Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    honestly It'll ruin the random bgs queue like fuck but I'll play.
    1 Healer for 2 dpsers.

Makes it
    5 healers for 15
    3 healers for 10
    13 healers for 40

Then you would also have to enable the "flag carrier" - tank role for some of the BGs, other BGs also require a tank for the final bosses (AV and the other place)
    1 tank in 10
    0 tank in 15
    2 tank in 40

The solution for your problem is valid, but the "fix" for it can't simply be added like that because of queue times and class balance.

Honestly if you want to be a demi-god in random bgs get healers you know to follow you, I've gone 19-0 several times without resi as a retri pala having a resto shaman and resto druid with me. It's NOT hard finding healers if you're in a guild or active in pvp, making a solution that will stop ALL the queues with no healers isn't going to be effective.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

First, we should agree on the fact that this is an issue mainly relevant to Warsong Gulch and Twin Peaks where, at random BG skill level, no amount of team play can realistically help a 0-healers team win against a 5-healers one. Knowing this, I can think of a 2-part simple fix :

1) Make it impossible to change your spec inside a Battleground, even during the waiting phase.
    2) Ensure that there is a maximum of 1 healer difference between the fighting teams. If Alliance has 3 healers then Horde will have at least 2 healers and at most 4 healers.

As for the gear requirements, not only is it not as important as the healer problem but it is also being fixed in the next expansion with resilience becoming a base stat. Not only that, but it is also heavily diminished in the relevant dungeons (WSG and TP) because of the increased damage taken by the FC. Sure it's not ideal, but if Blizzard can't guarantee a completely balanced fight in random BGs (which is completely understandable), at least fix the most apparent problems.

Finally, queue times. Currently, in Argent Dawn-EU, I have instant queues (literally, the join panel pops up the moment I click "Join") and I wouldn't mind if I had to wait for 5min (10min would be pushing it I admit). Or they could make it optional, so you can either choose a fast queue and try your luck or a long-ish queue while ensuring you'll have a chance to a fair-ish fight.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenBeard View Post
    Finally, queue times. Currently, in Argent Dawn-EU, I have instant queues (literally, the join panel pops up the moment I click "Join") and I wouldn't mind if I had to wait for 5min (10min would be pushing it I admit). Or they could make it optional, so you can either choose a fast queue and try your luck or a long-ish queue while ensuring you'll have a chance to a fair-ish fight.
    Yes, YOUR queues may be instant and YOU may not mind. My queues are not instant and I DO mind. As is apparent by the vast number of people now posting on this thread that they do as well. We do not want our queue times to go up.

Someone else has mentioned this and I had not thought of it. To the people saying they want a fair fight but don't have the time to form a rated BG, well, I can understand that. So what can you do? Go into trade chat and grab two healers who want to do random BGs. Invite them to a group and queue up. You did not have to find an entire group of people for rated and you still get your 10 man with a few healers. Works out well for everyone as long as you can be arsed to put in a bit of work. Or as people have said roll a healer.

An additional note for people saying lock the class change ability, personally for me, I geared up (crazy concept I know) in BGs for both my healing spec and my dps spec (druid) and when I joined a bg and felt like healing (fair amount) and saw we had no healers I would switch to resto during that time period. I stopped however because resto druids are so awful in PvP right now I don't even want to play but that's a different issue entirely. Point being, some people do make use of that option to switch specs to actually help you with your goal of having healers every BG. Now I'm fairly certain that you would only want this done if the first fix goes into effect which makes sense and makes this point moot. Just some food for thought.