Thread: Thank you!!

Cool Thank you!!

I noticed someone say this in another thread and I realized it immediately. The mods for this section of the forums have put in alot of time trying to keep the forums clean and banning/warning the trolls/flamers/etc... So for that I would like to extend my thanks for the effort and time.
    Been gone since 2011, enjoying being back.

Deleted
    Yes and thats because you cant be one tiny little bit critical about ANYTHING in swtor in here, justified or not, without getting an infraction or ban.

I saw a guy who had some critisism about the game engine. His posts was deleted. I defended the guy and asked publically, and politely, why his threads was deleted, and got an infraction for being "unconstructive".....

Im probably getting banned for this one i guess... That would make my point.

In here its "SWTOR IS GOD WITH NO FAULTS" - or get a stfu ban.

Quote Originally Posted by Syldarin View Post
    Yes and thats because you cant be one tiny little bit critical about ANYTHING in swtor in here, justified or not, without getting an infraction or ban.

I saw a guy who had some critisism about the game engine. His posts was deleted. I defended the guy andaska publically why his threads was deleted, and got an infraction for being "unconstructive".....

Thats not true or there would be a lot less posts on here. They are human and i never said they were perfect. However things could be worse. My thoughts on your point are; If you have a problem its fine to talk about it but if the topic is out of hand or you are inciting a flamefest the they have every right to shut it down, but again I'm just a forums user and my opinion matters little.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syldarin View Post

I saw a guy who had some critisism about the game engine. His posts was deleted. I defended the guy and asked publically, and politely, why his threads was deleted, and got an infraction for being "unconstructive".....

They ban and infract me for being positive about the game. So much for that.....

Likely this post will get infracted about it as well

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen someone get infracted, then someone later on down the line quoted and did "^ this 10char" and got infracted because they were "unconstructive" AND the mod decided to add a snarky message onto it. Some of these mods are either insecure or having fun at others expense. There is absolutely no reason to infract someone for agreeing with someone else, it's just absurd.

This is my opinion and previously being a forum mod on a Team Fortress 2 forum that had lots of traffic.

10+ Year Old Account
    In here its "SWTOR IS GOD WITH NO FAULTS"
    That's not constructive either though. If a post has no substance at all to discuss, it's just spam. People get passionate about a subject and tend to freak out a bit, that's fine. If someone has an issue and wants to vent about it, they can easily post the "mad" part and then maybe toss out a few ideas as to how to fix it. That is what is ment by constructive.

Mods can feel free to shut this down cause I can see this getting out of hand. Sorry not my intention at all. I am sorry for thsoe that feel wronged but I haven't seen any flagrant abuse of moderation power and those that are a matter of opinion(i.e. could be a infraction depending on how you look at it) are just that an opinion; I don't think my opinion is more validated than anyone else's.

15+ Year Old Account
    Our mods volunteer their time and work very hard to keep things clean, so I know they enjoy the appreciation.

For those who are unhappy with moderation, feel free to use the Contact Us mail or PM me directly with any complaints about moderation. Please include specific examples of what you're complaining about -- there's not very much we can act on with only "It's so unfair!!!".