying for ages felt good

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    Sadly, I can't stand FF7. Lots of grinding, especially to level up materia. Worst of all is Cloud. I can't stand him. Nothing like having the main hero be insane for most of the game and completely helpless and unable to even stand when he gets near his nemesis. It really angered me how weak he was. FF6 (FF3 in the US) is still my favorite. I loved the cast of characters and the overall story. It really felt epic to me. Loved the hell out of the music too.
    You could cure him really quickly I seem to remember...but yh, he was a bit weak. But Sephiroth is probably still my favourite bad guy of all time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad hat man View Post
    I'm going to find the one Kingdom Hearts!
    Kingdom hearts! I'll have its power!

Know that feeling, had the same with FFXII. I didn't dislike the game mechanics, but I thought the characters(except Balthier) were so boring. I just got bored. Now that my PS2 is broken, I kinda regret only finishing the game once and that's not even collecting most of the espers/marks. Oh well, one day I'll have a computer that can emulate it without the lag.

---------- Post added 2012-01-21 at 09:57 AM ----------

You could cure him really quickly I seem to remember...but yh, he was a bit weak. But Sephiroth is probably still my favourite bad guy of all time
    His music theme <3

15+ Year Old Account

Best version imo. First part holds true to the original, but I love how it picks up with the electric guitar.