10+ Year Old Account

[Music] Imaginaerum

To the Nightwish fans, what did you think of the new album? For me i thought it was ok just thought it was way less more epic and metal-ish than Dark Passion Play. My favorite one is probably Storytime. The one that disappointed me the most was Song of Myself. The first couple minutes of it was really cool sounded epic and everything then it got to the talking part or poetry part. After listening to like 3 minutes of it i was like ok what is this they just keep talking and no music, then it ended. Usually my reaction to Nightwish songs are > : D and lots of headbanging but after Song of Myself i was just like :l Don't get me wrong though i really enjoyed the album as a whole but there were just some songs that made it seem way less epic and more boring. I was expecting like big epic metal songs but got more ballads than the metal songs.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Deleted
    Heard it first time today because well, I didn't know they released a new album until today. But anyways the few songs I've heard so far I really liked. Also appreciated Anette's singing more in this one than Dark Passion Play, I guess it just speaks to me better or something, hard to explain. Maybe I'll update when I've heard more but I'll most likely forget. So far so good though. Gonna have to check out that Song of Myself aswell.

I thought it was better than Dark Passion Play (which had some of the worst lyrics in music history, as well as very generic music, repetitive song structures, boring melodies, and of course, that god-awful singer). The songs were more varied than on DPP, but still pretty boring and unoriginal. The band themselves seem to have abandoned any form of true musicianship at all in favor of cheap mallcore style riffing and cheesy symphonic overlays. Neither Marco nor Annette can sing, Emppu can't play guitar (or at least Tuomas doesn't let him), and Tuomas' songwriting comes off as something you might find in a pedophile's diary. The only thing worth listening to anymore is Jukka's drumming, and even that is so caked over with garbage that it isn't even worth it.

It was the largest disappointment in 2011 music in my opinion, but it would be silly to pretend I didn't expect it after the steaming pile that was DPP.