Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Acheras's beaming vision passed over to Rahj'haar, perhaps knowing that the Ethereal was the one who caused his activation. Attempting to stand, but unable to entirely obtain balance on two feet, Rahj'haar spoke.

"I am here to investigate the powers of old. On my home planet, K'aresh, only mutterings of Titan existence were ever revealed, and having come here, to Azeroth, my mind wanders in anticipation of the knowledge potentially enclosed here."

Rahj'haar was nervous, his words were only partially true, and he feared that a power as great as the Titan might be able to easily see through his rouse.
    WoW : Burning Blade (H)
    90 Warlock, 90 Shaman, 96+ Mage, 90 Death Knight, 86 Warrior, 90 Hunter, 85 Rogue, 80 Paladin, 76 Priest, 70 Druid, 26 Monk

Khorianas stood up straight and addressed the Guardian in a clear voice.

"I am here to come closer to perfection as a blacksmith. I want to forge a true masterpiece, that is why I seek entrance to the Shaper's Halls."

Alice stood admiring the guardian even as it berated them for entering the halls. A mass of diamond, seemingly unsupported by machinery - sometimes magic trumped even her love for engineering.

"I entered these halls to gain a better understanding of the titan's engineering. I wish to become the equal of anyone with machines!"

Alice crossed her arms across her chestplate, glaring at the construct. "How do you work, anyway?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclejesse
    I'm not very nice and think I will stay away from the forums for a week to calm down
    (Note: This post might have been edited by Boubouille)
    My characters Bintah and Alicia

10+ Year Old Account
    Vadoor brooded silently as the guardian questioned each member of the party. He had hoped the guardian would choose battle, and force the party to defend themselves, he would have loved the option of a fight. But something much, much worse had been decided. Rather than burn the intruders into dust under its powerful gaze, the so far docile guardian had instead chosen to question each member of the group so that it could weigh the groups intentions. This, for Vadoor the Eredar, enemy of the pantheon of Titans, was the worst possible outcome. He had made a living of deceiving other creatures. Having learned from the master of deception, Kil'jaedan himself, Vadoor had always navigated every scenario with precision and skill so that those being mislead never knew any better. But this machine, this titan construct, could it be fooled?

"If it needs to ask intent...then perhaps it cannot see what is unseen. But the beam..surely the beam holds some sort of magic, some sort of truth scrying? Perhaps I should try a different angle with this guardian...."

When the beam finally passed over the eredar, Vadoor stood tall and proud.

"Great guardian! Within these halls I would seek the knowledge and wisdom to unify my broken people. To mend a family that was once whole. "

Strangely enough, Vadoor had decided to speak the truth, even if his intentions were different from what his draenei form represented. It had always been Vadoor's intention to reunify the draenei and eredar, no matter what the cost.

Without missing a beat, after the others had said their peace, Charles said "To get paid, as I have a family to feed."

Of course, what he meant was get paid via some special artifacts of a possibly dangerous nature and to feed his "family" more wealth, more power. Of course, this automaton wanted the truth, and Charles had given it... he just worded it in a way that would mask his true intentions. Oh how he enjoyed vague wording.

((for any of those who wondered what "that" was, with my OOC before, look no further. Yes, it would not be appropriate for this type of thread))

((A couple of minutes later, the silence was broken by the mad gigglings of someone fast approaching the room. Shortly, all could see an old naked human man with a long, white beard, screaming at the top of his lungs in a voice of tragic glee, "I'M NAKED!!! WHEEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE!!" and running around the room, picking up gems and throwing them at the two dwarves, groping Khorianas' chin and right elbow, and finally dancing on a diamond tile only to burst into flames as he triggered the trap.

Charles blinked. "Fuck." ))

10+ Year Old Account
    Hurray! Free gems!

10+ Year Old Account
    Acheras stopped over each one. The Custodian's face unreadable, however his glaze did linger more noticeably on Charles and Proctus. "Knowledge is a wise pursuit." Acheras spoke at them with authority. "However thievery in these great halls will be most untolerated." As he finished his last words the facility seemed to awaken as stones and metals echo'd in movement all around them and even deeper in the the earth still. Even with in the antechamber several stone slabs upon the walls flipped over to revel large crystals of the same quality as Acheras. "You have been warned mortals." Several clicks were also heard as Acheras returned to his normal inanimate state.

