Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Really makes you stop and think what else is in the works. As for ACTA, this proposal has been in development since 2006, with the first major "leaks" coming in 2008 and the first official draft released in early 2010. How is it that there was not more awareness about this until now? Taking a look at at what was written in the multiple threads posted here over the past several days blasting the US over SOPA really makes many of those comments almost comical in their absurdity given the circumstances surrounding the development of ACTA, in particular the list of those who took part in it. Well it is refreshing to know that the "illusion of freedom to keep the masses complacent" extends across the pond as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    FUCK SO PAH.

And all it's counterparts.
    "I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints." --Billy Joel

"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "happy". They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” --John Lennon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    What if you're not a citizen of the United States?
    Same concept.

Most (modern or first world) countries have representative governments, remove the supporters of the bills and you solve the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Same concept.

Most (modern or first world) countries have representative governments, remove the supporters of the bills and you solve the problem.
    Or we could, you know, fight the problem at it's source.

For example like this: http://penny-arcade.com/patv/episode...-sopa-and-pipa

Don't get me wrong though, cutting out the governemental support is very good; but it ultimately won't stop things like this.

Deleted
    This is just... Sigh. Seriously. Why are some people even considering this?

let's hope 2012 is real. It seems its the only way to stop sleazy corporations from putting money in the pockets of legislators in order to get "their kind of bills" pushed through.
    Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US

Quote Originally Posted by Zarasthura View Post
    let's hope 2012 is real. It seems its the only way to stop sleazy corporations from putting money in the pockets of legislators in order to get "their kind of bills" pushed through.
    No way, i like this planet... THEY can go die...

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even know how these bills could get thought upon. They should just get thrown out.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostyqt View Post
    I don't even know how these bills could get thought upon. They should just get thrown out.
    Corruption is how, it's everywhere! Nerf wawrloks.

10+ Year Old Account
    this video explains how acta could hurt the internet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmQN9...1dFAAAAAAAAAAA
    Velen: I think your God may just be one of our Gods and you just don't know it.
    Tyrande: Well, I think our Goddess may have crafted your Gods in her spare time.
    Velen and Tyrande: ....
    Velen: Yeah, well...I'm just gonna go.
    Tyrande: Bye.
    *Velen starts walking toward the portal back to Exodar*
    Velen: Your grandmother was a Troll, by the way.
    Tyrande: SENTINELS!!!

Deleted
    i just posted this in the other thread before it got closed, but don't most ISPs already keep your internet history stored for a certain amount of time incase the police or something needed? just curious if they actually do or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is honestly even worse than SOPA from a civil liberties perspective. SOPA would allow them to shut down websites. This would allow them to get information that they have no need for by just asking for it.

---------- Post added 2012-01-23 at 02:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i just posted this in the other thread before it got closed, but don't most ISPs already keep your internet history stored for a certain amount of time incase the police or something needed? just curious if they actually do or not.
    I sent ya a message about it but basically yes ISPs store the info but the Government requires a warrant to get it. With this, they just ask for it and the ISP has to hand it over.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Its a comment from the ACTA video but I agree with it...

I miss when the internet was for leisure... now its just another fucking business that people are trying to control and privatize.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarasthura View Post
    I prefer the "fire congress" strategy. Preferably from a cannon...into the sun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post

I miss when the internet was for leisure... now its just another fucking business that people are trying to control and privatize.

hopefuly eventually they will realize they cannot fully control the internet, no owns the internet, they will never fully control it, if they have to waste money and time creating stupid laws for this, then so be it, they will learn eventually. problem is, most of the people making these laws are older people, that do not use the internet or really understand it

---------- Post added 2012-01-23 at 02:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post

thats a pretty good comment, as i said in mine, eventually people will stop trying to control the internet when they realise they cant. not fully anyway, people will pretty much always find ways around blocks and firewalls and such.

Deleted
    When will they learn? Stop this shit NOW!!! The people don´t want this shit!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FixDestruNow View Post
    When will they learn? Stop this shit NOW!!! The people don´t want this shit!!!

i really dont think this stuff will pass, will be more online protests like the SOPA ones. though i dont think this one is being backed by big corporations like SOPA was, so it may not have the same effect. but still worth doing so they can see we dont want this shit they keep tryna pull on the internet.

---------- Post added 2012-01-23 at 02:34 AM ----------

on the ops post it says "the 27 countires of the EU", so every country in EU is supporting this thing? well i am ashamed, thought we were better than this :\

Quote Originally Posted by Blazer4500 View Post
    this video explains how acta could hurt the internet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmQN9...1dFAAAAAAAAAAA
    thanks, that explains a lot.

the underlying pattern I'm seeing in these bills is old business models being threatened by the internet's sheer level of convenience. rather than keeling over and dying to make way for the future, we get groups fighting tooth and nail to push bills that would cripple the internet in an attempt to eliminate competition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do we keep letting people who can't distinguish the U key from the X key decide what millions of people do on the Internet?

10+ Year Old Account
    At some point should actually have computer literate people start making laws =\