Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    People keep saying "greener pastures," but honestly, is there much better than being a senior producer for Blizzard? I mean, unless he got tired of making video games entirely, there aren't really any better companies to be with right now.
    Why would you say that?

Quote Originally Posted by Lancer View Post
    Why would you say that?
    Blizzard has a pretty damn good track record for releasing good games? Kind of like Valve. I'd love to work for either one of those 2 companies. Maybe not so much Blizzard anymore now that they let Activision put their foot in the door.

Quote Originally Posted by iCandy View Post
    Blizzard has a pretty damn good track record for releasing good games?
    The best*

to be honest...

People keep saying "greener pastures," but honestly, is there much better than being a senior producer for Blizzard? I mean, unless he got tired of making video games entirely, there aren't really any better companies to be with right now.
    Agree with you there. Don't really buy the "he was finished with his part in D3 so he moved on" theory. Why not stay and reap the rewards?
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Especially so close to release. Surely when D3 rakes in a billion dollars the first day the devs will get a nice Christmas bonus or something.

Blizzard making great games != Everybody have has the job of their dream.

I'm not saying the guy left 100% because of a better opportunity but to discard such possibility just because Blizzard make great games is absolutely stupid; have any of you worked in a corporation ? If so, you know that there are a myriad of possible reason for someone to leave a firm. Blizzard is not disney world, the guy there work, have social interactions, there are assholes like everywhere and it doesn't mean you will necessarily be happy. Maybe he got in a fight with his superior ? Who the fuck knows besides him and colleagues.

So............ yeah, someone left, this is not jay wilson, nobody knows what that guy was doing and now it means his job sucked or D3 is going down ? Please. For all I know yes maybe he did a poor job and was fired now that the game is finished. This is ridiculous this event can be interpreted in ANY way you want because it's based on nothing released to the public.

I have heard Blizzard is puting implants in people mind, for me this guy leaving is the proof this is true. He was too afraid and now is going underground to show the worlld about it, this is the only explanation since there are no other reasons to leave Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Xebu View Post
    Agree with you there. Don't really buy the "he was finished with his part in D3 so he moved on" theory. Why not stay and reap the rewards?
    You're only going to stay and reap the rewards if they have something for you to do in the meantime. There aren't many companies that are going to keep you on the payroll when there's no work for you. And if he wasn't really cut out for the job in the first place, I doubt he's going to stick around to the bitter end if he doesn't have to.
    What was I supposed to do, call him for cheating better than me in front of the others?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by areoborg View Post
    You're only going to stay and reap the rewards if they have something for you to do in the meantime. There aren't many companies that are going to keep you on the payroll when there's no work for you. And if he wasn't really cut out for the job in the first place, I doubt he's going to stick around to the bitter end if he doesn't have to.

Well they're looking for a replacement so there is still work to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Lmessi View Post
    There's a million reasons why he may have left. Most likely due to personal reasons. Family, financial etc. Maybe he wants to spend more time with the family? Maybe he found a new job?

It's pretty funny how everyone assumed it's got something to do with D3. Yeah man....guys going to leave his job because he thinks a class is OP and no one at blizz agrees with him so he is emo-quitting his job. Some of you need a reality check.
    This is the most accurate statement I've read all day. Hands down, man!
    All right, so that last test was seriously disappointing. Apparently, being civil isn't motivating you, so let's try it her way, all right, fatty? Adopted... fatty! Fatty, fatty no parents?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Don't know but he is not really big name in Blizzard so I don't care.
    Take out the little cogs in a machine and it stops working. Little names are more important than the big ones, because it is the little names that get shit done while the big names fron the company.
    RETH

I want this game to be out. Now.
    But I'm more inclined to think how funny is that everyone just assumed it's got something to do with D3.
    We'll never know.

we don't know all the reasons and with these guys being professionals, they certainly are not going to be telling denizens on the internet why they left.

Bottom line is that turnover is a constant. There is always going to be talent intermixing with other companies. There will always be reasons to move on. Burn out can be one big one too.

Deleted
    mine was just an opinion, but it is possible
    Depends on the company that it is offering him the position, what position and for how much. :P

Anyway I will now as soon as he will update his Linkedin profile lol

also is possible that just his time was due. in gaming companies when the project is at in the last phases you need less resources, less producers and less staff in general.

Tomorrow I'll write the examples from a book on Game Design I read recently. This is totally wild guess though
    Last edited by mmoc89084f456c; 2012-01-23 at 09:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    People sometimes quit their jobs. Maybe he was bored (no matter how awesome we think his job is, he still could get bored of it). Maybe he got a better offer. I don't see anything exciting about this.

Well you can let me know then =p

Good god there's a bunch of self-centered people out there. 'Someone leaving their job at Blizzard? It MUST be because of MY game!!!'

So many conspiracy theorists too. 'omg this must mean D3 is going to be shit!!!'

People move on from jobs for hundreds of reasons. They find a better job. They find a better-paying job (not necessarily the same thing as the first point). They want a job that doesn't require so many hours, so they can focus on other areas (such as starting a family, or focusing on hobbies, or whatever). They realise they're not doing what they really want to do in life, so make a crazy decision to go pursue that.

There are so many more reasons than that too, and none of them have anything to do with Diablo 3, or Blizzard being a bad company to work for, or anything like that. Wake up and realise that not everything is about you and the game you're looking forward to.

There is a history of this at blizzard . The guys who created diablo II and LOD left also . They then formed a new company and made a game you may have heard of......Guild Wars.... Just saying

Quote Originally Posted by williedabull View Post
    There is a history of this at blizzard . The guys who created diablo II and LOD left also . They then formed a new company and made a game you may have heard of......Guild Wars.... Just saying
    Wrong

Guild Wars is the first game created by developer ArenaNet. Senior developers from Blizzard Entertainment, some involved in the early development of World of Warcraft,[27] left to create ArenaNet to develop a game which took risks with game design and business model.
    Diablo 2 Devs left and made flagship studios and created hellgate london.

I dont know if anyone noticed, but his original tweet was :
    "Hey Twitter, I'm no longer working at Blizzard or on [Diablo III]," he wrote. "I've had a great 5 years there and those guys are going to kill it with Diablo."

Whats written on Diablo fans :
    ""Hey Twitter, I’m no longer working at Blizzard or on D3. I’ve had a great 5 years there and those guys are going to do an amazing job with Diablo.”

Can someone explain this or by kill it he also meant amazing, but I highly doubt that, what do u think guys ?

Quote Originally Posted by Shibarii View Post
    If he finished his job and left then why is "Blizzard Entertainment is currently looking for a Senior Producer." ? If they are seeking someone to replace him then its not just a finished job. There is more to this than they are telling us.....
    Because they need a producer for the D3 expansion that's obviously planned?
    Cohost Saturday Morning WoW
    www.saturdaymorningwow.com