Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Swtor server statistic and population!

Found this neat website and wanted to share with you guys!

http://www.torstatus.net/shards/us/stats

Looks like Swtor starting to lose some.

Personally I renewed my sub today for another month after I saw new Patch notes but not many people did I guess.

As you see a lot PvP servers got affected. Could it be due to 1.1 Ilum Patch?
    Last edited by djprada; 2012-01-21 at 11:28 AM.
    WoW, Season 2 Gladiator Rogue (Djprada). #1 3v3 RPM, Vindication BG, Old School Arena rating 2450 and 2v2 R/L 2400, Server Laughing Skull
    Swtor, Battle Master, Sith Assassin Dice, 690 Experise, Server Dearth Wind Corridor

Lvl50 - Assassin PvP Video http://youtu.be/To-k7ZaZGmA

That is a neat website but seems a bit flawed since it only uses the light/standard/heavy measurements from the SWTOR website, and that has been tweaked as Bioware raised server caps. It's nice to see when my server is most active during the day for grouping, though.

You're not the first to link this (and I'm sure you won't be the last). They don't have any actual numbers.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

I'm on the 3rd lowest populated EU server according to that site, and tbh my server doesn't feel low populated at all :P
    Last edited by Harnace; 2012-01-21 at 12:54 PM.

Deleted
    The numbers are nearly entirely guesswork, so take this with a giant pinch of salt.

Im on the same server as Alanni, The server dont seem that dead from what iv seen. Maybe they will do what rift did and give you a one time free server transfer to try make the servers more "full", Im still leveling so i aint seen how 50 PvE is (be it groups poping in general and so on) but i will be there soon to see.

according to these stats, my server was NEVER full, not even very heavy

but thats just not true, in the first 1 or 2 weeks it was basically full for at least 12 hours a day, so I dont know what to make of those stats here

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyzhi View Post
    Im on the same server as Alanni, The server dont seem that dead from what iv seen. Maybe they will do what rift did and give you a one time free server transfer to try make the servers more "full", Im still leveling so i aint seen how 50 PvE is (be it groups poping in general and so on) but i will be there soon to see.
    I'm hoping they bring out some kind of a server transfer system as well. My main, sith sorcerer is on a literally dead server. Even at peak times, the fleet has ~30 people and like 5 of them are 50. Annoys me because I'd like to gear that character up and get to do hard modes, operations, and so forth but can't because there are never people around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyzhi View Post
    Maybe they will do what rift did and give you a one time free server transfer
    Just to point out, you can transfer free from server to server once a week in Rift, seven days cooldown, the rush is over now, Bioware should do the same thing, start merging servers and consolidating them

Before all the naysayers jump in, it's not a sign the game is dying, it's just good business to keep people happy and let them move to another server, only issue i can see is your name already taken...

I read somewhere that server swaps will be available by March.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moff View Post
    according to these stats, my server was NEVER full, not even very heavy

but thats just not true, in the first 1 or 2 weeks it was basically full for at least 12 hours a day, so I dont know what to make of those stats here
    Same for mine and it was full constantly during the first two-three weeks at peak hours.

---------- Post added 2012-01-21 at 10:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rawt View Post
    I read somewhere that server swaps will be available by March.
    Ya I wouldn't be surprised if they are in 1.2. It is something they need to add and it better damn be free.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Ya I wouldn't be surprised if they are in 1.2. It is something they need to add and it better damn be free.
    Amen to that, I will not be pleased if they decide to make it a paid service so early into the life of the game. Wouldn't show me they are thinking along the right path.
    Last edited by Ragnarocket; 2012-01-21 at 03:43 PM.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

Although, knowing how EA is like... *shrug*
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

On the concept of free server transfers - yes, now.

Being an empire player, i want to move to a low-pop empire side server ASAP, to both balance out the odds in pvp (for some people its fun camping republic worms 24/7 on illum, for me it's pathetic.) and get rid of the ridiculous amount of quest competition.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    Amen to that, I will not be pleased if they decide to make it a paid service so early into the life of the game. Wouldn't show me they are thinking along the right path.
    If its free too many people will move to the more populated servers and leaving others deserted. and there will just be more QQ
    I rather have a paid service, and im kind of expecting it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiing View Post
    If its free too many people will move to the more populated servers and leaving others deserted. and there will just be more QQ
    Sure they would, just like they did in Rift.

/facepalm

Deleted
    Stop linking shit like this and pretending it lends credence to your "ToR is dying" arguments.

Only people to have the actual subscriber figures = Bioware/EA. Anything else is guessing with minimal evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by KevyB View Post
    On the concept of free server transfers - yes, now.

Being an empire player, i want to move to a low-pop empire side server ASAP, to both balance out the odds in pvp (for some people its fun camping republic worms 24/7 on illum, for me it's pathetic.) and get rid of the ridiculous amount of quest competition.
    There is no such thing as a PvP server with a low-pop Empire side. Literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiing View Post
    I'd rather see it have a longer CD than Rift to counter frequent transfers, services should be free in a subscription based game.

To counter faction imbalance they should offer a one time per character faction change, at least for a limited time, if at all technically possible.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zotan View Post
    Stop linking shit like this and pretending it lends credence to your "ToR is dying" arguments.

Only people to have the actual subscriber figures = Bioware/EA. Anything else is guessing with minimal evidence.
    this.

i don't understand why threads like this are allowed to continue. the information, what little there is, is being misused for trolling purposes.