Denholme stole a glance at the draenei. He wondered what was wrong with his reason for being here, but quickly forgot as the protective light barriers disengaged. "Well you hurd him. Chonar hows those doors comin?" As he walked over to Chonar he could feel something watching him and glance up at one of the crystal slabs hung over the doors. It seemed to gleam with the same intelligence Archeas had but quickly disappeared as Denholme saw it.

((So just a note. Most of the lesser traps have been disabled to allow us to walk freely within the complex, for now. However most of the larger and more obviously important artifacts are still under Acheras protection. So just remember that your character won't know this yet but you can treat it as such if you decide to test them out.))

10+ Year Old Account
    Having let go of the emerald as soon as the click had been heard, Rahj'haar tried his best to act like it wasn't his fault. No one had seemed to accuse him yet, so he decided to continue on in a non-chilant manner. Gently coasting back to the center of the room, he decided it was time to converse with the people he was here with, as it had become quite clear that the forces they were dealing with could cause these people to potentially be the last he ever saw. Floating over to the doors, he prodded Chonar with a question.

"So, Dwarf, I am curious about these pages you flip through in that tome of yours. Are they personal notes, or an ancient guide helping you decipher these codes?"

Being almost twice as tall as the old dwarf, the Ethereal hovered by his side, peering over the Dwarf's shoulder to get a better look at the pages.
    90 Warlock, 90 Shaman, 96+ Mage, 90 Death Knight, 86 Warrior, 90 Hunter, 85 Rogue, 80 Paladin, 76 Priest, 70 Druid, 26 Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    Thankful for the guardian leaving them well enough alone, the old dwarf was squinting. From his chestpocket, he produced another monocle hidden in a seperate, small leather pouch, examined it, and popped it into his bad eye. "Hah! Always carry a spare." He smirked to no one in particular, before turning 180 degrees back to face the door oncemore, leafing back through the tome. "Aye, what Stonehammer 'ere said. No thievin'. If yer smart, any knowledge you bring back to th' world above can net you many more coin than a gem o sorts."

As he leafed through his tome, he found the page he was left on before his monocle broke. Putting his finger to the page, he murmured some words, glancing back and forth between the page and the doors.

He nodded at Denholme. "Hrmm. Ah think I got it, sonny-jim. Figgered it out 'afore we were, hrm- interrupted." He took a step back, speaking loudly.

"Forge, Earth!"

Listening to Rahj'haar, the old dwarf chuckled, answering the Ethereal without taking his eyes from the door. "Th' answer is yes ta both. This 'ere is a storybook o' th' Earthen." He closed his tome and patted the cover, as if it was a beloved pet. "Th' only book I know of that 'as the same story written in it three times in three different languages. Me notes are comparisons of specific words and terms. Through translation of th' runes within and settin' em in the proper context o' the story, one may figger out Titan an' Kalimag... provided ya can understand th' dwarven tongue, o' course."

He smiled. "Once I'm too old fer th' adventurin' life, I'll finish translatin' the entire thing and write an article on both languages. Those books will be fillin' Ironforge's libraries. But until that day, I'll be usin' it fer more practical purposes. Like right now."
    Last edited by Chonar; 2012-02-21 at 03:40 PM.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

10+ Year Old Account
    (( Sorry for the long wait, just been a long week and thought I'd get to this faster than this. But don't fret I'll have a post up soon™.))

10+ Year Old Account
    Rahj'haar listened closely as the Dwarf beside him explained the answer to the Ethereal's question. It was quite interesting to him, though he did not speak any of the languages in the book, and figured he'd be better off leaving it at that. Still curious however, Rahj'haar moved the conversation in a more broadened direction.

"I see, master Dwarf. Quite an interesting tome it is. Perhaps one day, I too will know the language of the Dwarves, for whatever reason might lie in my path, and could thus fill my head with your words of wisdom. I thank you for sharing that information with me. So, what do you think we might find down here?"

((So Chonar, a take on the Rosetta Stone then? But in a longer form? Very cool. And Nonfic, you keep making me laugh by trademarking "Coming Soon."))

10+ Year Old Account
    (( Aye, exactly that. :] ))

"Hopefully, we're about tae find out." The dwarf stared up at the door, taking his monocle out of his eye.
    The Mountain King straightened his back, and murmured. "What we know of th' Shapers, th' Titans... there is a lot of information missin'. But all evidence points towards Azeroth not bein' th' only world that they touched. Who knows how many worlds 'ave benefit from their wisdom."

10+ Year Old Account
    (( Yeah I'm very sorry about this guys but for now I'm gonna have to close this RP. I just can't get back into it at the moment. It's a whole big thing at work and I don't really want to go into it but hopefully soon I'll be able to get this going again. I'll get you all informed when I start it back up.))

10+ Year Old Account
    (( Aw man, pity.. Understandable though, take yer time. :< ))

10+ Year Old Account
    Two doors began to glow brightly with the same blinding blue as the grand door that lead them down here. Splitting down the middle and parting the doors revealed similar hallways as the first they traveled down. However the first hallway, Earth, went steeply down after a few feet in and a deep rumbling could be heard but no source could be seen. The second, Forge, had a wave a heat escape from it as the door parted and a deep red glowing could be seen far down the hallway.

Denholme hefted his Stonehammer up and rest it on his shoulder. <"Good work Chonar."> He walked towards the Forge hallway. "Well two doors ta choose from. Not really interested in a vote, so let us hed down the Forge hallway." He heat was sweltering but having spent the majority of his life working at a hearth it felt comfortable to him. Other's though may find it a bit overcoming.

((I know I said something dramatic but I forgot exactly where we were soo...... it's coming in a few. Also you are free to choose the other door. And the heat will get significantly hotter down the hallway so be prepared!))

Khorianas slowly followed Denholme into the forge. As a fellow smith, he was also used to the heat; While he was not as sturdy as the dwarf, a certain presence within the elf did it's part so that the elf was able to shrug off the heat. His spear was still resting tip down, with it' shaft against the forearm of the elf. The blood knight was curious if his personal interest would be satisfied in the forge ahead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rahj'haar hesitated briefly. *His greed and intrigue pushed him towards the other door, Earth, but he weighed his options carefully. *Not knowing anything about the Titans, or where he even was for that matter, he agreed with himself that it would be safer to follow his guides. *Still, the decision clawed at him, as he knew there might be riches down the other path, and that people wouldn't see him, but alas, it simply wasn't a safe choice. *The heat would not phase him, as his was simply a walking soul mixed with arcane energy, so un-phased, he followed the first two down into the corridor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chonar closed his tome, the heavy book's pages slamming together with a muffled thud. He refastened it to the chain on his hip and planted his helm back upon his balding head. "Aye. Best not to split up until we get a better look into th' possible dangers that lay ahead." He headed into the Forge corridor, but the heat gave him pause. "Whew~! An' here's me steamin' it up in me platemail. Feels like th' Great Forge on a busy day." He chuckled uncomfortably.

While he had been known to hammer out his own creations when he was younger, the immense heat would take its toll on the old codger. Suddenly, the other corridor sure looked a lot more enticing. But he stuck true to his word, and ventured forward.

Charles followed the dwarves into the "Forge" hallway. While he desired to remain as comfortable as possible, as in, he did not care to be baked alive, he felt that staying in a group would be the best idea, especially after that warning by the construct. As he walked down, he was silent, but he inwardly agreed with the old dwarf. The hallway was very warm, and getting warmer still with every step. He dug into his pack for something to help stifle the heat, at least in part. His leather was not doing him a favor, that was for sure. When he closed his hands on a pair of soft, cold, pieces of fabric, he pulled them out to reveal some frostweave handkerchiifs. He extended one to Chonar. "Looks like you need one of these more than anyone else." While he in reality did not care that much for anyone other than himself, it was important to keep up appearances till his moment arrived. Oh, and it will arrive, alright.

Alice walked alongside the group as they went down the... warm... hallway, fanning herself after she put away her sword and shield. She was amazed at the endurance Denholme seemed to have against the heat, it was killing her!

"I'm really starting to regret bringing along this armor! A nice set of linen clothing would do me well in this heat!" Alice said complainingly as she sweltered inside her heavy plate. A longing for her Snowball making machine overtook her - but unfortunately something that bulky was not among her list of items to be brought along.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclejesse
    I'm not very nice and think I will stay away from the forums for a week to calm down
    (Note: This post might have been edited by Boubouille)
    My characters Bintah and Alicia